The Slammed / Aggressive **WHEEL FITMENT** thread - Page 2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 49Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 07:54 AM
Addict
 
PhillyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Beach! VA
Posts: 2,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
I call for Vertex Front Fenders then go with a 215/40 front.
Rear would need to be pulled out and you can use a 235/40 but still the rear bumper tab would be your only issue after that.

Putting stickers on fake wheels to pass them off is the same as a girl rocking a fake Gucci or a Lamborghini kit car or some fake Jordan's. If you can't afford to play then rock the lower end brands and stop playing yourself.
PhillyB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #17 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scottdale AZ
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
I'm hoping someone in this thread can help me out with my search. I want an aggressive stance. Somewhere around Front 8.5 +30 9.5 +30. What im having trouble with is finding a nice Hyper Black concave wheel. If you have any ideas or suggestions please feel free to pm or write in this thread. Also will this fitment will the rims be flush with the outside of the fenders. Thank you for the help. Sorry if this is the wrong thread for this. If so go ahead and delete.
2004Pearl300 is offline  
post #18 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 11:19 AM
Loyalist
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 1,647
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
           
what's your price range? ...check out www.wheeldude.com

2004 MSM IS300
| Tein HA | JoeZ | Blitz | Project µ | Work | HKS | Xerd | GROM iPod |

3 Steps to Fit your Wheels
jon4862 is offline  
 
post #19 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 11:28 AM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Scottdale AZ
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Dont want to spend more then $1200 on the wheels. I already have tires.
2004Pearl300 is offline  
post #20 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 254
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Probably gonna have to buy some knock offs then like rota grids or something if you want new. You should be flush with that fitment and no pull just roll. Or you could check out used wheels like vr wheels, jdm-wheels, memory fab, there's a lot too name or keep your eyes out on the for sale threads. Are you looking for something like a volk TE-37 look?
Blue IS 300 is offline  
post #21 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Altruist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Boca Raton, FL.
Posts: 3,799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by IS300 GTE View Post
^^^ i had 245/40 on my 18x10 +22 in the rear and the tire would hit the rear bumper tab.
for the front i tried a 225/40 and it rubbed too.
I RECOMMEND front 18x9 215/35 rear 18x10 235/40

i have 18x9 +24 215/40 and it rubs at my height. 18x10 +22 235/40 no rubbing
with equal stretch front & back
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyB View Post
I call for Vertex Front Fenders then go with a 215/40 front.
Rear would need to be pulled out and you can use a 235/40 but still the rear bumper tab would be your only issue after that.
You think going up to +30 would help? I'm gonna search around some more to see if I can find some better offsets but if all else fails I could go with a front and rear spacer. While I like the Vertex fenders, definitely not enough money in my pockets for those.
ITALIAN LEX is offline  
post #22 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 01:09 PM
Addict
 
PhillyB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Virginia Beach! VA
Posts: 2,133
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
i dont know how to play the what will and wont work but i have no money to do anything.

I can only offer suggestions on what would work but if you dont have the funds to do so i cant help..

I have a 2 jobs and have a steady income so everything i "want" i save for and get.

Putting stickers on fake wheels to pass them off is the same as a girl rocking a fake Gucci or a Lamborghini kit car or some fake Jordan's. If you can't afford to play then rock the lower end brands and stop playing yourself.
PhillyB is offline  
post #23 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALIAN LEX View Post
Ok trying to nail out the final details of the new setup.

Looking for an Aggressive fitment; here are the specs:

Front:
18x9 +20

Rear:
18x10 +20

I have a Front and Rear Rotora BBK (6 piston fronts and 4 piston rears). As well my rear fender lips have been trimmed down to the edge. I don't have any issues with getting working on the fender liners and am willing to do what I need to get this project going. I am on coils and am dropped pretty low as well.

My last issue is I would like to have a little meat on the rears. Stretching a 225 on a 10 is not what I'm looking to do. If a 255 was possible I'd be happy. I'm currently on a 19x10 with a 275 tire.
ill show you how to do a 18x10+20 on a 265/35 when everything gets finished. it comes down to what tire you throw on as you get closer to the fender...
TaengooYAHH is offline  
post #24 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Altruist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Boca Raton, FL.
Posts: 3,799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyB View Post
i dont know how to play the what will and wont work but i have no money to do anything.

I can only offer suggestions on what would work but if you dont have the funds to do so i cant help..

I have a 2 jobs and have a steady income so everything i "want" i save for and get.
Sorry that I'm a full time student with a part time job. Don't judge what you know nothing about. I'll leave it at that.


There are a lot of cars on here with aggressive wheels that don't have aftermarket Vertex fenders. Which is why I'm trying to see if adding a spacer would help. If you can't help, just say so.

Anyone that does care to help would be greatly appreciated.
ITALIAN LEX is offline  
post #25 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 04:33 PM Thread Starter
Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: żdn ǝpıs ʇɥƃıɹ
Posts: 6,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITALIAN LEX View Post
Sorry that I'm a full time student with a part time job. Don't judge what you know nothing about. I'll leave it at that.


There are a lot of cars on here with aggressive wheels that don't have aftermarket Vertex fenders. Which is why I'm trying to see if adding a spacer would help. If you can't help, just say so.

