2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-09-2012, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
Garrett you are not eligible for the marketplace on this site yet!

I'd say read as much as you can , save your money your 16 , start with suspension ( coils , sways ) get some rims . Maybe make sure all the mainance is done on car!!! Then add intake and axle back exhaust , then keep reading .... Save more money....

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 02:09 PM
Guru

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragonmotorsports View Post
Is the srt intake carb legal?
No...

My thread of picture whor@ge: 2003 BO 5MT B01B

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
post #108 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Altruist

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

K&N is carb legal.

Last edited by JohnnyChimpo; 02-16-2012 at 02:44 PM. Reason: My bad

post #109 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 02:43 PM
Guru

Garage
Injen and AEM also had CARB legal intakes for the IS300, but I'm not sure if they are still in production.

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
post #110 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 03:48 PM
Lurker

so im leaning towards getting an srt intake for my is300 and i see everyone complaing about the price and wait time now i found another place that sells them and theyre $499.00 seems like a good price, wondering if anyones ever delt with them ill post the site on the bottom

High Flow Intake for the Lexus IS300

thanx guys
post #111 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 03:56 PM
Guru

Garage
Now that you have positive rep, keep an eye on the Marketplace. SRT intakes come up for around $300. I would not buy one new.

post #112 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 05:44 PM
Lurker

lol i still dont have a positive rep but i did call titan motorsports up and found out the place the order from directly from SRT so it turns out to be the same issue about to 3 weeks to make one and then wait for them ship it, lol i even tried to see if theyd give me whole pricing since i work for a toyota dealer ship but they came right back at me with sure if you fill out a resale application. dang no love lol
post #113 of 238 (permalink) Old 02-16-2012, 05:57 PM
Immortal

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 4 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by res036 View Post
lol i still dont have a positive rep
Yes you do. You were repped twice today, notice the red squares are now gone and are green. Check the "USER CP" at the top of the page to see your reputation points and who was kindly enough to rep ya.

'02 IS300 MSM LSD
post #114 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 11:12 AM
Frequenter

Intake Help

After looking around the forums, I'm thinking of getting either a K&N FIPK, Injen or a JoeZ. Current leaning towards the Injen + heatshield since its about the same price as a JoeZ + drop in filter. What do you guys think? Also, will it fit under my cusco strut tower bar? Thanks.
post #115 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 11:58 AM Thread Starter
Guru

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
You'll be fine with either set up...

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
post #116 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 01:17 AM
Lurker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by res036 View Post
so im leaning towards getting an srt intake for my is300 and i see everyone complaing about the price and wait time now i found another place that sells them and theyre $499.00 seems like a good price, wondering if anyones ever delt with them ill post the site on the bottom

High Flow Intake for the Lexus IS300

thanx guys
Hey res, I got the SRT intake about a month ago and finally got around to installing it on Friday. I did all the work myself (even being a total noob) and it was very easy and straight forward... ish...
Anyways I have nothing negative to say about the SRT intake! You can defiantly feel a significant power and torque gain during higher pulls. Also the noise is really loud; a deep throaty roar. Some people complain about losing low-end torque, and there may be something about that, but I have not found that to be the case. If you are a neurotic basket-case then you might be able to notice (like me,) but honestly there is no change except for more gains. The car now takes off and roars. =) I am extremely happy with my purchase and now I think I am hooked on the money-pit that is modifying your car.
Anyways best of luck to you! I highly recommend this intake.
post #117 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 08:19 PM
Lurker

Garage
Hey guys, so I just installed the SRT Intake w/ ECU about 2 weeks ago. First thing I noticed was the sound. Wow; it is loud. It has a deep throaty roar to it that is very noticeable when you push on the gas (mainly after you hit about 3000rpm.) Now I have an auto, and I clocked my 0-60 time as 9.4-9.7 seconds. That is about a second slower than it used to be. So I do agree with the people who claim that you lose low-end torque after installing it. (This is because the old intake is a direct ram air intake, vs the cone intake.) However, what you get after installing this intake is a massive jump from 45/60mph- 100mph! It is extremely noticeable!
So if you want a good/ clean looking intake that performs and sounds well I recommend getting an SRT. The price tag was defiantly steep though...

So to summarize:
Pros:
-Sounds loud (Not ricerish)
-More fuel efficient
-Increased Torque at high RPMS (Faster 45/60mph-100+mph)

Cons:
-Sounds loud (I like it, but some may not)
-Loss of low-end torque (Less head snap from immediate acceleration)
-Illegal in California (Not stopping me)

I will give a more in-depth review after about a month when the ECU finally adjusts.
Hope this helps!
post #118 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 08:38 PM
Deity

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

More fuel efficient? How about some before and after numbers? Thanks.

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
post #119 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 09:43 PM
Addict

Good sound, good power around mid-top end, and since taking it off, my gas mileage does seem to be more atrocious. You will lose low end power, so the car will feel slightly slugish off the line.

But not worth the retail price, find it used somewhere, i got lucky and got it new for $300 from a local =p sold it to pursuit boost project. otherwise i would still have it.

*01 Is300//1jz-gte//*
post #120 of 238 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 11:22 PM
Lurker

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysks View Post
More fuel efficient? How about some before and after numbers? Thanks.
Before I was averaging around 17 in the city and around town and on the highway usually 20-23mpg. (You can get to that perfect constant acceleration level you can sometimes manage a steady 40..)

After, I have been getting about 25-26 mpg on the highway and about 20 on the streets. I think these numbers are wonderful considering the playfulness of my driving.

I hope these numbers appease you Johnny.

But these numbers will depend on one's driving habits. If you drive hard you will most likely not see much gain in MPG numbers.

Anyone else have any data to add support to my claims?

Last edited by Colin IS300; 03-09-2012 at 11:28 PM. Reason: Thought it was excess info
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page