4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #226 of 240 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 07:20 AM
Lurker

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Lots of different models over this thread. Curious to see where all those models are now. When searching for an exhaust at this moment all that can be found over the net (still don't have access to for sale section on this board).

Tanabe hyper medallion touring
Tanabe medalion concept G
Apexi ws2
Yonaka
Manzo

can't wait to see what's available on the used platform because all I find at the moment are new 95% of the time and they are quite expensive

Previous cars:
2005-2006: 1997 Paseo SOLD
2006-2010: 1991 Mr2 LHD T-Top SOLD
Winter 2006:1990 Camry Beater SOLD
2007-2009: 1997 Paseo 1.3 Turbo SOLD
2009-2010: 2005 Echo RS Daily Drive SOLD
2010-2012: 2007 Tacoma X-Runner SOLD
2010:2015: 1994 Mr2 1994 Hardtop LHD 3sge Beams Turbo SOLD
2012-2013: 1998 Tercel SOLD
2013-2015: 2010 Corolla S SOLD
2015-??: 2001 Lexus Is300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #227 of 240 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 05:37 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 224 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2mkii View Post
Lots of different models over this thread. Curious to see where all those models are now. When searching for an exhaust at this moment all that can be found over the net (still don't have access to for sale section on this board).

Tanabe hyper medallion touring
Tanabe medalion concept G
Apexi ws2
Yonaka
Manzo

can't wait to see what's available on the used platform because all I find at the moment are new 95% of the time and they are quite expensive
The Manzo catback is a nice, cost-effective product. It has a decent sound when you're on the throttle, but stock is barely louder than idle. Quality is decent, though I noticed the chrome finish yellowing a little bit after only a few months. :/

Yonaka is just your run-of-the-mill cheap replica brand. Apexi and Tanabe sound nice, though Tanabe is $500+ last time I looked.

Luke 6:41-42.
-------------------
Proud to represent JCE10MW. You won't find a better group of car guys.
post #228 of 240 (permalink) Old 10-04-2015, 06:16 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Nuke View Post
The Manzo catback is a nice, cost-effective product. It has a decent sound when you're on the throttle, but stock is barely louder than idle. Quality is decent, though I noticed the chrome finish yellowing a little bit after only a few months. :/

Yonaka is just your run-of-the-mill cheap replica brand. Apexi and Tanabe sound nice, though Tanabe is $500+ last time I looked.
Yeah while browsing through this thread I've listened to all videos and soudnclip that were still available on YouTube (some were deleted by the time this thread evolved), and I think Yonaka will NOT be my choice.... There was a video showing difference between stock and Yonaka in every situation (revving in neutral, acceleration from 0, acceleration while driving (from the inside of the cabin), etc and you can't even tell there is an exhaust on that car.

I've personnaly heard the Tanabe Medallion some times ago when trying to exchange my previous Tacoma X-Runner for an Is300 (4 years ago) and I liked it, not loud at all but still noticeable. However as you mention those exhaust new are quite expensive... with canadian money value being low recently they retail over 7-800$ + shipping on eBay (and this is the cheapest when comparing to Apexi ws2, HKS TI and some others.

I'll wait to get 50 posts to see if there's something interesting available on the market forum..... but I think that I'm probably not the only one looking for one so chances are thin to get a used one even here.... might try the JDM shop on the next weeks, maybe I'll be lucky enough to find an altezza aftermarket exhaust

Previous cars:
2005-2006: 1997 Paseo SOLD
2006-2010: 1991 Mr2 LHD T-Top SOLD
Winter 2006:1990 Camry Beater SOLD
2007-2009: 1997 Paseo 1.3 Turbo SOLD
2009-2010: 2005 Echo RS Daily Drive SOLD
2010-2012: 2007 Tacoma X-Runner SOLD
2010:2015: 1994 Mr2 1994 Hardtop LHD 3sge Beams Turbo SOLD
2012-2013: 1998 Tercel SOLD
2013-2015: 2010 Corolla S SOLD
2015-??: 2001 Lexus Is300

post #229 of 240 (permalink) Old 10-05-2015, 08:13 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 38 Post(s)

