1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Joe-Z Intake Pipe Still Around?

Before I get chastised; I did search and found multiple threads about where to buy them/etc and most all of them were L-Tuned's website and its down. I've messaged ----- on here and also sent him a Facebook message. And I've checked eBay.

Does anyone know where I could get my hands on one or maybe something newer and either better or comparable?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 07:59 PM
Cherisher

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)

Here's an alternative: HPS Silicone IS300 Air Intake Hose Kit Post-MAF

The JoeZ, as far as I know, is out of production.

Have some +rep. There's no reason for you to be in the red.

"There's nothing like waiting and getting exactly what you want."
-Hiral
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-04-2016, 10:58 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 17 Post(s)

I have the hps tube on my car. I like it. High quality, comes with nice t bolt clamps. Also have a high flow k&n drop in. The tube is kind of like a giant coupler or radiator hose. Works awesome though. A bit pricey though but a good intake.

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 02:33 AM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdout View Post
Here's an alternative: HPS Silicone IS300 Air Intake Hose Kit Post-MAF

The JoeZ, as far as I know, is out of production.

Have some +rep. There's no reason for you to be in the red.
Thanks man.. That's what I thought. I'll wait it out for a week or two and see if one pops up somewhere on the interwebs.

And yeah I haven't commented on these forums in years and I never understood why haha
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 03:29 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

I got my JoeZ intake in August, new from Carson parts. No doubt it made a difference with the mods I already had (I did things in the opposite order of most folks). Was able to find it at the link below, couldn't tell you if it's in stock though, I had to wait a few weeks.

Carson Toyota/Scion/Lexus Ultimate OEM Parts

FYI: Might recommend getting a new breather tube between the intake and CPV valve. This PITA made a 15 min job turn into a 2 hour job. The stock hose tore during installation, it was old and not flexible and wouldn't accommodate the larger JOEZ extension (assuming it's a bit larger since there was no trouble getting it on/off stock intake) even when it was lubed up (HAHA ). Ended up finding a very similar one to replace it at O'Reilly's. The guys there were cool and showed me where they stocked them and gave me free reign to compare.
blkdout likes this.

NA Supra Clutch & Flywheel // Dezod Green Headers // BC 264 Cams // Titan V2 Cam Gear // JOEZ Intake
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_IS300 View Post
FYI: Might recommend getting a new breather tube between the intake and CPV valve. This PITA made a 15 min job turn into a 2 hour job. The stock hose tore during installation, it was old and not flexible and wouldn't accommodate the larger JOEZ extension (assuming it's a bit larger since there was no trouble getting it on/off stock intake) even when it was lubed up (HAHA ). Ended up finding a very similar one to replace it at O'Reilly's. The guys there were cool and showed me where they stocked them and gave me free reign to compare.
Hellllll yes dude thank you.
Can you explain what PITA is?
And recommend a breather tube?
And a part # of the one you bought? So I know it works haha.

Thanks a lot man.

Edit:
Lmao wow that one went right by me.
PITA. I Gotcha.

Last edited by EricForpahl; 03-05-2016 at 06:33 PM.
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-05-2016, 08:35 PM
Fiend

You're welcome! Unfortunately that's the best I can really do for you.

Breather tube: It slips over a small nipple/protrusion coming off the side of the intake pipe and leads to another valve with a 90* bend (PCV valve) coming out of the top of the valve cover. Trust me, you can't miss it. You will see it near the fire wall on the back of the motor, intake tube side.

No clue what part number it is from Toyota and also no clue which one I got that night. I was angry and in a hurry because my broken one was killing the excitement. It was a random pick in the back of the store and was something made for a ford car or a chevy van or some nonsense. All I know was the inner and outer diameters were the same and it had a bend in the right place to make it fit after cutting the length to size. There is a brass piece jammed up in the stock breather tube, I cut mine out, got it slippery with some mobil-1 and jammed it into the new one where it belonged.

SO again, my recommendation, go to Lexus/Toyota, tell them what you need and get a stock one. The simplicity and hassle free will be worth the extra $5 you might spend when buying at the stealership (the tube I got was $20).

Finally, to conclude this novel. PITA: a healthy, tasty pocket sandwich that is great at soaking up ungodly amounts of alcohol after a night of binge drinking, one usually acquires from (my favorite) Pita Pit since they are open at 3 AM when you get the fiercest form of beer munchies. This is not to be confused with PITA: Pain In The Ass, which is what that stupid rubber hose turned out to be. PITA: also sometimes used as an acronym for People Ingesting Tasty Animals.

