My Megan EZ Street series review - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Stop, Drop and Roll
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2010, 10:25 AM   #1 (permalink)
Enthusiast

DIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community member
My Megan EZ Street series review

So I've been riding on a set of Tanabe Pro Sustec for the past 4 years and put 50,000 miles on there and just last month the left rear blew on me. It was getting pretty bad and scary cause it was throwing the car around especially when going over bumps.

I need a coilover bad, but I was going on a budget due to a slow economy so I was looking toward the Tein Basic, or cheaper but I came across the Megan EZ Street which was going for about 690 shipped on eBay. I contacted the seller by phone and got a better price 650 shipped to my door.I ordered it on Monday morning and received on it Friday. I open the package to get a look and feel of the coilovers.

The tanabes had a 4-way adjustment in front and 8-way in the rear the Megans had 15 all the way around. The Piston on the megan is slightly thicker then the tanabes and both are rubber mount. the only thing I don't like about the megans is the adjustment nob for the rear is on top which meant it was harder to get to when I reassemble the rear trunk. the tanabes adjustment nob was on the coilover on the buttom which meant easier to access.

I started the install and I had decided at last moment to install the Cusco upper a arms that I had laying around for the past 4.5 years. I drove out to the nearest auto part and buy a Pitman arm puller. I started the install by myself at 9pm - 12am and continued next day at 7am to 1pm with breaks in between. Everything was pretty simple, I torque everything up to specs.

here are some pics from the install

here is the pics of the old tanabes

I have been driving around in the past two days with the front at 12 outs of 15 and the rear 6 out of 15 and the car feels nice and a little firm, steering feels more responsive and sharper, braking feels a lot better as well. the little bumps on the road I can feel but it's not so noticeable and larger bumps are much noticeable but the car doesn't rub anymore. The front and rear are both dropped at 2.25 inches which there is no gap from the wheels to the fender.

Overall the coilovers are cheap but I like the ride quality my wife says there stiff like I am driving on overinflated tires but I like it. I drove around in my brothers IS300 with Megan LP and they feel about the same but the lp are a little noisy. so for the price its not bad but your just limit on settings the height is all the same.

Last edited by DIN300; 12-08-2010 at 10:34 AM.
DIN300 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-08-2010, 11:04 AM   #2 (permalink)

Jeff.IS300 is an unknown at this point
I have these too. I got them from corsportusa for 700 shipped. They are pretty nice riding, and i notice the braking is alot better going from stock. I have a camber kit coming for my car soon since we couldnt get the alignment right with the drop. I put them in myself and it wasn't too bad. the way they were set from the factory made the front really high and the back slammed. It took a few tries to get the ride height even and a few days for the springs to settle and have to do it again.
Jeff.IS300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-08-2010, 11:15 AM   #3 (permalink)
Enthusiast

DIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community memberDIN300 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff.IS300 View Post
I have these too. I got them from corsportusa for 700 shipped. They are pretty nice riding, and i notice the braking is alot better going from stock. I have a camber kit coming for my car soon since we couldnt get the alignment right with the drop. I put them in myself and it wasn't too bad. the way they were set from the factory made the front really high and the back slammed. It took a few tries to get the ride height even and a few days for the springs to settle and have to do it again.

yes I had the same thing happen the front was higher then the back so when I let the car down and backed it up and pulled it foward to see where the car sat and measured with a ruler and jack the car back up and fixed it once. the rear sat good from factory.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Extremist

kraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community memberkraven9 is an elite community member
Good review. You should post pics of the drop.

MeVersusThem
kraven9 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-09-2010, 11:29 AM   #5 (permalink)
Enthusiast

Here is the pics with the Megan EZ Street

Old 12-12-2010, 06:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Aficionado

zfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community memberzfury01 is an elite community member
Whats the drop at?

Edit:: Nvm. Reread at 2.25". lol
Old 01-10-2011, 04:52 PM   #7 (permalink)

AAHawaii07 is an unknown at this point
Ride on Megan EZ Coilover

DIN300, I'm picking up these coilover soon hows the ride on these coilovers as far as today? I know that you installed them on Dec.2010 how are they so far?

- Fortune cookie from "Panda Express"
AAHawaii07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-10-2011, 06:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Deity

Jerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community member
nice drop man, hope you like them!
Jerm__ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-10-2011, 10:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Frequenter

NeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community memberNeedIS is an elite community member
Thanks for the review
NeedIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-10-2011, 11:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Follower

Hai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community memberHai_IS300 is an elite community member
look good wat the max drop?
Hai_IS300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-11-2011, 04:03 PM   #11 (permalink)
Frequenter

Rabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community memberRabbit-is300 is an elite community member
I was actually on Ebay looking at these. I just came to this section to do a search for these coilovers. Thats when I saw your review. You pretty much sold me on them, lol. I have a stiff ride right now on springs so that wont bother me. I'm doing the drop just for looks so this sounds like it'll be perfect. Thanks for the write up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hai_IS300 View Post
look good wat the max drop?
I'm also curious on this. Whats the max drop for them? I am working on stance and need to go looowww, lol.
Rabbit-is300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-13-2011, 09:52 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lurker

NISMOSTATE is an unknown at this point
thinking about this setup myself. nice review
Old 02-01-2011, 02:35 AM   #13 (permalink)
Lurker

ErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community memberErMaK is an elite community member
These look really nice. The price is definatly right and they have some nice features.

A'PEXi | Nokya | TRD | AEM | Exedy
ErMaK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-01-2011, 08:25 AM   #14 (permalink)
Supporting Vendor

THMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community memberTHMotorsports is an elite community member
How is the valving compared to your previous shocks/springs?
CLICK HERE FOR MY FACEBOOK
CLICK HERE FOR THMotorsports.com
THMotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-10-2011, 02:57 AM   #15 (permalink)

kiid is an unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIN300 View Post
Here is the pics with the Megan EZ Street

how much lower can you go? hopefully another inch or more looking to buy these
kiid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Stop, Drop and Roll

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)