Lexus IS Forum banner

*And for my 1K POST.. TihorZ Mods - [UPDATED: 05/20/06]

13K views 59 replies 29 participants last post by  RyanRedIS300 
#1 · (Edited)
It's a 2005 GGP 5speed MT IS300 with the Premium Package. I got her on November 11 2005, with about 13K already on it. So after a little over 4 months and $2250, this is how the ride is today.

Initially this was a thread for my first mod on my 500th post, I scraped that and made it a thread for whenever I mod my car. I know I'm behind alot of you .netters out there and the boosted IS's are probably gona laugh at my NA mods.

Now I know you've all seen some of these mods a thousand times before, but they're all new to me. So please, lie and say you love it if you have too. Ohh and I made a CarDomain page too, so if you get a chance check it out and drop me a line. Make sure you add me because I need some friends.. :(

First Mod - JoeZ GenII Air Intake Pipe​

Second Mod - K&N Drop in Highflow Air Filter​

Third Mod - Greddy EvoII Catback Exhaust​

Forth Mod - Altezza Style Grill​

Fifth Mod - Tinted Side Windows & Rear 20%​

Sixth Mod - Rockford Fosgate 801S AMP + 2 12" P2's​

Seventh Mod - Blacked Head/Fog Lights​

Eighth Mod - CCFL Demon Eye Kit + Illuminated Rocker Switch​

I absolutely LOVE the DDE's. It's like they're watching you..

Nineth Mod - Tein S.Techs​

Tenth Mod - JDM Shorty Antenna​

Eleventh Mod - GReddy Counter Weight Shift Knob​

I still have a few things that are waiting to be put on. I'll eventually get off my lazy ass and get it done. Take care guys and thanks for looking. Now go check out my CD page & sign my guestbook! :bigSmile:

My CarDomain Page

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
Sorry for my previous comments

Congratulations on your intake mod. That is one small step for your car, but one giant step for you to catch the mod bug~! GOod Luck

Reactions: T i h o r
#5 · (Edited)
osmosis said:
Ummm, that shit is old... lolz, just playin. yea everyone starts somewhere. But here is my advice..... NA mods on the IS is almost a waste, do what I'm doing, save up for a TE turbo
Thank you, Expert Analyst. You post, completely devoid of any supporting evidence, has clearly been helpful in helping me make up my mind.

It's like saying... Bah.. the IS is worthless... better to save up for an Ferrari. Drive a civic until you have enough for the exotic car. :rolleyes:

#7 ·
osmosis said:
Ummm, that shit is old... lolz, just playin. yea everyone starts somewhere. But here is my advice..... NA mods on the IS is almost a waste, do what I'm doing, save up for a TE turbo
What a tool. This makes me wanna sell my car and get a Geo, just like Das said. But anyway, congrats on the first mod. Once that bug bites its a bitch to get rid of. Happy tuning!

#8 ·
dasgalloway said:
Thank you, Expert Analyst. You post, completely devoid of any supporting evidence, has clearly been helpful in helping me make up my mind.

It's like saying... Bah.. the IS is worthless... better to save up for an Ferrari. Drive a civic until you have enough for the exotic car. :rolleyes:

Das, you right, I'm sorry, and I didn't mean to offend anyone. Thanks for the negative feedback, I appreciate it. =)

Reactions: HyperMKIV
#9 ·
osmosis said:
Das, you right, I'm sorry, and I didn't mean to offend anyone. Thanks for the negative feedback, I appreciate it. =)
i gotta give you some rep for this...at least you saw your error and fixed it...most guys would start fighting and calling ppl names...at least you're being a man about it. good job swallowing your pride... :)

#10 ·
osmosis said:

No hard feelings.... hope you received my comment with sarcastic humor and not ill will.

#13 ·
SLayerS said:
What filter did you get? :)
I got a K&N Drop in, but I didn't put it in yet because I'm waiting until I put on the evo2 so I can just reset the ECU once. I'm lazy and I don't like setting the clock and radio stations everytime.

Thanks for the comments guys. Everytime I get a new mod I'm just going to bump this thread so if you see this pop up check it out once ina while.

#18 ·
chrisCARL0S said:
What did the shop have to weld?
They didn't have to weld anything, but they were heating up the hangers to bend them. I didn't like how the muffler hung so low, so I asked him what he could do. He said he could either bend the hangers lower to raise the muffler a little higher, or he could heat up the inlet pipe and try to arch up the muffler a bit so the tip would be a little more flush with the bumper. The latter route didn't sound all that great to me so he just bent the hangers a little lower. It actually raised it a bit but not by much. The exhaust piping is solid straight through so theres really no room to play with it.

I'm curious what other owners of the evo2 have done to deal with the low muffler problem.

#19 ·
the low muffler probabbly isn't a problem on cars w/ a rear lip etc ... which it seems like a lot of people on the site have at least a lip kit on there cars. i would check out the exhaust picture thread for some other shots of the GReddy, w/ and w/ out lips, i'm sure they are there.

Exhaust does look good ... whats next on the mod list?

#21 ·
fstrnldr said:
the low muffler probabbly isn't a problem on cars w/ a rear lip etc ... which it seems like a lot of people on the site have at least a lip kit on there cars. i would check out the exhaust picture thread for some other shots of the GReddy, w/ and w/ out lips, i'm sure they are there.

Exhaust does look good ... whats next on the mod list?
Well as far as performance goes, it's either suspension (konis and stech) or I'm gona complete the exhaust and get a header/ypipe. Besides that I got a grille and eyelids that need to be painted and theres also a CF dashkit that I'm debating to put on. I'm holding back because I don't know if it'll leave a resedue on the dash if I chose to take it off a year from now, you have any idea? Anyone?

BTW, I'll definately check out the exhaust picture thread and add to it too :)

#26 ·
Great start! I've had my car since July, so no worries about waiting. I've heard great things about the Evo, so I'm sure you'll like it. Happy modding and don't let it take too much out of your wallet. +rep for the pics!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.