Lexus IS Forum banner

Pics of LMS Intake

3K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  stevo808 
#1 ·
yea i know what youll all say "just try the search noob" but i did, about 3-dozen times and everytime i either got "server too busy" or a blank page, so im askin yall, nicely lol, can anyone post pics of the LMS CAI?

thanks alot guys

#5 ·
fstrnldr said:
did anyone ever test this to see how true of a cold air it was? .... i know i asked for numbers on it when it came out, but never heard anything. I wouldn't want to drill a hole through my car to end up at about the same effect as i have w/ the stock air box.

No, but if anyone near atlanta wants to check it out I can do the same with it as I did for the X50 intakes. ;)

#9 ·
yea that did help, thanks alot Slayer, i appreciate the pic finding. lol my search never would work if thats all you had to do lol

#10 ·
I see that this is an old thread but I was considering buying this intake and still have some questions after extensive searching. Thanks in advance if anyone can answer my questions.

Do I need to cut the inner plastic fender well piece to make this fit? I read that the filter cone will rub or rest against it.

If I do get it, which filter is best in terms of size and fitment as well as flow and reliability? Someone mentioned an AEM oil-less filter out which will save the maf some cleaning. Good idea but hows the space situation behind the fog hole?

Will the intake tube sag and put pressure on the manifold over time? I heard that there is no mounting brackets... Judging from the pics, it seems like it would be ok just as long as it fits snugly into the hole where it goes down behind the bumper... I guess some sort of bracket mid-pipe wouldn't be too hard.

Lastly, and possibly the MOST important.... does it sound like a riced out 4banger????

#11 ·
i have it, and i've had it for 3 years now,
you have to cut the actual sheet metal, to make it fit behind the bumper....i did not cut the fender well, and it rests on it. i wouldn't cut it, cuz if you run over a puddle or it rains, you'll get water in it. like i said i've had it for 3 years and i haven't heard or seen any rubbing. i also have the filter it came with, i clean it every so often

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.