May I recommend taking a listen to (youtube) and considering a Magnaflow straight through muffler.
Model 14851 is a polished muffler with a 4" tip and their most aggressive sound. (competition series) Under $185.00.
Model 14829 is the same as above but is far quieter. (street series) Under $185.00
Model 11235 has no tip and a satin finish. Add your OEM tip or buy one. Under $90.00

All of the above have a 2.25" in and out.

2003 TCM Sport Design, LSD, Blitz, Dezod Green Headers, Custom Magnaflow Exhaust, JoeZ Intake, Koni Yellow Shocks/H&R Sport Springs, Fog Mod, DRL Mod, E-Shift
post #230 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-09-2015, 11:12 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
A'PEXi N1 Catback Exhaust

Exhaust: A'PEXi N1 Catback
Header/Y-Pipe?: Stock Header and y-pipe
Rating: 8
-Loudness: 7
-Quality: 8
-Overall: 8
Comments: Low rumble at idle, when cruising there is no drone, at WOT it doesn't sound raspy at all, very aggressive, and deep all throughout the RPM's. It is kind of expensive sitting at 480$ on thmotorsports but it is worth getting. If you are looking for something a bit more loud i recommend getting this catback plus an aftermarket header and y-pipe. The only CON I have is that part of the exhaust is hitting my right rear lower control arm which can be heard hitting it when starting from a stop, nothing adjusting the rubber hangers can't fix though. Definitely recommend this catback though. Will post sound clip up soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3134.JPG
Views:	123
Size:	1.88 MB
ID:	89026   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3137.JPG
Views:	179
Size:	1.25 MB
ID:	89034  
post #231 of 240 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 01:12 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I bought an HKS Hi-Power muffler a while ago, and I'd say...
Tone: 7
Loudness: 4-5
Drone: 5
Quality: 8

The muffler sounds very good, in a refined sense, but it is not loud enough to notice any difference in idle.
I'm going to experiment with a larger mid-pipe section and see if I can get a good idle tone.
But past that, it sounds really great for someone wanting a little more sound on the highway.
Definately allows you to hear yourself from inside the cabin, but only barely.
post #232 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 02:48 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 13 Post(s)

I love my magna flow 2.5" exhaust. almost as quiet as stock exhaust with megan header and y-pipe. great for flow and top end power!
TobiasSing likes this.

2003 Mustang GT - Sonic Blue(sold)

2004 IS300 - GGP - 5 Speed Automatic - LSD
ACL - AEM - ARP - Brembo - BC - Eibach - Fidanza - Goodridge - NGK - Magnaflow - Megan - Mishimoto - Injen - PHR - Seibon - Spyder - Titan - Token Solutions - Tokico
post #233 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 07:16 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciummo View Post

I love my magna flow 2.5" exhaust. almost as quiet as stock exhaust with megan header and y-pipe. great for flow and top end power!
Nice. I was looking at buying one, but they are expensive. ~ $700+

Where did you order yours from?

2001 Silver Lexus IS300 (JoeZ Intake, HKS Hipermax Coilovers, Hotchkis Sway Bars, AFE Drop In Filter)

2010 Octane Blue Mitsubishi Evo X GSR (ETS Upper/Lower IC Pipes, ETS 4" IC, ETS Quiet Exhaust, ETS Straight Pipe, Cosworth Drop In Filter, RRE Tuned, KW v3 Coilovers, Whiteline Sway Bars)

2012 Obsidian Lexus ISF (JoeZ Intake)

*** Looking for 2001-2005 Lexus IS300 Stock Futuba Muffler in great condition. Please PM me with price. Located in Southern California. ***
post #234 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-10-2016, 08:51 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by altezza646 View Post
Nice. I was looking at buying one, but they are expensive. ~ $700+