Good luck bro! Hope it works out for you

NA Supra Clutch & Flywheel // Dezod Green Headers // BC 264 Cams // Titan V2 Cam Gear // JOEZ Intake

Last edited by Savage_IS300; 03-05-2016 at 08:45 PM.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-07-2016, 10:47 PM
Fiend

Better information can be found here. Intake Vac Hose Replacement

The hose I was referring to is 12262.

post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-08-2016, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Lurker

Lmao. Thanks man.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-14-2016, 11:23 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_IS300 View Post
You're welcome! Unfortunately that's the best I can really do for you.

Breather tube: It slips over a small nipple/protrusion coming off the side of the intake pipe and leads to another valve with a 90* bend (PCV valve) coming out of the top of the valve cover. Trust me, you can't miss it. You will see it near the fire wall on the back of the motor, intake tube side.

No clue what part number it is from Toyota and also no clue which one I got that night. I was angry and in a hurry because my broken one was killing the excitement. It was a random pick in the back of the store and was something made for a ford car or a chevy van or some nonsense. All I know was the inner and outer diameters were the same and it had a bend in the right place to make it fit after cutting the length to size. There is a brass piece jammed up in the stock breather tube, I cut mine out, got it slippery with some mobil-1 and jammed it into the new one where it belonged.

SO again, my recommendation, go to Lexus/Toyota, tell them what you need and get a stock one. The simplicity and hassle free will be worth the extra $5 you might spend when buying at the stealership (the tube I got was $20).

Finally, to conclude this novel. PITA: a healthy, tasty pocket sandwich that is great at soaking up ungodly amounts of alcohol after a night of binge drinking, one usually acquires from (my favorite) Pita Pit since they are open at 3 AM when you get the fiercest form of beer munchies. This is not to be confused with PITA: Pain In The Ass, which is what that stupid rubber hose turned out to be. PITA: also sometimes used as an acronym for People Ingesting Tasty Animals.

Good luck bro! Hope it works out for you
This some good info. Thanks
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-18-2016, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Last year I tried to buy the HPS version of the pipe, but they were being recalled to fix a defect at the time, so everyone was out of stock. Instead I ended up using a universal intake pipe, as I had seen several other members do the same when Joe-Z intakes were in short supply.

The kit I used was a Spectre Performance 8219, which I picked up from a local O'Reilly auto parts store. Since it's light and cheap I was able to cut it to the right size using a small hacksaw, about 2 inches from the straight side and about 1 inch from the curved side. I tossed the original breather tube from the OEM intake since it was old and cracked, and since the included tube with the kit was too flimsy I bought a separate 2 foot length of hose and an adapter for the connector at the back of the engine. My mechanic also recommended plugging the larger unused hole (the included plug still has a small hole in it), so I just wrapped over the hole with self-sticking tape.

Much cheaper than either the Joe-Z or HPS, if you're willing to experiment a bit.
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 05-21-2016, 04:45 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Garage
Thanks for linking the JoeZ pipe. Don't know whether to go with the mindblowing $500 SRT intake or just get this one.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 04:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Garage
Stock Intake / Looking to upgrade

Hey everyone,

First I must sincerely apologize if this question has been asked elsewhere.

I am currently looking at either the HPS or a DIY Joe-Z Intake Style Retrofit to my stock intake. (Basically to remove the accordion).

Question is this:

What in the world is the black box attached to the stock intake tubing?
- If I remove it and replace it with a silicon tube should I be concerned I am going to throw a CEL?

Looking at the HPS Intake online, it would appear this may be where the heat sensor is?

Link to images below! Thanks in advance!

HPS Silicone IS300 Air Intake Hose Kit Post-MAF

<3 IS LUV <3
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Lurker

- what black box are you referring to?
- if you're only removing the accordion tubing and replacing it with a joez type pipe, the cel won't turn on

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 06-09-2016, 04:57 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posh469 View Post
Hey everyone,

First I must sincerely apologize if this question has been asked elsewhere.

I am currently looking at either the HPS or a DIY Joe-Z Intake Style Retrofit to my stock intake. (Basically to remove the accordion).

Question is this:

What in the world is the black box attached to the stock intake tubing?
- If I remove it and replace it with a silicon tube should I be concerned I am going to throw a CEL?

Looking at the HPS Intake online, it would appear this may be where the heat sensor is?

Link to images below! Thanks in advance!

HPS Silicone IS300 Air Intake Hose Kit Post-MAF
The black box thing connected to the intake tube is a resonator that diminishes noise.

If you get the hps tube, its just a direct replacement of that mid tube and doesn't require you to mess around with the MAF sensor.

I just purchased the JoeZ intake last month and installed it last week. Easy install and id recomend the JoeZ over the hps. Carlson Toyota may still have some in stock. Contact Luis there.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page