1Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Last edited by kponti; 03-10-2013 at 07:58 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
truth versions only

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

This thread is about the design for the header, not how to fix problems. Please start another thread if needed, however, the issue with the O2 bung facing the firewall is a well documented fact with the Megan/HP/OBX long runner/Alphawerk headers, nothing new and nothing $20-$35 cannot fix in under 5mins

Last edited by kponti; 03-10-2013 at 07:56 PM.
post #63 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 07:40 PM
Frequenter

Any info on the team lexus headers?

post #64 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

batlground.com. leave them an email if you don't see it listed, they will get back to you.

1st Gen Elitist
01 Satin White IS300 Sedan w/ Sportcross conversion.
Broken, Beaten, Ugly, Riced out, and loved. Some people will never understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Tom- View Post
Hes poor and from AL or MS or some other tragic Katrina victim state. what do you expect.
RIVALHOUSEGARAGEDOTCOM
post #65 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 11:11 AM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)

Nice write up Kponti.

I will be running my SRT intake, HP headers/ypipe with stock bpipe and an Ltuned axleback exhaust. I will be getting cams, eventually.

BTW, I dyno'd my SRT intake with just an Ltuned exhaust. And I pulled a 200whp with new plugs/wires/oil/tranny/diff. change

I vote for this to be stickied, immediately

Phil
2001 IS300
Engine 2jz-ge w/SRT intake; HP header; Toyomoto ypipe
ICE/Interior Kenwood Excelon w/Nav; Fsport shift knob
Exterior JDM headlights; foglights; taillights; SportDesign grille; RX shorty antenna
Suspension Tanabe coilovers; SuperPro bushings; FIGs toe links
Wheels Volk Racing wheels; Staggered 17x8/9; Conti DWS
post #66 of 78 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
truth versions only

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3_FTW View Post
Nice write up Kponti.

I will be running my SRT intake, HP headers/ypipe with stock bpipe and an Ltuned axleback exhaust. I will be getting cams, eventually.

BTW, I dyno'd my SRT intake with just an Ltuned exhaust. And I pulled a 200whp with new plugs/wires/oil/tranny/diff. change

I vote for this to be stickied, immediately
I think it will be a good combo!

In the meantime, I will lock this thread and sticky it till the end of the summer after I do some dynos to test out what I said earlier. That way this does not get muddied with too many offbeat posts that will take away from the goal.
post #67 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:41 PM
Frequenter

Suprastore.com headers?

2001 SY E-Shift
-HKS Hi Power
-Megan EZ Street Coilovers
-Joe-Z intake w/ custom Fujita Cone filter Set up
-Fig's LCA and Toe Rods

Last edited by kponti; 03-10-2013 at 07:57 PM.
post #68 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:43 PM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage

~Official~ IS300 Header Thread

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
post #69 of 78 (permalink) Old 10-19-2011, 04:46 PM
Boosted Troll

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
~Official~ IS300 Header Thread

read from that post on.

turns out to be an OBX that they sent him

02 MSM W55 LSD FULLY BUILT NA-T
Carrillo Pro/Manley H Beam/ARP/ACL/PT6262-CEA/TT Gasket/BC 264's/BC Springs & Valves/Ferrea Seals/ETS IC/Tial WG and BOV/ PC'd all black/V-band 3" with Carbon Ti / :)

04 CRP EJ25 FXT not faster than ^^^^... yet

Supporting Vendors that support the community is just common sense

post #70 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 08:40 PM

I'm bringing it back.
After hearing all the horror stories about the Obx and meagan setups not fitting, or o2 sensor 'clearancing ' issues, I decided this is not what I wanted. And since I'm new and can't get into the classifieds to find a mizzu or any of the decent fitting headers, I decided I would just make my own.

So I read through this thread, and found all the plus and negatives of the headers available for our cars.
The Meagan, seem to make the most power, terrible colectors and unequal legnth.
The mizzu's made good low to mid range, but fell off up top. But had a decent collector and were nearly equal legnth with nice long primaries.

Then I found a formula alot of v8 guys use.
One that takes into account :
Bore
Stroke
Valve diameter
Cam duration
Cam centerline
Opening degree
VE
Rpm
And of course, # of cylinders

Plug in all your 2jz info, assuming 90 % VE (which doesn't seem to affect much)
It's calling for a 31 inch primary legnth (mizzu), at 1.5 inches diameter (Meagan), and a 2.6ish inch collector (Meagan).

I'm planning on building mine with 15 or so inches of 1.5, stepped up to 1.625 for another 15 or so, equal legnth, with a pair of true 3 to 1 collectors, with roughly 15 inches of 2.5 secondaries to a single 3 outlet. This will be a 2-3 month project because it's my daily, and I'm in the army, but these are my goals. Will adjust fire based on inputs here, and fitment constraints.
post #71 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-10-2013, 09:42 PM
Deity

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Err ... I think you missed this. This looks pretty good, and I think dyno will be posted shortly.

http://my.is/forums/f184/is300-dezod...ml#post6752034
JamesM likes this.

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
post #72 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 04:20 PM

Well I'm still waiting to see the graphs on these, but if you look the primary legnth is still way to short on at least their catted version for our rpm ranges. I like them, they look great, but I'm looking for perfection, all the right measurements, not a compromise.
post #73 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-16-2013, 06:11 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 16 Post(s)

I was considering the same thing, diy a header, but then there's the cost of materials, time, effort.. then i found some megans for $80 lol. relocate bungs no problem.

what's the point in a perfect NA header on a platform that doesn't perform unless boosted. megans aren't that bad, optimizing design , you'll gain what like maybe 5hp if that.

better yet, diy a turbo manifold

02 1C0 5spd
post #74 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 AM

I don't know, to say I did it. I just want to see how much I can wake up the car with some na stuff. I kinda want to get a head worked a little bit and go ahead and get the cams in and shimmed so I can just swap the whole thing one weekend. The headers and an intake would be the only things I couldn't use if I did end up going boost. The cams and any timing setup I decide on would both cross over if I do go boost, but I really don't think I can swing the money for a perfect setup right now.

I've seen 220 through a slushbox on here, with intake header exhaust cams and a gear untuned, there's at least another 10 or so in the tune. Theres not alot more that would be required to hit that 239 that seems to be the highest slushbox whp so far. I think something trick with the itake manifold, a slightly worked head, and a better designed header should get me at least the 10-15 I need to get over that number.
post #75 of 78 (permalink) Old 03-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Under House Arrest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefftopgun View Post
I don't know, to say I did it. I just want to see how much I can wake up the car with some na stuff. I kinda want to get a head worked a little bit and go ahead and get the cams in and shimmed so I can just swap the whole thing one weekend. The headers and an intake would be the only things I couldn't use if I did end up going boost. The cams and any timing setup I decide on would both cross over if I do go boost, but I really don't think I can swing the money for a perfect setup right now.

I've seen 220 through a slushbox on here, with intake header exhaust cams and a gear untuned, there's at least another 10 or so in the tune. Theres not alot more that would be required to hit that 239 that seems to be the highest slushbox whp so far. I think something trick with the itake manifold, a slightly worked head, and a better designed header should get me at least the 10-15 I need to get over that number.
Take advantage of the slush box and start working on getting a shift kit, higher stall and gears in that rear differential. That will help deliver that 200 whp better to the ground with better 0-60 times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page