Where did you order yours from?
Autohance.com I ordered it from there because they had a magnaflow 10% off coupon code and I believe it will be around at least for another two months. It was one of the first links typing it in on google and clicking shopping. I justified the expensive price tag due to the build quality and diameter of piping matching directly up to the output of my y-pipe. Used a stock civic K24A exhaust gasket from autozone to seal the y-pipe to magnaflow connection, so now i even have a honda part on my build

ACL - AEM - ARP - Brembo - BC - Eibach - Fidanza - Goodridge - NGK - Magnaflow - Megan - Mishimoto - Injen - PHR - Seibon - Spyder - Titan - Token Solutions - Tokico
post #235 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-13-2016, 02:58 PM
Guru

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciummo View Post

Finally, some information on that system
post #236 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-15-2016, 09:15 PM
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
Finally, some information on that system
It's honestly great, the fitment was better than my HKS even. I've went through 5 exhausts since i purchased this car just because I was looking for the right sound. The last exhaust I had was the stock one with my megan y-pipe and header, and it was still a little loud, but not attracting cops. It just wasn't holding power up top with my built engine and I knew even the HKS exhaust was choking the engine's power. Once I went with this 2.5" exhaust, i realized I made the right choice. It sounds as quiet as the stock exhaust with the Megan header and Y and it is the same inner diameter as the megan Y-pipe so my exhaust is finally all the same diameter and it is wonderful for the engines power, I have never felt the top end with my engine build (cams, valves, all internal supporting parts), because I was choking it with such a small exhaust diameter. The megan Y at the merge and the Magnaflow exhaust both have a 2.37" inner diameter, and I feel with my intake modifications, and my engine internal setup, this exhaust truly unlocked the power, and powerband i desired. I could not be happier with the way i engineered this build to all just flow together perfectly. I'm convinced on the stock ecu this build is making over 230whp, with my automatic transmission. The only reason I refuse to tune it is because it is running 12:1 @ wide open throttle with all my mods, and I believe if i leaned it out anymore there would be know way to tell if one or two cylinders would be running too lean (which would be very likely due to our intake manifold and intake ports design), I would rather run a tad rich and have her safe than melt a piston. Sorry for the long descriptive essay of a post, but basically this exhaust with a good header and 2.5" y-pipe along with a built race engine is the key to unlocking power in this car. The reason so many people aren't over the 210whp mark is because their exhaust piping diameter isn't large enough to flow the power. A stock honda civic si uses the same diameter piping as this exhaust, that should explain enough as to how much power can flow through our puny, stock exhaust piping.
TobiasSing likes this.

post #237 of 240 (permalink) Old 01-16-2016, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
Here is the exhaust video i promised
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9G4r...ature=youtu.be
post #238 of 240 (permalink) Old 03-17-2016, 10:31 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Will adding a glass pack reduce the raspy sound? Also I heard adding a bigger longer glass pack will make it sound deeper is that true
post #239 of 240 (permalink) Old 04-05-2016, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

post #240 of 240 (permalink) Old 06-07-2016, 11:49 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Question on the 2004 Sport Design Exhaust

Hey everyone,

Thanks for starting this one up.

Curious to know, (I can only speak on the year and model I own) for the 2004 IS300 Sport Design - it was noted that there was a "Sport Design" exhaust.

I know from other friends that own a stock mid-2000s IS (Non-Sport Design), that the exhaust on my car is in-fact different.

On the surface, it almost looks exactly like the RMM Exhaust I've seen Online- however (Other than eyeballing it) I simply have no idea of really telling.

Can anyone lend some insight as to the stock "Sport Design" exhaust that was offered by Lexus? Were they any additional horsepower gains? Tonal differences? etc...

I have a new Apexi N1 inbound and would be happy to take some video to share for sound comparison.
- I actually love the sound of the stock exhaust but am wanting something slightly more aggressive sounding.

Thanks in advance! :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page