User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 08:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Greddy Emanage ultimate basics for noobs

I made this thread as I've recently picked up a greddy e-manage and boomslang harness and couldn't find a thread that collectively had all the info to get me started without some confusing and sometimes conflicting information. Hopefully this has enough for the NA guys that wanna slap a Greddy EMU to squeeze out every last pony.

I have successfully figured out most of the basics and my car is running flawlessly at the moment. I also added my rev limiter cut defeat settings to increase rev limit to 7200. I will add more as I test and experiment. I am also waiting for a new aem uego sensor and greddy harness so I can get to the real tuning.

Experts please feel free to chime in anything I missed or have wrong.

So starting out in the initial programming; the general consensus is to select 3UZ-FE(UZS) as the engine code under the vehicle tab in Paramteter settings. Next your gonna wanna change # of cylinders to 6 and engine size to 3000. Lastly I have vehicle speed pulse set to 4. *Update(11/20/13) RPM signal needs to be switched to ignition signal for launch control to work properly.

Next we move over to Map select tab and check the box next to "rev limiter cut settings"

Lastly on my basic tutorial is the REV LIMITER SETTINGS. Under map tree on far left select the rev limiter cut settings folder and input the following:

As for the wideband hookup I will be using this link to wire up an AEM UEGO gauge. Club3G Forum : Mitsubishi Eclipse 3G Forums - View Single Post - AEM UEGO + eManage Ultimate

I hope this helps anyone looking to get there car started on a Greddy EMU. This week I will be working on launch control settings. Stay tuned!!!

*UPDATE* 11/20/13
Here is what I used to get a working launch control in the IGN tab of parameter settings. I also changed the picture under the initial programming and added the change there that is necessary for this step to work. You may need to adjust start RPM to what works best for your tire setup. It is perfect for me right now on 18s.

Update 9/3/14

Provided by selmerguy (EBC add on for $10)

http://www.3si.org/forum/f103/emanag...0-32-a-300311/
MistahShotta likes this.

02 AR 5mt LSD - SRT - Greddy - Megan - HKS - Titan - Token solutions - Figgs - tuned parts - fortune auto - Godspeed - BBS LM rep - Ralco - Pioneer

Last edited by built_not_bought; 09-03-2014 at 06:00 PM. Reason: UPDATES
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 08:54 PM
Lurker

Thanks, this is going to be really helpful when I get my EMU. Subbed to thread

02 Black/Black 5mt LSD |Aristo Swapped||W58 Swapped||ACT||TRD Sportivo||Megan Racing||AEM||Sony|
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 10:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefjiv View Post
Thanks, this is going to be really helpful when I get my EMU. Subbed to thread
No problem man, the EMU is probably one of, if not my most favorite mod thus far. The SRT intake gave me some butt dyno feel, the hks exhaust gave it a nice sound, but the extra 800-900 rpm has really made it a new driving experience. Cant wait to get her on the dyno with cams.

02 AR 5mt LSD - SRT - Greddy - Megan - HKS - Titan - Token solutions - Figgs - tuned parts - fortune auto - Godspeed - BBS LM rep - Ralco - Pioneer

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 08:30 AM
Addict

Quoted: 51 Post(s)

Cam you raise the rev limiter and alter the shift points on an auto using this?

14 S197 VERT Tuned by Livernois motorsports
15 S550 Mustang Eco boost, Tuned by Livernois Motorsports
01 Black Onyx E-Shift

Dropped it like its HOTT well sorta kinda... I went with TEIN Basis lolol

Id rather get to drive my Slow car Fast than HAVE to drive my Fast car Slow
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:07 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

only in manuel mode and its hit or miss i think
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by willmkent View Post
Cam you raise the rev limiter and alter the shift points on an auto using this?
As polish man said I have read that it works in manual mode. Now the reasoning it would shift WOT in automatic earlier still is that the computer already knows how to shift at that rpm point and wouldn't even think of needing to go higher. Now if it was shifting WOT at say 6k rpm, theoretically I'd think that if you set the clamp hold on the rev limiter setting to under that, at WOT it may go higher. There is a chance of bouncing off the rev limit a couple times till the ecu learns the new value. I'm not an expert so don't quote me but that may be possible. If I had an automatic I would be more than happy to test that theory out for you.

post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 11:45 AM
Fiend

+rep, this will come in handy im sure

2002 IS300 auto CW
SRT intake w R-ECU / XLE Throttle Body DBW to DBC kit / Xerd ypipe moded / Tanabe Racer Super Medallion muffler / Swift Springs / Tokico Illumina shocks / wheels: Kosei 17x8 +45 / Custom Ground kit / StopTech SS Brake Lines

Project Completed - Throttle Body DBW to slave DBC conversion
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 01:26 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by built_not_bought View Post
No problem man, the EMU is probably one of, if not my most favorite mod thus far. The SRT intake gave me some butt dyno feel, the hks exhaust gave it a nice sound, but the extra 800-900 rpm has really made it a new driving experience. Cant wait to get her on the dyno with cams.
I was just thinking the 2j was just starting to get up and go maybe at 5500, and fuel cut is less than 1k rpm's away I'd like to get that extra 500-800 rpm's which is why I want the EMU along with being able to go turbo with the same system. I think with cams the IS would be really nice for a NA daily. I'm going to get a joe-z style intake and will fabricate a custom exhaust before I get the EMU. looking forward to the dyno

02 Black/Black 5mt LSD |Aristo Swapped||W58 Swapped||ACT||TRD Sportivo||Megan Racing||AEM||Sony|
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 02:26 AM Thread Starter

Today I started working on the launch control. Through trial, error, and some more research I think I finally have it figured out. Found this link on it so tomorrow will be doing some testing and see what happens.

How to get lunch control to work on E-manage Ultimate. *

post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-20-2013, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Launch control works flawlessly. I will be making a video from my go-pro tomorrow so you guys can see how it works. Super excited!!!

post #11 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 08:46 PM
Fiend

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Great thread, subscribing for sure. Thank you!

Steve Theodore
2014 Nissan GT-R
2010 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
2007 Subaru Impreza STi
2008 Toyota 4Runner Sport Edition V6
post #12 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-26-2013, 10:44 PM Thread Starter

Thanks all for the kind words and thank you to those that gave me rep! I'm just glad I can contribute to the community. I'm waiting on my y-pipe to come in to give you guys a good launch control video and waiting on my wideband to come in so I can get to tuning. I will be more than happy to share my file with those requiring some help getting started as well as tuned setups once I'm finished mines.

post #13 of 57 (permalink) Old 11-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Fiend

real nice write up thanks bro

03 ibp 6 speed v160
post #14 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-07-2014, 06:37 AM
Frequenter

I am a noob to any sort of ECU tuning. Do you lose any OEM functions using the E-manage? I've looked around an seen on Dezods page about how the AEM EMS standalone allows you to keep power windows, locks, moonroof, etc. I don't understand why any of those essential function would be related to engine management. I'm curious how the E-manage effects the IS300, aside from tuning.

2004 IS300 5 spd. Factory LSD. Joz Z intake. BC Stage 2 cams, BC cam gear -3.5 deg. Eibach Pro-kit, Enkei NT03+m
post #15 of 57 (permalink) Old 01-08-2014, 11:14 AM
Lurker

I wish I was more inclined With the aem units and the greedy unit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page