1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-26-2008, 04:35 PM Thread Starter
Extremist

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Official online shopping experiences thread

There are many websites across the net that sell parts for our vehicles, and I'm sure there have been good and bad experiences with many of them. For the benefit of others on the site (everyone would like their online purchases to go smoothly), please explain good and bad experiences with your online shopping for your IS. Both the good and the bad are appreciated but don't let it devolve into needless bashing.

If you can, keep it to some form like this

When: about when you made your purchase, just for sake of if it was recently or its been a while
Your experiences: what was good, what was bad, was the item shipped fast, good communication, etc.
Purchased: what was it that you purchased?

Don't feel that it is necessary to limit this to go fast stuff items, include anything for your IS300, brakes, suspension, go fast parts, even inside and out stuff.

Have a question? Try the my.is FAQ or, if you can't find an answer there, search before posting your question (hopefully in the correct forum).

2002 IS300 5mt. MSM stock for now
Cobra Project:
FFR MKIII '65 Cobra Replicar - 427 cid V-8 (thats 7.0 liters) engine 525hp/520lb-ft torque at the flywheel (and this is in a 2200 pound car) Painted Lexus Spectra Blue Mica with GM Arctic White stripes -- now street legal

Last edited by longnights; 02-27-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Addict

Website: Hop Up Racing - 350z, wrx, sti, 240sx, evo, scion tc, s2000, cold air intakes, springs, coilovers, exhausts, headers, boost controllers
When: 2 years ago
Your experiences: great customer service, recieved item in a timely manner(5 days UPS ground, west to east coast) Product was well package.
Purchased: Wald Front Lip

When: 2 months ago
Your experiences: Great customer Service, fast shipping
tbkallday likes this.

02 CW
[NLC MA#009][find me @ISFanatics]
post #3 of 30 (permalink) Old 02-27-2008, 01:48 PM
Frequenter

Garage
Website: Lexus Parts from Lextasy.com #1 in Customer Service and Quality - Lexus Auto Parts
When: Dec 07
Your experiences: Shipping was slow and pricey. Strut bar did not fit: had to unbolt the relay box in order to bolt the bar down even though the part where it gets bolted on was cut in an angle to fit alongside it (could not refasten 2 of the bolts on the replay box once the bar was in place). There were also 2 other electronic items (don't ask me what they were, I hate electronics!) that had to be repositioned to make room for this strut bar. Once bolted down, it *did* clear the engine cover, but pushed down on my intake... I have been tried to contact them via email/their website for @ a month now regarding returning/exchanging the bar but they have not gotten back to me.
Purchased: Cross-drilled slotted rotors, front tower strut bar, shift knob

Website: NGK IRIDIUM IX | NGK Iridium Spark Plugs | NGK Spark Plugs | NGK Spark Plug Wires | NGK NTK Oxygen Sensors
When: Feb 08
Your experiences: Best prices I could find, with reasonable shipping fees and quick shipping
Purchased: NGK Iridium IX plugs and wires

Website: Performance Car Parts, Custom Auto Accessories, Exhaust Systems, Cold Air Intakes & Clutch Kits
When: Jun 08
Your experiences: The absolute LOWEST price I found anywhere for my HKS exhaust ($300) with FREE shipping! The exhaust arrived in an unprecedented two days (with free shipping!!!!) Amazing!!
Purchased: HKS Dragger Exhaust

Website: eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices (carbeyondstore)
When: Mar 08
Your experiences: Prices were very reasonable, shipping prices were good and item was shipped upon receipt of payment.
Purchased: Front and rear clear side markers

勝美 "Katsumi" | 2002 Black Onyx IS300
Injen Intake | HKS Dragger II Exhaust | Cross-Drilled Slotted Rotors | 19" TSW Jaramas | AAC Halos | Alpine In-Dash Touch Screen | 15" RF Subs | JL Audio Amp | 15% tint
A day may come when men do not assume that this is my husband's car, but it is not this day.

Last edited by lexus4nxtc; 06-18-2008 at 02:28 PM.

post #4 of 30 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:39 AM
Exclusive Agent

Who: It's a place called "Just IS300 Parts" Its an eBay vendor. But does very good business. The screen name is "gotocarmarket" He has 99.9% Positive feedback.

Website:eBay Store - is300 parts: is 300 parts, just is300, just is 300

When: 4/8/2008.

Experience: Very easy to deal with. Excellent source for any IS300 parts. I ordered a center console with shift boot. He had it listed for $100 O.B.O. I offered $80. He accepted right away. I paid right away and he shipped and arrived in 2 days. Would definitly reccomend and will visit his site in the future for any needed IS300 related parts.

...........:::::::: Jay Marino ::::::::...............
................ 2013 Lexus CT200h ..................
.......... 2003 GGP SportDesign (sold)...........
.......... 2002 DWP IS300 Turbo (sold)..........
post #5 of 30 (permalink) Old 05-21-2008, 04:08 PM
Frequenter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Good thread for people looking for quality service and parts... +rep!!

When: May 16, 2008

Experience: Ordered HKS Dragger II on the 16th of May and I received it on the 20th. Speedy shipping! One of the cheapest websites for the HKS Dragger II ($335 shipped). Tons of items that have free shipping.

