The Slammed / Aggressive **WHEEL FITMENT** thread - Page 4 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 51Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 04:40 PM
Addict
 
PhillyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Beach! VA
Posts: 2,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaengooYAHH View Post
btw, question philly did you ever consider running a bigger tire? if so what stopped you? you seem to have a lot of space for some more tire.
Going off of what was edited as im assuming you had something not worth while keeping here.

I have plenty of room for more tire. Right now im on a 255/40 on a 9.5 wheel. Its a minor close to no stretch in the rear. The problem is not the fender yet the rear bumper connecting to the rear fender. Ive had body work done to make a false wall adding to the rear bumper to match the pull. But still the issue is there. The only way to get more tire and not look dook would be overfenders and to cut away from the problem area.

Back when i was working the fitment issue there was no threads like this for me to base my fitment or body work off of. So my fitment may be outdated but i still know that i and others have helped turn the fitment game around.

Before it was just everyone duplicating the miss is300 look.

Putting stickers on fake wheels to pass them off is the same as a girl rocking a fake Gucci or a Lamborghini kit car or some fake Jordan's. If you can't afford to play then rock the lower end brands and stop playing yourself.
PhillyB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #47 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-12-2010, 04:57 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Birmingham/Mobile Al.
Posts: 5,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
           
i can say from experience philly/gary was the first person i saw running aggressive offsets. he inspired me. from the rear fender pull, the rubbing issues and wondering what could be done on the stock front fenders, everything he did made me question what a good fitment was. i had never heard of hellaflush, i had never heard of wfc, any of that, but i knew that his fitment was epic. then travis, sang, jacob and white is(sry bro cant remember your name) all showed what could be done and took it further. and so i decided my fitment based on theirs. seriously, this is my thank you to everyone part of the slammed/aggressive movement on this forum. you guy's redefined my idea of what cool was.

1st Gen Elitist
01 Satin White IS300 Sedan w/ Sportcross conversion.
Broken, Beaten, Ugly, Riced out, and loved. Some people will never understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
Hes poor and from AL or MS or some other tragic Katrina victim state. what do you expect.
RIVALHOUSEGARAGEDOTCOM
Avernier is offline  
post #48 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 08:33 AM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
18 x 8.5 +30 215/40/18
18 x 10 +25 235/35/18
Drop 2" on Fortune Auto Coilover all Around.




thulinhlun is offline  
 
post #49 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:09 AM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Birmingham/Mobile Al.
Posts: 5,179
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
           
holy god dude. it only took you 6 days from when you asked your question to when you had wheels AND baller coils. i salute you. i love the gold on white, but i am getting a little weary since every one seems to do it, especially on meshies... but thats a nice drop too! it all looks great and i'm glad you got the results you were looking for.

1st Gen Elitist
01 Satin White IS300 Sedan w/ Sportcross conversion.
Broken, Beaten, Ugly, Riced out, and loved. Some people will never understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
Hes poor and from AL or MS or some other tragic Katrina victim state. what do you expect.
RIVALHOUSEGARAGEDOTCOM
Avernier is offline  
post #50 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:55 AM
Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In Jail lol
Posts: 2,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
           
^ what wheels are those?

IS..less
BeansIS is offline  
post #51 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 10:55 AM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avernier View Post
holy god dude. it only took you 6 days from when you asked your question to when you had wheels AND baller coils. i salute you. i love the gold on white, but i am getting a little weary since every one seems to do it, especially on meshies... but thats a nice drop too! it all looks great and i'm glad you got the results you were looking for.
Thanks alot, and yeah i asked some question for it but seem like noone answer so i did some research myself and just do it. Turned out pretty good hehe.



@BeansIS, it knock-off brand $35 each wheel from ebay
thulinhlun is offline  
post #52 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Aficionado
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: St. Augustine Beach, FL
Posts: 923
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by thulinhlun View Post
Thanks alot, and yeah i asked some question for it but seem like noone answer so i did some research myself and just do it. Turned out pretty good hehe.

@BeansIS, it knock-off brand $35 each wheel from ebay
looks like a MIRO WHEELS STP2's from their step lip collection, I've never heard/seen them in that size and color though. nice choice!
ShagginWagon is offline  
post #53 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 11:42 AM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego
Posts: 419
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
           
^^^looks good duude!

Lexie

'03 MSM 5Spd
sunny D is offline  
post #54 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:20 PM
Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: In Jail lol
Posts: 2,180
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
           
Pmed

msglength

IS..less
BeansIS is offline  
post #55 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-14-2010, 09:56 PM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyB View Post
Going off of what was edited as im assuming you had something not worth while keeping here.

I have plenty of room for more tire. Right now im on a 255/40 on a 9.5 wheel. Its a minor close to no stretch in the rear. The problem is not the fender yet the rear bumper connecting to the rear fender. Ive had body work done to make a false wall adding to the rear bumper to match the pull. But still the issue is there. The only way to get more tire and not look dook would be overfenders and to cut away from the problem area.

Back when i was working the fitment issue there was no threads like this for me to base my fitment or body work off of. So my fitment may be outdated but i still know that i and others have helped turn the fitment game around.

Before it was just everyone duplicating the miss is300 look.
my posted was edited because i was addressing an idiot whos post got deleted.
anywho, so pretty much what you're saying is you've done your rear set up without doing anything to the rear bumper tab correct?
by "false wall" you mean on the outside correct?
TaengooYAHH is offline  
post #56 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 04:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by thulinhlun View Post


@BeansIS, it knock-off brand $35 each wheel from ebay
Wait, thulinhlun are you saying you bought those wheels for $35 a piece? This has to be a typo
mr2turbo12 is offline  
post #57 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 04:52 PM
Altruist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Boca Raton, FL.
Posts: 3,799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2turbo12 View Post
Wait, thulinhlun are you saying you bought those wheels for $35 a piece? This has to be a typo
for real! that would be nuts!
ITALIAN LEX is offline  
post #58 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:15 PM
Loyalist
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
           
probably $350 lol c'mon guys!

2004 MSM IS300
| Tein HA | JoeZ | Blitz | Project | Work | HKS | Xerd | GROM iPod |

3 Steps to Fit your Wheels
jon4862 is offline  
post #59 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:45 PM
Addict
 
PhillyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Beach! VA
Posts: 2,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaengooYAHH View Post
my posted was edited because i was addressing an idiot whos post got deleted.
anywho, so pretty much what you're saying is you've done your rear set up without doing anything to the rear bumper tab correct?
by "false wall" you mean on the outside correct?

Where there rear bumper used to meet up with the quarter panel. I had cut away and made a false wall aka the rear bumper come out more to meet up with the pull. The tab i had moved further back by drilling a new hole.

Putting stickers on fake wheels to pass them off is the same as a girl rocking a fake Gucci or a Lamborghini kit car or some fake Jordan's. If you can't afford to play then rock the lower end brands and stop playing yourself.
PhillyB is offline  
post #60 of 1249 (permalink) Old 06-15-2010, 05:48 PM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
oh i see.. so you relocated the whole tab itself i see...
TaengooYAHH is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Current users viewing this Thread: 6 (0 members and 6 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome