Evap hell - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 02:34 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Evap hell

Hi so i am new to the forum world. I have been trying to fix an issue on my IS300. I have a 2003 Auto Is300 with 150,xxx miles. As soon as i got it i did all maintenence. After about a month and a few thousand miles, after replacing my Valve cover gasket, i had a Check Engine Light and Traction Control Light flashing. I originally broke a little black box(part #23818 - PIPE, FUEL VAPOR FEE PIPE)that i guess is part of the evap system and i replaced that through ebay. I also have leaking a gas cap and a stain all the time from gas leakage and no i never spill gas!. So... I replaced the gas cap and reset the code.
It came back on a few days and a few hundred miles later!!!! I then scanned it and it said P0446, P0442, P0446P, and P0442P.
Theen i read that it could be a loose or cracked hose. So i replaced all the hoses that touched after gasket replacement. Annd even checked other hoses..I also made sure they are in the right spot.
The next step was to clear the code and make sure it doesnt pop up again... Guess what? it came again a few hundred miles/days later! so this time i went ahead and ordered the vsv 79.99 and did it myself.
Keep in mind, i took my car to autozone so the could scan it and they said either a 299.99 part or 79.99 for the same 2 codes. Its the charcoal canister or purge valve..
Well i found out my cvc shaft/boot is leaking and left a full circle of grease and muck.. i think it clogged the vsv.. i replaced it and cleared the code again.
This time it came on a week later and after a hard canyon run.. what do you think it is at this point?!?!? i need to get a fix it ticket signed off for exhaust and i hear it is an automatic fail if check engine light is on and im getting an exhasut check. Would it matter getting oem fuel cap from dealership? i got aftermarket with lock on cap. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 06:13 AM
Fiend

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)

Sounds like You are chasing your tail. So to speak. Why don't You get it smoke tested To see where the leak is. That way you don't keep throwing money at it.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That was my next step, I will attempt to do it tomorrow and see what the results are.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-20-2017, 01:09 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 53 Post(s)

All hoses plugged back in? Ive heard others forgetting to plug hoses back in and getting these codes. I don't know if those codes would come on if the overfill check valve was at fault but I had P0440 come on my car and I had to replace mine. You could always check. Good luck.
01 IS300 with a p0440 (pic)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Owner's Forums > IS300 Owner's Forum

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page