power windows - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS300 Owner's Forum
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2008, 07:43 AM   #1 (permalink)

mattster of disaster is an unknown at this point
hello all
i have a little problem with my power windows...
the auto up feature brings the window up, but it immediately goes back down when it is closed...

does anyone know whats wrong?

hello world,
i would like to know if anyone knows how to reset the pinch protection on my 2001 is300 auto windows.
where is the switch located, or how do i reset it?

thanks,
mattster of disaster

Last edited by Squareback; 04-01-2008 at 07:25 PM.
mattster of disaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2008, 02:07 PM   #2 (permalink)

pearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community member
i have the same freaken problem when i put it on auto and pull it up the window goes up and automaticly goes down intill the middle..then i have the take it up with the regular way (not auto)
pearl_IS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-01-2008, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Guru

my.IS Supporter 2006 ToyDrive Participant
Squareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community memberSquareback is an elite community member
Need your "pinch protection" reset. Might need to go to dealer to do it, not 100% sure.
Old 04-03-2008, 01:04 AM   #4 (permalink)

pearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community memberpearl_IS is an elite community member
i got mine fixed with the same problem and it cost me 100 dollars from a local electrition
pearl_IS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-03-2008, 06:56 AM   #5 (permalink)

kinoplay is an unknown at this point
for a hundred dollars just take it as a inconveniance and do it manual
kinoplay is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-03-2008, 07:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Enthusiast

el-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community memberel-guapin is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattster of disaster View Post
hello all
i have a little problem with my power windows...
the auto up feature brings the window up, but it immediately goes back down when it is closed...

does anyone know whats wrong?

hello world,
i would like to know if anyone knows how to reset the pinch protection on my 2001 is300 auto windows.
where is the switch located, or how do i reset it?

thanks,
mattster of disaster
You need to do this:

Quote:
HOW TO RESET POWER WINDOW MOTOR (RESET SWITCH AND PULSE SWITCH)
If the jam protection is not functioned properly, perform the following procedure.

HINT: It is necessary to reset the power window motor (in initial position for the limit switch) when separating the window regulator from the power window motor or operating the window regulator with the door glass not installed.

Remove the power window motor. HINT: Place the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.
Connect the power window motor and power window switch to wire harness of the vehicle.
Turn the ignition switch ON and operate the power window switch to idle the power window motor in UP side direction for more than 6 rotations or less than 10 rotates (4 seconds or more).
Assemble the power window motor and regulator. HINT:
Install the motor when the regulator arm is below the middle point.
Align the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.
Assemble the power window regulator and door glass. HINT: Never rotate the motor to the down direction until the completion of the window glass installation.
Connect power window switch to wire harness and turn the ignition switch ON.
Repeat UP and DOWN operation several times manually.
Check if AUTO UP -> AUTO DOWN operates in automatic operation. HINT:
Take care that the jam protection function does not operate just after resetting.
Reset the regulator again when performing the reverse operating after closing the window fully by AUTO UP operation.
Check the power window function

The window motor needs to be clocked, most glass installers are clueless, so never do. To fix it, the motor must be removed from the regulator, then the switch plugged back in. Hit the down button, and let the motor turn until it stops, then bump it back up until the gear has made six full turns. From there, just reinstall the window motor, and you'll be good to go.
03 GGP Auto/SportDesign...SOLD
01 MSM Auto/LSD...SOLD
el-guapin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-15-2008, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Frequenter

RiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leaderRiversideS13 is a recognized community leader
i am having same problem and this sounds like a complex way to fix...is there any easier way to fix?
Old 05-04-2010, 05:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lurker

937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member937DYTBOI is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiversideS13 View Post
i am having same problem and this sounds like a complex way to fix...is there any easier way to fix?

yea this thread is like 2 years out but im trying to fix my window, the above instructions are confusing i cant even get the motor dismounted
937DYTBOI is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS300 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)