Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmanx01 View Post
Yeah, I've seen the headers he has it all sounds pretty nice too
I hear Tokensolutions is making a hellastealth 3in exhaust set up ...good for cali guys also........

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 237 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 08:00 PM
Fiend

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

For those who are considering buying Megan Racing headers, DO IT. I bought the headers and the y-pipe. Unfortunately I cannot use the y-pipe because the previous owner of my car welded the flange at the end of the pipe to the start of the exhaust. Me being an idiot didn't check this before purchasing so now I have to send it back.

The install:

It took me about 3 hours just because I ran into some problems. First I had a difficult time getting the old headers to come out. I was trying to take it out with the o2 sensors still on the headers but disconnected. Dont do that. I took them off and also ended up taking off my throttle body and finally got it out.
The new megan headers slid in very easily and went on nicely. The only issue I had with them was that the o2 sensor closest to the dash of the car wasn't angled enough and was getting pinched. I fixed that with a hammer. I just created more room for it. When it got pinched it blew one of my fuses. Number 10 I believe. Luckily I had a spare one.

Review:

I LOVE the sound of them. It's difficult for me to stay in low rpms because they sound so nice up top. I definitely did notice a power increase. Not a lot, but it definitely pulls harder in high rpms. Before installing these I felt as though the power died around 4300-4500. Maybe a little later. But it felt like the car would just get louder and not keep pulling me forward. Now I feel the pull throughout the entire gear and I love it.

It is a lot louder now but I expected that. If you don't want your car to be loud don't buy these. It's not a bad loud at all. It sounds very nice imo, not ricey at all (I will try to get a video clip). It is also quite noiser inside the car and my passengers have said they feel a good bit of vibration. Everyone has said it doesn't bother them so that's a plus. My girlfriend says it's very noticable but she can put up with it

So in conclusion they are a very good purchase and worth the money in my opinion. If you are contemplating on getting yourself a set, do it.

-Derek
post #48 of 237 (permalink) Old 10-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

The suprastore header looks very similar to the Xerd header

More horsepower than the Amish Furniture Store.

post #49 of 237 (permalink) Old 11-09-2011, 09:59 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

And the MVP Motorsports header.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrcs007 View Post
The suprastore header looks very similar to the Xerd header

Team Image Dynamics/Zapco/Second Skin/Werewolf
IASCA/MECA SQ judge and competitor
post #50 of 237 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 12:06 PM

To Derek, I am a newbe here so correct me if i am wrong on any approach, im thinking about buying a megan header or the one off supra store.com, which do you think? and how did you deal or did you even get a check engine light with having installed a catless header.
post #51 of 237 (permalink) Old 12-21-2011, 06:41 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
^^^ to rid of the check engine light that you will get , you will need a 02 sim. Megan or obx short runner headers would be a good choice...

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
post #52 of 237 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 10:23 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

^will the 02 sim set the ready moniters also i pmed you last week dont know if you got it or you just didnt care for polocks lol. on subarus the sim will keep the cel off but the ecu wont ready the o2 moniter but them ecus are very picky
post #53 of 237 (permalink) Old 12-27-2011, 08:12 PM

Got a question, is there any aftermarket headers that don't throw the CEL? Reason for me asking is my o2 sensor just went bad in my stock headers. I tried replacing the o2 sensor but I can only turn it a half turn and it is so tight, I was afraid I was going to snap it off. I heated it up twice and still couldn't get it loose even with a breaker bar. So in case I do snap the o2 sensor in the stock header I want an aftermarket one that won't trip the CEL.
post #54 of 237 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 06:03 AM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by polish man View Post
^will the 02 sim set the ready moniters also i pmed you last week dont know if you got it or you just didnt care for polocks lol. on subarus the sim will keep the cel off but the ecu wont ready the o2 moniter but them ecus are very picky
I think your right Id ask shaun at TS to make sure ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baer_21 View Post
Got a question, is there any aftermarket headers that don't throw the CEL? Reason for me asking is my o2 sensor just went bad in my stock headers. I tried replacing the o2 sensor but I can only turn it a half turn and it is so tight, I was afraid I was going to snap it off. I heated it up twice and still couldn't get it loose even with a breaker bar. So in case I do snap the o2 sensor in the stock header I want an aftermarket one that won't trip the CEL.
magnaflow makes a aftermarket header , should be oem replacement no 02 sim needed ....

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
post #55 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 07:24 PM
Fiend

Why don't we have these!?

Since i recently decided to stay NA for the time being and work on my suspension, i've been doing a lot of research on the best header set ups for our IS. From what i understand, in all of the threads i read, was that we need a equal length header with a good merged collector, and to my knowledge this isn't available unless you fabricate...but now i came across a header for the 2jzge made by Katsutadai works in Australia, they look awesome and seem to meet the needs of a header that be great for the IS. Any one heard about these? And why do we not have anything available like this?

here is a pic:

2015 Subaru BRZ Limited 6spd (I miss the IS)
-Sold- Tracked/AutoX'd 2002 IBP Is300 5spd

3 Pedals FTW
post #56 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Loyalist

Quoted: 18 Post(s)

Garage
might work with some bending lol

Last edited by DsouthMia07; 01-09-2012 at 08:15 PM.
post #57 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Fiend

hahahahahahaha

2003 Satin Black WRX
post #58 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Fiend

i figured these would have some fitment issues, but i would think someone would have something similiar that would fit out is. i mean come on in Japan and now apparently aussie, they have tons of good header set ups for the 2jzge, but we only have crap. YSR in japan has several NA 2jz with nice looking headers, same with ITB's.

3 Pedals FTW
post #59 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-09-2012, 08:16 PM
Fiend

this is for a 7m motor, but couldn't something like this be good?

3 Pedals FTW

Last edited by BlueTezza39; 01-09-2012 at 08:45 PM.
post #60 of 237 (permalink) Old 01-10-2012, 06:33 PM
Lurker

I had a mazzuri header and was happy with it. Loud, but nice. If you stay NA you need to have the intake, header and exhaust. Still not a huge difference in gains. But with complete honesty, you will never be happy with a NA set up. And once you go FI, there is no comparison and you will be frustrated on why you didn't do it sooner. Just ask anyone who has a boosted IS.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page