User Tag List

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

i wish i could find a mazurri header, i just drove one with it and the pull felt alot stronger than my oem header car.
im in the air with obx vs magnaflow because they seem like the only 2 available currently
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 83 (permalink) Old 06-06-2013, 06:34 PM

If you're still in the air, I have a little feedback for you.
I ordered the lesser expensive of the two Magnaflow models available for 49-State.

By whatever strange coincidence, I've had two return the item TWICE. The part is being re-fulfilled by Amazon (once more), but if the 3rd time doesn't do it--I'm seriously considering either changing directions, or working with Magnaflow to find a suitable alternative.

The OBX header looks better since there's no pre-cats, but I dont like the idea of disturbing the normal behavior of the engine. Additionally, I'm cost-conscious, so having to setup an O2 delete or simulator seems like unnecessary cost, and risk to the vehicle's operation.

Finally, the Mangaflow (IMHO) sounds better than the OBX header --- but everyone wants to accomplish something slightly different.

Just my 2c.

EDIT: Worked through everything with Magnaflow, turns out nothing was wrong. The first shop was just pickier than the average place (or the tech didn't want to install it). Either way, I put the Magnaflow on.

I dont feel the added "pull" some have described by using it, but there's definitely better sound, which is all I could hope for right now.
I DID experience the CEL light a couple times after installing it. But, because I expected the O2 sensor codes, I simply cleared them after a hundred miles or so and they haven't come back.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by wjaspers; 08-22-2013 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Updating
post #63 of 83 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Follower

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Great feedback on the header(s). Considering these along with other options out there since the mazzurri and xerd are no more.

Last edited by IS-ZERO; 10-01-2013 at 09:28 AM.

post #64 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Lurker

I acctualy have toyomoto headers +Y pipe with a magna flow cat back and a 18 inch magna flow resignator and it sound great. I still havent found those headers though.
post #65 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:10 AM
Follower

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

Tokensolutions sales them. They are made to order.
post #66 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 08:11 AM
Lurker

Sounds amazing you're the first I've that has a stock intake...how do it feel power wise?

2007 Mazda6(sold)
2004 IS300(current)
post #67 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Garage
I picked one up from TokenSolutions.net and had a little bit of fitment issues, but I made it fit and work. I got the CA legal Magnaflow headers and I like them a lot after getting it to install properly. I replaced mine because my OEM cats died and this was a great option. I got all the powerloss back and then some. I can feel the power from 4k-6.5k with minimal added noise. I kept the stock y-pipe and went with a modified stock intake and the noise level was almost stock. My wheel spins rather easily now with the traction control off, ACT street clutch, Fidanza Flywheel, and 1-piece steel driveshaft.

Going a little off tangent here.

There are some threads about keeping the stock y-pipe vs swapping it out with a test y-pipe. There is little or no difference between the 2, except for the noise level. So to me why waste money on little or no gain.

As far as the stock intake goes, there is a thread about a modified stock intake vs a $300+ aftermarket intake. The modified stock intake consist of an additional hole in the intake box with a JoeZ pipe that offers better performance than an aftermarket intake, except for the $500+ Swift Racing intake with piggy back ecu.
post #68 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 12:24 PM
Lurker

Something to consider especially when money is a factor

2007 Mazda6(sold)
2004 IS300(current)
post #69 of 83 (permalink) Old 10-21-2013, 06:28 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
I'm very interested in these headers, and my only real question is if they're stainless can they be "header wrapped" to squeeze a few extra horses out or would that be detrimental to the cats, anybody tried it?

02 IS300 MSM 5 Spd LSD, SRT Intake, Greddy Spectrum Elite Cat Back Exhaust, Hotchkis Adjustable Front Sway bar, FortuneAuto 500 series coilovers, Carbotech pads, Pioneer Touchscreen, Kicker speakers, stock wheels for street, ESR SR08s for track
post #70 of 83 (permalink) Old 11-02-2013, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver-lexi02 View Post
I'm very interested in these headers, and my only real question is if they're stainless can they be "header wrapped" to squeeze a few extra horses out or would that be detrimental to the cats, anybody tried it?

Header wrap will shorten the life of any header... It traps moisture on the surface.. but its not like they will rust out in a year..

Cats like heat.. so wrap should not be a problem.. Actually will help them get up to temp
post #71 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 09:44 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

You mad bro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezik777 View Post
Your statement shows your age...I was just giving my opinion this is the internet ...You know nothing about me and I'm NOT your BRO ...

The whole point is remain legal. If you're paying $612 (today's price) for Magna flow headers that include cats, well then it's worth the money. Typically solid headers that include cats are around $800 for the IS300.

If you don't want cats, and don't have to worry about passing state emissions tests, then eBay headers are alright, if you want to replace them year after year. Or you could go with OBX S.S. Headers. They are okay too.

You pay for what you get. Only thing I have purchased off of eBay is Piping for my Cold Air Intake.

Last edited by Cdales; 04-13-2015 at 09:50 AM.
post #72 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 11:01 AM
Guru

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)

Garage
They are crap .. But to eaches own
post #73 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 11:29 AM
Aficionado

Quoted: 224 Post(s)

lol as if Bezik doesn't know what he's talking about...
post #74 of 83 (permalink) Old 04-17-2015, 10:41 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezik777 View Post
They are crap .. But to eaches own
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
lol as if Bezik doesn't know what he's talking about...

He has the best offered for the platform and tried them all.
post #75 of 83 (permalink) Old 12-29-2016, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
...The sound

I plan on going with magna flow headers once I save up a little more $.
I gotta say that is by far the nicest sounding is300 iv ever heard.

I'm gunna pair it with an srt catback and see how that is.. from what iv seen no one has done it.
but you car really does sound like a mini v8 XD I love it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page