OBX limited slip - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2012, 01:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lurker

smcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community membersmcdonn is an elite community member
OBX limited slip

OBX LSD LIMITED SLIP DIFFERENTIAL LEXUS IS300 02-05 NEW | eBay

Anyone use this limited slip?
smcdonn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #2 (permalink)
Deity

Jerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community memberJerm__ is an elite community member
^I have yet to see anyone with this LSD.

IMO i wouldn't get it. I would get an MK3 supra LSD or a used LSD from an IS300.

The LSD from the IS300 is torsen while some from the MK3 Supra are clutch types (more aggressive than torsen).
Jerm__ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 04-17-2012, 02:45 PM   #3 (permalink)
Technical Poseur

Roundtable Panelist
-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member-Tom- is an elite community member
I remember all the problems these had when I was into Neons. They can be good, after you put some work into them.

The belleville washers that act like a spring in the center are prone to cracking on these, replace them ASAP with high quality ones. From there the axle receiving gears were not machined on the back side for axle clips so IF you put the axles in with clips...the axle was stuck...only way to free it was to break something. Also the gears were prone to having lots of burs and machine flashings. They may have since rectified these issues...but I doubt it. The neon crowd just planned on putting another $50 and couple hours of work into them to make them work. After that they were bullet proof and worked well.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #4 (permalink)

PubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community memberPubliusIS is an elite community member
^^ Fantastic info on that, Im assuming into SRT-4s? Thought about getting a obx one, but definitely going oem on this.
PubliusIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)