Anyone that does care to help would be greatly appreciated.
Alright... Time to relax. Nobody is judging in here. He simply made a true statement about the depth of one's pockets in regards to the amount of work needing to be done, etc. I'm a full time student w/ a part time job as well, so let's not throw around that commentary like it's a debilitating disease. Everyone can save money, it just depends on your choices.


Anyways. My only problem with running a 235/40 tire is that it's a HUGE sidewall. Like... gargantuan. 50% of the time, you would rub in the rear simply from the height of the tire (which is nearly an inch taller than stock). And for the front, a 215/40/18 is the same size as stock, 25". So to step down to a 215/35/18 is retarded. You'd have nearly 2" of a difference in sidewall height front and rear. If you want your IS300 to look like a funny car, then go for it. LOL

I would step to a +30 offset with the 18x10. Check out my post up top. I'm running an 18x10+33 and a 245/35/18. I have about 2mm of fender clearance at my ride height, so all you would have to do is pull your fenders a tad bit more than 10mm, run -3* of camber in the rear, and you'd be set with a 245/35. You'd still have a decent amount of traction, and it looks killer.

I'm positive 18x9/10+30 would make you happy. Past that, it's a lot of trial and error, and rubbing. Not sure if you're ready for that yet considering you still want *some* traction.

'04 Infiniti G35 6mt Coupe
'02 Lexus IS300 - SOLD

Last edited by twestman; 05-21-2010 at 04:38 PM.
twestman is offline  
post #26 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 05:28 PM
Frequenter
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
all will be solved for those with turbo / sc applications, trust.
TaengooYAHH is offline  
post #27 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 06:30 PM
Altruist
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Boca Raton, FL.
Posts: 3,799
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by twestman View Post
Alright... Time to relax. Nobody is judging in here. He simply made a true statement about the depth of one's pockets in regards to the amount of work needing to be done, etc. I'm a full time student w/ a part time job as well, so let's not throw around that commentary like it's a debilitating disease. Everyone can save money, it just depends on your choices.


Anyways. My only problem with running a 235/40 tire is that it's a HUGE sidewall. Like... gargantuan. 50% of the time, you would rub in the rear simply from the height of the tire (which is nearly an inch taller than stock). And for the front, a 215/40/18 is the same size as stock, 25". So to step down to a 215/35/18 is retarded. You'd have nearly 2" of a difference in sidewall height front and rear. If you want your IS300 to look like a funny car, then go for it. LOL

I would step to a +30 offset with the 18x10. Check out my post up top. I'm running an 18x10+33 and a 245/35/18. I have about 2mm of fender clearance at my ride height, so all you would have to do is pull your fenders a tad bit more than 10mm, run -3* of camber in the rear, and you'd be set with a 245/35. You'd still have a decent amount of traction, and it looks killer.

I'm positive 18x9/10+30 would make you happy. Past that, it's a lot of trial and error, and rubbing. Not sure if you're ready for that yet considering you still want *some* traction.
Thanks Twestman...I figured the +20 was a little low to want to have a meatier tire. I'll look around for the +30 offsets for the rear. I think I'll see if I can find someone in my area to do some test fitting as well. I'm in no rush to get this done, especially since my motor is apart right now and I'm waiting on other exterior pieces to get here. But I figured now is as good a time as any to get some info together so when I do pull the trigger it'll quick and painless.
ITALIAN LEX is offline  
post #28 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 11:41 PM
Extremist
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Joplin, MO
Posts: 5,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
           
SSR Professor MS1
Front:
18x8 +17 (+37 with a 20mm Spacer)
215/40/18

Rolled/pulled fenders.
Remold liners.
-1.7camber

My suggestion, go 8.5 +23 with a 215/40/18 or 9 +29 with a 215/40/18 for the same fitment but more stretch. Or run more negative camber. I still rub the fenders sometimes.

Rear
18x9 +27 (+37 with a 10mm Spacer)
235/40/18

Roll/pull fenders
Trim bumper/bumper tab.
Remold rear liner.
-1.5* camber

My recommendation, 225/40/18. Period.
Or 9.5 +33 or 10 +38. Either one with a 245/35/18.
Do not run a 235/40/18 in the rear. It's too tall.

Also, you most likely won't get this alignment with stock parts. I am running Cusco Front Upper A arms for more adjustment for negative camber in the front, and Figs Mega Arms (rear lower control arms) for more adjustment in the rear. I HIGHLY recommend both, and I will be buying a lot more of Figs suspension pieces.

I might have a new mod for the rear bumper tabs in the next few days too... I've got it set in my head, I just need to look at it first.





white_is is offline  
post #29 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 12:58 AM Thread Starter
Guru
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: żdn ǝpıs ʇɥƃıɹ
Posts: 6,484
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Very nice


Keep it up guys!

'04 Infiniti G35 6mt Coupe
'02 Lexus IS300 - SOLD
twestman is offline  
post #30 of 1248 (permalink) Old 05-27-2010, 11:56 AM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 363
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Helpful thread!

Last edited by shhhua; 08-02-2010 at 11:53 AM.
shhhua is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Wheels and Tires

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Current users viewing this Thread: 5 (0 members and 5 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome