LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 30 (permalink) Old 10-03-2008, 07:59 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Hopupracing.com

Megan Y pipe

Ordered Monday 9/29, received a confirmation email almost instantly, next morning received an update with the tracking number. Target delivery date was Saturday 10/4. It was actually delivered a day early, nicely packaged including the gasket, bolts and even 2 stickers which I will wear on my forehead. Keep in mind I'm on the east coast and they are in CA.

Satisfied? Very.

- Greg '03 BO SD 5-spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricK
BMWs are built for f0**ers who appreciate an engaging driving experience. Lexus cars are designed for anal retentive people who feel the feedback from the road is a nuisance instead of a bonus.
I'm a f#$%&r then

Last edited by MrGregski; 10-03-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 30 (permalink) Old 11-10-2008, 04:25 PM
Follower

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Where: Hop Up Racing
Website: Hop Up Racing - Intake Exhaust Springs Coilovers Wheels Parts - Lexus Performance Parts
When: 2 years ago
Your experiences: Good communication. Only called once, and that was when I ordered the product. I think it took 4 days for it to arrive at my doorstep (Cali to FL).
Purchased: H&R Springs

Nick|Anthony nawmsayin
'04 MSM | RIP
'07 Audi B7 | sold
'03 TCM |
post #18 of 30 (permalink) Old 01-26-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

Tirerack.com

Product: errrr...tires

3rd time purchasing from them and every time it only takes a few days.

- Greg '03 BO SD 5-spd.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricK
BMWs are built for f0**ers who appreciate an engaging driving experience. Lexus cars are designed for anal retentive people who feel the feedback from the road is a nuisance instead of a bonus.
I'm a f#$%&r then

post #19 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-05-2009, 12:33 PM
Frequenter

Website: www.autolumination.com Tail Light Brake Light Turn Signal LED Bulbs
When: summer 2008
Your experiences: overall purchase was good.
Purchased: climate control led bulbs.

Too bad I'm on the second round of replacing them. They burn out faster than incandescents. Anybody else experiencing issues?
post #20 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 10:09 PM

website: Pro Street Online - #1 OEM and Aftermarket Parts Superstore!
when: june 08
expierience: HORRIBLE!!!
I will never recomend anyone to buy from prostreet. in june 08 i ordered megan racing headers and a Greddy cat back. i was told both items will be shipped out next day. i paid for the parts. next day got no tracking number. a week went by still nothing. i call in. the 1800 number dosnt work in canada so i have 2 call long distance. i call. im on hold for 45 mins. finally someone picks up and tells me that the headers are in but the exhaust is in another warehouse and will have 2 be transfered before shiped. i said ok. another week goes by and still no calls or emails. i call back. same situation, i was onl hold for 20 mins. i get through they tell me that their still waiting for the exhaust. 2 more weeks go by. now its been a month, no phone call. no email. i call in long distance again. they said the exhaust is in and their gonna ship out everything tomorrow and i will be called and emailed a tracking number. another week goes by no call or email. i call in to cancel order. they said UPS was closed so they soulcnt ship. also since it was transfered from the other wearhouse that i had to pay a restocking fee. i decided not to and just wait to have it shiped. a month goes by and i finally recieve my package. keep in mind i still have no tracking number. i get the package and theres only an exhaust and no headers. i call in. they told me that the headers were sold as i was waiting for the exhaust to get transfered. they said they would wave the restock charge and refund me for the headers. i waited 2 months. no refund. i call in. no answer. finally get through and get put on hold than hung up on. i gave up for a few months. i finally call back and tell them 2 send me my parts or my money or i will contact my lawyer. they said ok no problem. u have to pay an extra 49 dollars because the price went up on the headers. i told them that wasnt gonna happen that they send the headers right away and not charge me extra. they finally agreed. waited a week. no tracking number. call in and ask and they give me the tracking number from last june. i call back and they say they dont have the new one yet but its been shipped. i was told id get a call back but did not again. few days pass and i get a notice from fedex that my package has arived. i had to pay brokerage fees again. so it took me 10 months, 200 dollars in long distance charges and 100 in brokerage fees just to get my headers. they would not refund my and money. pay for my long distance charges or discount my parts. i will never. ever ever again buy from pro street online or send anyone to their site.
post #21 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 12:45 PM
Frequenter

