Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Garage
Thank You For the Quick Response!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerTrip View Post
The black box thing connected to the intake tube is a resonator that diminishes noise.

If you get the hps tube, its just a direct replacement of that mid tube and doesn't require you to mess around with the MAF sensor.

I just purchased the JoeZ intake last month and installed it last week. Easy install and id recomend the JoeZ over the hps. Carlson Toyota may still have some in stock. Contact Luis there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Love this Community!

I liked the silicon because after reading through some other intake forums here, I think the Pipe might get too hot and reduce performance. . Your thoughts?

Thank you for the quick response! If there is a link you can provide I would definitely reach out to Luis. Heard these Joe-Z Pipes are hard to come by.

<3 IS LUV <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 04:26 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh469 View Post
Love this Community!

I liked the silicon because after reading through some other intake forums here, I think the Pipe might get too hot and reduce performance. . Your thoughts?

Thank you for the quick response! If there is a link you can provide I would definitely reach out to Luis. Heard these Joe-Z Pipes are hard to come by.
Ultimately, I think it's personal preference. Regardless of which one you get, it's going to get hot in the engine bay. And even if the pipe gets hot, the reduction in performance wouldn't be noticeable because this upgrade is very minimal in my opinion. The reason why I got the JoeZ was because I trusted a solid pipe over a silicone pipe. Like I said...personal preference. Haha

Here's the link for Carson
http://www.carsontoyota.com/parts-department/

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 02-01-2017, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I can confirm that Luis at Carson is officially out of stock for anyone surfing forums looking for this mod... he said he wasn't sure when or if they are getting any more unfortunately :/ sad news for me. Wanted to stick one in my 170k is loool guess I'm going with hps unless someone in SoCal wants to PM me? I'd drive to pick up 😁... goodluck hunting everyone
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page