User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 07:59 PM
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Plugs are no where near the same. Would have to sell it and buy a proper one. Have pics?

TokenSolutions is moving to an in-house forum and facebook. Google TokenSolutions forumer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 08:02 PM
Follower

Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah sorry about that. BSD is on point.

Crazy Horse 1
post #33 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-03-2014, 08:42 PM
Follower

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

got my answer, thanks guys!

02 E-Shift GTE INTERNALS l BC264 l PTE6262 l AEM V2 l FIGS RB BBK l FORTUNE AUTO
461whp/404lb-tq Built and Tuned by JMS Racing
IG: j_is3k

Last edited by IS-ZERO; 03-05-2014 at 07:24 AM.

post #34 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 05:26 PM
Follower

Wanted to add something important to this thread. This is where I think most people get into trouble with the EMU. I took a long cruse to STL the other day and did some highway tuning to try and fine tune my map. Before my open loop fuel trim in the long term was +4.56% on both banks. What this means is after all your driving and tuning the stock ECU calculates how much extra fuel the car needs or doesn't need in open loop(wot). I did not touch the positive psi side of my map. Hadn't got on my car in awhile so made a few pulls today and noticed I was a tad lean. Took a look at my fuel trims again and after my fine tuning I was now -4.23%.

Moral?
I was driving for months under my old tune with no change in WOT fuel trim. And because I changed my tune in the normal part of the map the ECU adjusted my WOT fuel trim. If you are tuning with EMU you need to monitor your fuel trims and don't forget about it.

Crazy Horse 1
post #35 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
Follower

Quoted: 15 Post(s)

^^ so you changed your tune in the normal part of the map and consequently it changed the fuel trims. Checking the fuel trims after each adjustment is necessary is what your saying correct?

02 E-Shift GTE INTERNALS l BC264 l PTE6262 l AEM V2 l FIGS RB BBK l FORTUNE AUTO
461whp/404lb-tq Built and Tuned by JMS Racing
IG: j_is3k
post #36 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 07:15 PM
Follower

Yep. So for WOT tuning you should know what your adjusted trims are. The ECU has a set "map" however, it calculates a adjustment to the open loop map with the normal everyday driving fuel adjustments. I know for a fact that my trims were the same for the 2 or so months I didnt touch anything in the tune. I have a habit of driving with my obd up on the carpc. Easy to check. Get the car warmed up and look at the trims. Get on it and you will see the trims zero out in the ST and then the LT will show a percentage. That the WOT trim.(not sure what that is really called but WOT trim or open loop trim work for me)

Crazy Horse 1
post #37 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 07:23 PM
Frequenter

If you modify the fuel map when the ECU is in closed loop mode (cruise, basically anything less than 60-70% throttle with the engine up to temp and no CEL), the ECU will fight what you're trying to accomplish. In closed loop it wants to run around 14.7, if you try to make it run richer or leaner at cruise (when its in closed loop), the ecu will adjust to get back to 14.7 which changes your short term fuel trim. The ecu will apply that adjustment whenever the engine is running, so at WOT your tune will have changed.
Personally I've had much better results by only working air/fuel adjustments on 70% and up throttle. I tuned my car off throttle position, however I know some other members tune off air flow, maybe they had more success than I did.

mazzuri v1, tanabe, titan gear, trd yellows, emanage ultimate, fidanza, bc 264.

Last edited by skippyhorton; 03-12-2014 at 07:40 PM.
post #38 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-12-2014, 07:44 PM
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippyhorton View Post
If you modify the fuel map when the ECU is in closed loop mode (cruise, basically anything less than 60-70% throttle with the engine up to temp), the ECU will fight what you're trying to accomplish. In closed loop it wants to run around 14.7, if you try to make it run richer or leaner at cruise (when its in closed loop), the ecu will adjust to get back to 14.7 which changes your short term fuel trim. The ecu will apply that adjustment whenever the engine is running, so at WOT your tune will have changed.
Personally I've had much better results by only working air/fuel adjustments on 70% and up throttle. I tuned my car off throttle position, however I know some other members tune off air flow, maybe they had more success than I did.
Yeah. You don't fight the ecu as far as closed loop tuning goes. You try and get the fuel trims as close to zero as you can. The issue with that is the ECU uses load in its fuel calculations. So you can be at the same RPM and PSI or (throttle position in your case) and be under two different load cells as far as the ECU is concerned. That makes it impossible to get the fuel trims perfect. Especially when you get into larger injectors and other than stock maf placement.

Crazy Horse 1
post #39 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-14-2014, 11:10 PM

I just wanted to add to this if anyone is getting the EMU setup, the aem uego w/b sensor is the exact same as Bosch sensor #17018, which is only 52ish dollars at an auto parts store. Hope this helps save you guys some money.

Last edited by ZFK Hunter; 03-14-2014 at 11:11 PM. Reason: typo
post #40 of 57 (permalink) Old 09-03-2014, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Thanks selmer. Since at the time I was still an I had no need for that but now I am 👍. I will surely add this to first page!
Quote:
Originally Posted by selmerguy View Post
Nice thread. I have been running EMU for over a year now and promised a how to thread.... Sorry got busy. I would like to add you can use the SUB injector for boost control. It took me awhile but I finally got it to work.
have to make sure you select ch-1 and sub injector in the car settings.
Emanage + GM Boost Solenoid = EBC for $10.32 - 3000GT/Stealth International Message Center

02 AR 5mt LSD - SRT - Greddy - Megan - HKS - Titan - Token solutions - Figgs - tuned parts - fortune auto - Godspeed - BBS LM rep - Ralco - Pioneer
post #41 of 57 (permalink) Old 02-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 40 Post(s)

Garage
cant i use the 2jz-gte engine code?

02 GGP 234k on chassis
BD11A supercharger/dezod headers/greddy catback/bc264/hks cam gear. 285whp 260tq@6000rpm
post #42 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 09:51 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by az989 View Post
cant i use the 2jz-gte engine code?
Not to thread jack but i am wondering this as well and have been trying to figure it out. I a running an aristo 2jzgte in my 01is300. Which parameter settings do i want to start with?
post #43 of 57 (permalink) Old 03-10-2015, 12:07 PM
Aficionado

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)

You want to use the 2jz-gte vvti engine code, the regular 2jz-gte/2jz-ge is for the JDM spec engine which has different settings. I think the OP used the 3uz-fe code just because it's a USDM engine and had the right parameter already setup.

I remember reading all of this a while back so take it with a grain of salt.
post #44 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 08:42 PM

Not to bring up an old thread but my lex won't start setting it up exactly like this....any new info on the unit? 02 IS300
post #45 of 57 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 08:43 PM

What are the parameter settings to get the car running?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page