when: May 09
experience: Great

I ordered a Megan header from hopupracing.com. I received a call from them the very next day saying that the header would be on back order for 3-4 weeks. Me, being the impatient one, went ahead and cancelled that order. Although I didn't actually buy the header, I just wanted to comment on the quality of customer service that this company has. I don't know of many places that would give you a courtesy call saying that they didn't have your item in stock. When I received that call from them, I was deeply saddened, but at the same time greatful. Other companies would have made you wait...wondering where your item is...having you call them a month later to find out that it's been on back order. Just with that simple gesture from hopup, They will always be the first place I go to for parts...Also, they were still willing to send that header to Guam with FREE SHIPPING!!

"ALYSSA"

2002 BO IS300 | 5MT | LSD | TE Reps | Fidanza Cam Gear | K&N | JoeZ | HKS | Megan | JIC | FIGS | Tein
And the pursuit of BOOST!
post #22 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-28-2009, 12:20 PM
Class III Aficionado

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

JDMUltimate - JDMUltimate.com - Homepage

ordered a mishimoto fmic. ordered it from them as they were almost half the price as other companies

overall experiance SUCKED as it took exactly 1 full month to recieve after being told it would be a week. could not get a hold of anyone there after numerous attempts every day.

Vice President and CTO of The A.S.S

Im sorry, but having a DB9 on the drive and not driving it is a bit like having Keira Knightley in your bed and sleeping on the couch. - Jezza
post #23 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-22-2011, 11:22 AM
Frequenter

Site: Element Custom Wheels Tires, Wheel Tire Packages,Cheap Rims,Car Wheels
When: April 2011
Experience: Horrible

I ordered a staggered set of petrol throttle wheels and tires. The owner of element told me they were in stock, and would ship early the next week (ordered on a friday). It went a week, and I sent a polite email asking if they had already shipped. He said no, and it will ship early next week. I thought that was wierd, but said ok since I really wasn't in a hurry. A week went by, and I emailed again, asking what happened. I was told they were being shipped from the factory, and would go out early next week. I was pissed at that point since I was told 3 weeks ago they were in stock. Another week goes by, and nothing. I call the owner, and as I proceed to rip him a new one and try to get a refund, he commented "Oh, those went out yesterday. I'll have a tracking number for you in an hour".

They got to my house 4 days after that. The UPS man dropped them off, and it was painfully obvious they were put together by discount tire direct. I could've just ordered from them and had the wheels in less than a week. **** element!!!!!!!!

I <3 my fender roller

Slow as f**k.
post #24 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 10:37 PM
Lurker

Site: Next Level Motoring - Custom Car Parts & Accessories!
When: June 2012
Experience: Mixed
Purchased: XXR 521 18x8.5 (x2) and XXR 521 18x10 (x2) and Nexen N300 Tires and Hub Centric Rings

Cons:
- The rims I ordered are currently on back order and won't be available until late July at the earliest. Can't really complain as they can't ship what they don't have.
* Will re-edit when the wheels come in...

Pros:
- Hub-centrics rings were placed on another order and came within 1 week, which is very impressive. [I live "internationally"]
- Customer service was great in clarifying as to when the wheels will be coming in. Response was immediate and straight to the point.

I will definitely buy from NL Motoring again, however I was a bit disappointed that my rims will take nearly a month and a half to get to me.

02 MSM SportX | Form/Fitment Ver 1.0 Coil Overs | HID Fogs
post #25 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 10:14 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

where autoplicity.com
was sent wrong tire size
took a week to get a return # and label whitch they only sent 1 lable so i had to pay shipping on 1 tire. then they wanted to give me a refund - my original shipping charges.
i told them i want full refund for there mistake then they stopped respondin to my emails.
had to file paypal clain to get refund.

cannot recommend
post #26 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-14-2013, 01:40 PM
Lurker

tirerack/onlinetires/figs/thmotorsports

all shipped fast, great prices, no issues. i would recommend them.

purchased tires, suspension components, valve stems.
post #27 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-27-2015, 11:55 AM

Check these out!

Hi! How are you doing?

