LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 240 (permalink) Old 07-27-2008, 04:28 PM
Follower

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidk View Post
I'm just trying to contribute. I didn't realize my hometown of Honolulu had such losers such as yourself who just come onto the forums acting like their so high and mighty...

I don't think my car is comparable to a civic just because I don't have a muffler now...what is your logic?

You have your opinion, but you really do go out of your way to be an a$$. I think you should grow up a bit.

I bought a used one so I could go back to stock as I please...is that such a dumb idea?

The muffler shop had to cut and weld...how much do you charge?
Call me what you like but most members here look down upon these "ghetto" mods...If all you had to do is remove the muffler, why did you have to buy another one?..Havent u looked under your car to realize its 2 bolts and a few rubber hangers to remove the stock muffler?..Did you buy your IS 300 without a muffler?...There should be no cutting and welding involved unless you're trying to hack a 40 series flowmaster muffler(or your muff of choice) to the stock piping...

02' W55 Torsen - AEM Tein Hotchkis TRD Cusco JIC PLP B&M Tanabe ACT Fidanza Work FIGS Megan Blinder Titan TokenSolutions BrianCrower eBay

Last edited by Kingu 808; 07-27-2008 at 05:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 05:39 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2J View Post
Apexi WS2
loudness: "2" w/header & y-pipe "3"
looks: "8" (this is more for personal opinion)
qaulity: "10"

basically this is the one for you guys that want the quiet deep tone. even with headers and y-pipe the sound is barely noticable. a lot of ppl want that G35 sound and this is probably as close as you can get to it. at WOT it does get a little louder but thats because i have headers and y-pipe installed. hope that helps

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c3...Photo_0102.jpg
hey Mike your rating sounds exactly like what i want... (no pun intended) ..thanks for posting the photo... do you happen to have any videos or sound clips? I'm about to search for some videos of this exhaust. thanks again. +rep
post #78 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-22-2008, 05:46 PM
Lurker

hey all.. I have a question about the 1-10 sound rating.. where would the stock IS exhaust rank? Just curious if it would be considered 0 as a comparison point or more like a one ... awesome thread, thanks so much.

post #79 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 02:37 AM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by win2kpc2 View Post
hey all.. I have a question about the 1-10 sound rating.. where would the stock IS exhaust rank? Just curious if it would be considered 0 as a comparison point or more like a one ... awesome thread, thanks so much.
hahaha good point. In my opinion it would have to get a 1. The stock is is so freaking quiet. Its kinda sad. Such a big 3in tip there and..... what do you know.... no sound.

2004 e-shift IS300 239 rwhp 235rwtq Going fast without going FASTARRRR!
BC Stage 2 Cams/springs/retainers, CP Pistons 12.5:1, TT internals, ported/ polished head, , Area 51 Intake, EMU, custom 2.5in Magnaflow exhaust, HKS Cam Gear, Tokico Illuminas, Eibach Pro Kit, L-Tuned Sways, Rays Versus Campionato SS6, Altezza mesh grill, AAC CF,
my build
http://my.is/forums/f88/my-quest-bui...g-16-a-399650/
post #80 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 03:26 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by win2kpc2 View Post
hey Mike your rating sounds exactly like what i want... (no pun intended) ..thanks for posting the photo... do you happen to have any videos or sound clips? I'm about to search for some videos of this exhaust. thanks again. +rep
Good thing I made a video when I installed my Apexi WS2.

Just Installed Apexi WS2 Exhaust! Pics and vids! 56k probably not!

You'll love the exhaust.

03 IBP E-Shift
WTB: SUPERCHARGER KIT!

3M 1080 |Alpine | A'PEXi WS2| BBS LM| Bilstein HD | Cusco | Eclipse | H&R Sport| Tein H-Tech | JIC-Magic | Joe-Z | K&N | Mangowalk | Pioneer Z2 | Scosche | SPW | Supra | Viper | XPel |
post #81 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 06:59 PM

Subscribed!!!

I'd like to hear more tanabe clips.
post #82 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 07:44 AM
Addict

I've said it before and people never listened, but I'll say it again...

The Borla exhaust for the IS is one of the best and unique sounding exhausts out there. It isn't loud unless you want it to be, it doesn't drone, it produces a nice deep note at low RPM's that isn't too overstated, and when you floor the car, it opens up and sounds like an F1 car. Not ricey, hollow, or raspy at all.

