Frozen Power Steering fluid? - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS300 Owner's Forum
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2004, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)

tyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community membertyau is an elite community member
Frozen Power Steering fluid?

Hi,

It has been very very cold in Toronto for the last couple of days.

I noticed when I first start my IS300 after it has been sitting for a while, I noticed some very strange noise and steeling feel when I turn the steeling wheel. It felt like there were some problem with the tire or suspension and the wheel do not want to turn.

But this strange feeling disappear in a couple of minutes of driving.

I am wondering if this is because of the cold weather and the power steeling fluid is freezed and warm up after driving for a while?

Any input are welcome.

Thanks.
Custco Vacanza Sway Bars
Stainless steel braided brake hosts
JDM Altezza front grill (red Altezza badge)
tyau is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2004, 03:53 PM   #2 (permalink)
Frequenter

DoWnAqT is a continually helpful memberDoWnAqT is a continually helpful member
never heard of power steering fluid freezing. it could if you got water into the system....have you washed down your motor?..if not it could be the rack and pinion steering rack not being lubricated enough when its cold.
DoWnAqT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-30-2004, 06:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lurker

Y0shi is an unknown at this point
It's freaking -23 degrees below zero here in Minnesota last night. When I started my car this morning, it almost didn't even start. I have 19k on it. It's a 2003. It sounded like a used out turbocharge engine trying to start. It was all slow and strugglin. I heard a popping noise after being started for 10 sec. Wierd. 3 days in a row it was below zero temp. :crazy: I wanted to take it to the dealer and ask them to see what would cause that noise. It worries me a bit, but not too much. My steering was a bit slow in the beginning, but after like 15 min, it was good again. Also my suspension was clicking/knocking when I turn hard or do a big U turn. It's that cold. My poor IS sits outside, and not in the garage, because it's full of other 1970's car. New = outside, Old = inside. Doesn't make sense :crazy: but I dong own this house...so tough for me. :-? I let my car warm up for about 20 min. and I start it every 2.5 hours during work hours, to keep it from having that crazy cold start now. 8) Another note, I hear a constant humming noise in the background, even when I turn off my radio. Cold weather does strange Sh*t to your car.
Y0shi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS300 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)