Last edited by zenettiadfirm; 05-04-2015 at 01:26 PM.
post #28 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 01:30 PM

If you want to shop for custom rims without hassle, you should check out zenetti wheels. They have the best product and the best service :D
post #29 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 04:08 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Website: JDMDistro - Buy JDM Parts Online Worldwide Shipping | Japanese performance car parts direct from Japan
When: February 2nd, 2015
Purchased: Work Equip 05 18x8, 18x9 +35
Experience: Disappointed and would not use again.

Prepare for lengthy details of account******

On January 18th of 2015 I inquired about a set of Work Equip 05 from their website. Dave contacted me back stating that they were en-route from their Tokyo location to their new European hub in Dublin, Ireland. I first asked for more pictures as they only had one on their website and he said, "We will have those available mid-February if you would like more pics. Would you like to reserve them?" and "I'll set a reminder to contact you once they arrive from Japan." His words.

At first I hesitated, not wanting to put €200 deposit down on wheels I can't see, but ended up putting money down on February 2nd so nobody else would swoop in on the bargain, €1100 for the set. Beginning of March, no word, so I send an email on March 1st, one month later. Again, no reply, so I sent another email on March 7th, stating that I previously emailed them on March 1st and would like an update. I get an email back from Dave on March 9th saying, "I will check this out for you right away. We have been super busy unloading two 20ft container shipments from Japan for the last 2 weeks so only catching up on emails now." Understandable, opening any sort of new location/business is daunting, but keeping communication with customers is paramount, especially those who have already vested money in a certain product.

March 11th I get a quick response from Dave again, "The 20ft container with the Equips is arrived at the port and currently clearing customs. Will be a few days to clear and for us to unload all items for pics and forward shipping. We will have some pics for you asap and then we can arrange final shipping to you " Word. So excited and I wait. I wait until April 7th, almost another month for said wheels to clear customs and no further information or pictures though he said it would be a couple of days, so I send another email on the April 7th asking for another update. Not 20 minutes later I get what I deem to be a snarky response, "We generally don't send an update until we have new information to send They are ready for forward shipping which will be about 7 - 10 business days getting to you." I'm glad you're ready to ship the wheels and I still haven't seen a second photo of these wheels that I was promised in mid February. 10 minutes later I receive another email with 6 photos and asking if I would like to pay by bank transfer or Paypal. The same day I inform I would pay through Paypal. No response again. I send another series of email on the 9th, 13th, and 20th of April to confirm payment through Paypal with final balance with no response.

On April 23rd I sent a concerned message to their Facebook page which seemed to be actively updated. I was told they were "sorry" and that they would tell Dave immediately. At this time I was tired of seeing the name Dave, or not seeing it enough in my inbox and was worried that I was just brushed off like some bothersome kid always asking questions. On April 24th I got an email back from Dave stating, "Apologies about the slow response, we have been working 7 days a week preparing for the IDC drift championship here in Ireland for the last few weeks." I've been waiting over two weeks to finalize the payment and be over with this nonsense. I like to think I'm a patient guy and that we've been corresponding for over 3 1/2 months now and I hadn't lost my cool until recently. The wheels were shipped out on April 28th and that should have been the end of it.

May 2nd the wheels arrive, most of them. I received two 18x8 +35 and one 18x9 +35. I wasn't home to receive them so a family member did and didn't question the fact that there were only three wheels, which is fine, they didn't know. It's the 4th and I've sent an email to An Post, the company they used to ship the wheels, sales@jdmdistro.com, the email I used to correspond with Dave, and their Facebook page because I got a fairly quick response last time. I'll keep this updated as to what's happening with the forgotten wheel and thanks for reading this novel of a post. Peace.

Black Onyx 2004 IS300 5spd | 2" drop Stance SS | JDM Altezza Visors |
post #30 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 06:58 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 12 Post(s)

Garage
Where: WheelFLip
What: 3PC lips/ Barrels
When: April 2015
Review: Crap! The guys seem extremely cool and knowledgeable, when it came time to order, then the money sat in my account for just over a month. They had to custom bore my barrels due to my Enkie ABC faces being over sized. When they finally got the product to me 3 months later. The bore came back a little excessive and cut into the 40 M8 holes to hold the face in, when i ordered M6 holes. In short their communication was not there, and the product took 3 months to receive.

03 IS Manual- Daily
91 1JZ S13- Drift
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page