"ALYSSA"

2002 BO IS300 | 5MT | LSD | TE Reps | Fidanza Cam Gear | K&N | JoeZ | HKS | Megan | JIC | FIGS | Tein
And the pursuit of BOOST!
post #6 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Follower

The place - Hop Up Racing - 350z, wrx, sti, 240sx, evo, scion tc, s2000, cold air intakes, springs, coilovers, exhausts, headers

When - Twice this year

Items - Rotora slotted F/R, Blitz panel filter, Axxis pads F/R, JIC F. Strut Bar, Tanabe R. Strut Bar, Tanabe F/R underbraces

Quality - Amazing, I tried to order Project Mu brake rotors and EBC redstuff pads but they were out both; so they pointed me towards the Rotora rotors and pads at a discounted price. Sucked they didn't have the items but they made up for it. The filter came super fast and everything else came in about 5 days. I live in ohio so that was a great thing. I really like these guys.

--------------------

Place - OptionImports.com - exhaust system | aem intake | tein springs | tein coilover | injen intake | greddy turbo | spec clutch | hid kit | turbo timer

When - Two years ago

Items - Apexi exhaust

quality - It was horrible. I tried twice to order an apexi n1 exhaust. The first time they didn't have it, they then tried to sell me the HKS hiper stating that it was a full cat-back. I asked twice if it was and both times they told me it was a full cat-back. They told me it would be shipped out at the end of the week and when that time came, it was another week. I Cancelled.

The next time was a few months later and i tried again. This time they never told me it was out of stock and i waited a about 10 days, nothing showed up...so then i called and was told it was on backorder for a month. I cancelled again.

-----------------

Place - NOPI ONLINE

When - 6 months ago

Items - HP racing header+y-pipe

Quality - I talked to them on the phone, the guy was great and it was shipped out the same day(i called around 5:30pm). Took about 3 days to get here. Great place too, they actually stock stuff.

"Just remember dude...when your driving...1 gear, 2 gear, red gear, blue gear"
post #7 of 30 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Addict

Titan Motorsports:

Bought ARP head studs, and a clevite engine bearing package from them about a week and a half ago. They sent me everything but the main bearings.

So far they have not replied to any of my emails.

In 5 years I will have the worlds fastest IS300... because everyone else will have parted out and bought an M3.
post #8 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 PM
Frequenter

Another SUPERB order from Hopupracing.com

Ordered my Megan race pipe on the 23rd of June and received it on the 26th...$135 with free shipping.

I might become a frequent flyer with this company!! HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!

"ALYSSA"

2002 BO IS300 | 5MT | LSD | TE Reps | Fidanza Cam Gear | K&N | JoeZ | HKS | Megan | JIC | FIGS | Tein
post #9 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 01:30 PM
Immortal

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

NOPI MOTORSPORTS

NOPI

Got Hotchkis Springs

It was a while ago

Don't remember the details but they arrived and the order was correct.

----------------------------------------------------------------

STILLEN : Precision Performance Components for Your Car or Truck

Stillen

Got an HKS Dragger II Exhaust

Fairly Recently

Package was in good shape and arrived promptly considering they're based in Cali and I'm on the east coast.

IS300 Alumni
post #10 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:26 PM
Frequenter

SportCompactOnly.com

I just wanted to warn anyone looking at making future purchases from sportcompactonly.com or Motorweb.

I ordered 4 Rotora rotors from them in May, was never told they were on back order until I called 1 month later. During that call I was told it'd be another 4 weeks, so I cancelled my order. They told me I would receive credit to my bank card in 10 business days.

As of today I still haven't gotten my money back, when I call I'm on hold for 30 mins then sent to a voicemail. I have never received a call back from them. Of course I need to dispute this now through my bank, but imagine if I purchased on a Credit Card accumulating interest.

I guess you can't even trust ads in Superstreet haha.
post #11 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:46 PM
eh, I'll pass

Thanks for the tip!

2008 IS-F: Obsidian/Alpine
2004 IS300 SportDesign: bye-bye
post #12 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Immortal

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Good info.

IS300 Alumni

Last edited by Squareback; 07-22-2008 at 12:10 AM.
post #13 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 02:18 PM
Lurker

Where: Ultrarev.com

What: Clutchmasters Stage 1 Clutch & Fidanza FW

Review: They were great to deal with. I e-mailed them to get tracking numbers on my items and they got them to me with no hassle. I placed my order on 07/15/08. I got my clutch on 07/18/08. Looks like it came from Clutchmasters warehouse instead of ultrarev. My flywheel came on 07/23/08 and ultrarev shipped this one to me. Shipping time was great. I had no problems with it. They also had the lowest prices after searching around and if you enter in "sale" as the promo code you get an extra 5% off. I'll definately buy from them again if I need anything.

03' MSM IS300 5spd LSD
Joe-Z Intake | Fidanza LW Flywheel | Clutchmasters Stage 1 | HP Racing Headers & Y | OBX B-pipe w/Megan OE-RS Axle Back
post #14 of 30 (permalink) Old 07-25-2008, 08:59 AM
Frequenter

Where: Kinway Motorsports

What: TRD Shift Knob

Quality: HORRIBLE!!

Ordered a TRD shift knob from these guys mid-May and still haven't received it. Sent numerous emails to the company with no replies back. I would suggest not buying from these guys. Has anyone ordered or recieved anything from these guys recently? I heard they used to be a reputable company but not anything recent.

"ALYSSA"

post #15 of 30 (permalink) Old 08-29-2008, 08:36 PM
Lurker

Where- Carson Toyota
What- JDM double din face
Quality- great- good price, quick shipping, no complaints.

also- Autolumination for my interior LED's... 3 days from door to door, and less than 25.00 for everything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page