Lexus IS Forum banner

Faded Interior Door Panels - Painted

34K views 110 replies 75 participants last post by  kvinal2 
#1 · (Edited)
It had always bothered me that the interior door panels had faded to a blue color, which was painfully noticeable. I guess the previous owner had left the car in sun for years. Thankfully the car is now garage kept. I removed each door panel and painted the fabric with Duplicolor flat black fabric paint. It came out really good, better then I had thought. You can not tell the difference. Here are some pictures of before, after and comparing the color difference. Thanks guys.

Front finished comparing faded back door

See less See more
#58 ·
Looks pretty damn good. Thank you for sharing.

#63 ·
although this does look great and i want to try it again. Ill have to say that i used this when i had my first car (97 mirage) the interior was black and this weird camo blue. the black part of the seats were starting to fade into a blueish color just like ours are doing. I did my front and back seats and door panels as well and the front seats eventually started fading after a week and a half. the fabric on the panels lasted a bit longer since they were hardly touched.

I always wondered if there was something to spray on top to protect the paint.

#74 ·
+ rep to the OP.... I will be doing mine soon.

D

#85 ·
i did this with my first car (integra dc4) i had tan interior and i painted the dash door panels and carpet all black. turned out great. props to you for doing it to ur is300. for my project i used dupli color fabric paint and the carpet took a couple of layers to fully turn out black instead of black with tan spots. gl for who ever is going to do this. just take your time and it'll turn out good. its all prep work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.