Everybody who hears my car says it sounds fantastic. It's just a great cat-back exhaust.

SRT|Borla|B&M|Hotchkis|PLP|Swift Springs|BC Racing
post #83 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Aficionado

I couldn't find any vids on Youtube of the Apexi GT-Spec, so I shot one a few minutes ago. Enjoy.

YouTube - IS300 Apexi GT-Spec Exhaust

Apexi GT-Spec
Loudness: 5, maybe 6.
Looks: 8, but I love angled canister exhausts, so I'm biased.
Quality: 10. Flawless welds, easy installation, thick flanges, perfect fitment.

Overall, I love this exhaust. It's throaty and lopy at idle, but suttle and quiet at highway cruising. I'd like it to be a bit louder at WOT, but that's just me.

02 Lexus IS300 MSM 5MT w/LSD
Dixie Region 007 STX
TRDHKSBlitzClutchmastersFidanzaBremboProjectMuGoodridgeTitanH&RKoniJDM
08 Lexus IS250 PW 6AT

"Let's face it. There's just not enough time in this busy world to show everyone the common courtesy of a good strangling."
post #84 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-24-2008, 10:50 PM
Under House Arrest

tanabe for the win
post #85 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 04:07 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidk View Post
Probably going to get flamed for this since I don't have the video yet to back it up...everything stock, I did a muffler delete (kept mid resonator) and I am very pleased with the sound. No rasp and nice high pitched sound. I really haven't heard other exhausts so I can't rate this one in terms of loudness but it's fairly loud.

-Very low exhaust noise when not on throttle at any RPM
-loud note between 2K-3.8K (WOT) in and around car
-loud high pitched 3.8K-Rev limit (WOT) behind car
-very noticable gurgle on lift throttle
-$40 for used stock axle-back (wanted to keep one for swapping to stock)
-$50 for muffler shop fitting

I took my friend around who drives a 350z(nismo exhaust) and he was very impressed with the sound and note. I will get video up as soon as I have time.

I was skeptical of this too but the other day we met up and he took me for a ride, it actually sounds like my hiper at WOT and very quite at idle. Sounds very clean!
post #86 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 07:04 PM
Addict

http://my.is/forums/f88/my-custom-magnaflow-365288/
YouTube - is300 custom magnaflow exhaust (resonator delete)
YouTube - Pulling Away in the IS300
END OF DISCUSSION LOL!!!

o and here is new video with my megan header, srt intake, and my custom magnaflow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmQUExILAwQ

BC Stage 2 Cams/springs/retainers, CP Pistons 12.5:1, TT internals, ported/ polished head, , Area 51 Intake, EMU, custom 2.5in Magnaflow exhaust, HKS Cam Gear, Tokico Illuminas, Eibach Pro Kit, L-Tuned Sways, Rays Versus Campionato SS6, Altezza mesh grill, AAC CF,
my build

Last edited by IS300TTRD; 08-25-2008 at 07:29 PM.
post #87 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-25-2008, 11:41 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS300TTRD View Post
dont you still have the muffler intact? his is pretty much a straight pipe after the b-pipe. thats why i was skeptical theres a difference between the two
post #88 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 01:07 AM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by is300fordavid View Post
dont you still have the muffler intact? his is pretty much a straight pipe after the b-pipe. thats why i was skeptical theres a difference between the two
i dont understand your question. I have my own custom piping after the header. I used high flow magnaflow cats. I dont know if this answers your question

my build
post #89 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 06:40 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS300TTRD View Post
i dont understand your question. I have my own custom piping after the header. I used high flow magnaflow cats. I dont know if this answers your question
didnt you add a magnaflow muffler "canister" or some type of muffler? and sorry about the confusion becasue his piping and everything is stock but the muffler "canister" is chopped off and replaced with a straight pipe
post #90 of 240 (permalink) Old 08-26-2008, 07:11 PM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by is300fordavid View Post
didnt you add a magnaflow muffler "canister" or some type of muffler? and sorry about the confusion becasue his piping and everything is stock but the muffler "canister" is chopped off and replaced with a straight pipe
ya i added a magnaflow muffler and 2.5 in piping all the way to the megan headers. I put in one highflow cat where the stock one used to be.

my build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page