Dezod "Green" Header Review - Page 6 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

 3Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Deity
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Cool Kids Club Club Haus
Posts: 14,828
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien51 View Post
Nice review, but no header is worth $1200 for my Civic.
Fixed.

03 CW | Tokico White| EiBach Prokit | Tom's RSTB | L-tune Red Sway | Works VS-XX gold 18x8.5 +45/18x9.5 +45 | Hankook V12 215/40/18 + 225/40/18 | JoeZ | Dezod green header | RMM Front/Side/trunk spoiler + Carson rear lip | 03 SD Grill | Ebay oem style Headlights | JDM Dark Chrome Tails | Kenwood DNX7100 | Kenwood GTM-10 | JBL MS-8 | JDM Double Din | Focal 165VR | Infinity 6932 | ID IDQ10V3-4 IB Rear Deck | Alpine PDX-5 | Dynamat Extreme | CompuStar
My pix whoring thread
Johnnysks is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #77 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Dezod Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm__ View Post
The OEM headers from the dealer are $1300.
Yep. Magnaflow is $1000..........

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATscan2008 View Post
POW!!! KABOOYA!!!


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bezik777 View Post
I will have to disagree with you xmillion there are plenty of custom made and quality manifolds in this world that are worth the money ......one must be able to understand the work and material that goes into quality parts and its adds up quick ...vs cheap china junk...
Agreed. Much blood, sweat and tears goes into these.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelp View Post
I'm very interested in these headers also. Would it be easy to attach 2.5" piping after the y-pipe for a custom exhaust?
Should link up no prob.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnysks View Post
Fixed.
ROFL
Dezod Motorsports is offline  
post #78 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-22-2013, 09:24 PM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Virginia
Posts: 303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
           
I dont know why everyone keeps arguing about the price of these things. If your mad that you cant afford to spend that much on a header THEN DONT and go buy a cheap china made header that will not be emissions legal that you will have to spend more money buying o2 simulators and on some headers paying to have the o2 bung repositioned. Not to mention the china headers leak,sound like crap,and are really raspy. Stop complaining about dezods pricing on these period. Dezod has simply made THE BEST HEADER this platform has ever seen and its expensive and so it should be because of the quality and performance gains. Just do your research like I have about headers and you will quickly find out that there is no better header for this car and Dezod has proved that with the power gains,the QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP,THE QUALITY PARTS IN THIS HEADER,AND THE FACT THAT IT HAS 2 CATS ON IT AND STILL MAKES A GOOD POWER GAIN.Thank you Dezod for making these for us and I hope they sell very well. There are some members here like me that really are grateful of the amount of time you have put into making these headers for our platform. I will say that when these first came out I thought they would have made more power BUT I did research for headers made for this car and found out that you made the same power or more with 2 cat convertors and that is awesome. Great job with these headers dezod.
dannyboy89 is offline  
 
post #79 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:10 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Dezod Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy89 View Post
I dont know why everyone keeps arguing about the price of these things. If your mad that you cant afford to spend that much on a header THEN DONT and go buy a cheap china made header that will not be emissions legal that you will have to spend more money buying o2 simulators and on some headers paying to have the o2 bung repositioned. Not to mention the china headers leak,sound like crap,and are really raspy. Stop complaining about dezods pricing on these period. Dezod has simply made THE BEST HEADER this platform has ever seen and its expensive and so it should be because of the quality and performance gains. Just do your research like I have about headers and you will quickly find out that there is no better header for this car and Dezod has proved that with the power gains,the QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP,THE QUALITY PARTS IN THIS HEADER,AND THE FACT THAT IT HAS 2 CATS ON IT AND STILL MAKES A GOOD POWER GAIN.Thank you Dezod for making these for us and I hope they sell very well. There are some members here like me that really are grateful of the amount of time you have put into making these headers for our platform. I will say that when these first came out I thought they would have made more power BUT I did research for headers made for this car and found out that you made the same power or more with 2 cat convertors and that is awesome. Great job with these headers dezod.
Thanks for the kind words.

Happy belated bday to our tester and master IS man, Bezik777
Dezod Motorsports is offline  
post #80 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 04:12 PM Thread Starter
Guru
 
Bezik777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ILLinoiS
Posts: 9,726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
           
Garage
Bump for those who asked...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post
Thanks for the kind words.

Happy belated bday to our tester and master IS man, Bezik777
Late Thanks

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
Bezik777 is offline  
post #81 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 04:33 PM
Fiend
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Dousman, WI
Posts: 292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
I sent my Green headers in to be made into Reds. Should have them back this week. There will be dyno numbers again to follow.

Stay tuned

2002 IS300 - Crystal White
Manzo Axle-back | JoeZ Intake pipe & modded stock box | Dezod Motorsports Red Headers | Unorthodox Racing Adjustable Exhaust Cam Gear | Toyomoto VB upgrade | B&M Supercooler | Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS | TunedParts Rigid bars | TunedParts Rear Strut Bar | StopTech Front slotted rotors | Stoptech Front stainless brake lines | Hawk HPS front pads| Altezza Grill | Eibach F/R Sway bars | BC Racing BR Coilovers 12k/10k | Enkei Kojin 18x8.5/245/35 tires
DSMDuDE is offline  
post #82 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Lurker
 
Mile30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Garage
These just made my "list"... I know good stuff when I see it!

1 fastener relocate is the only mod needed for installation AND it'd still pass my state's vehicle emissions inspection program: sex. Now to save up!
Mile30 is offline  
post #83 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 05:07 PM
Guru
 
TobiasSing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Columbia, Mayland
Posts: 7,872
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
           
Heck, you're pretty close to me... if you want to pop over and check out mine, they're just sitting here lol.
TobiasSing is offline  
post #84 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 05:36 PM Thread Starter
Guru
 
Bezik777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ILLinoiS
Posts: 9,726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
           
Garage
Just FYI to everyone ill be testing out Dezod Red headers vs Mazzuri v2 header on my fully built supercharged IS ...

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
Bezik777 is offline  
post #85 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 PM
Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
           
awesome, cant wait to see it!!

however will the results be different from a supercharged car to an NA car?

14 S197 VERT Tuned by Livernois motorsports
15 S550 Mustang Eco boost, Tuned by Livernois Motorsports
01 Black Onyx E-Shift

Dropped it like its HOTT well sorta kinda... I went with TEIN Basis lolol

Id rather get to drive my Slow car Fast than HAVE to drive my Fast car Slow
willmkent is offline  
post #86 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 05:44 AM Thread Starter
Guru
 
Bezik777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ILLinoiS
Posts: 9,726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
           
Garage
Yes gains will be more with boost benefit just like with cams - good with NA even better with boost.

I will add my review of NA "red" headers also ...

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
Bezik777 is offline  
post #87 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 07:16 AM
Supporting Vendor
 
Dezod Motorsports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: GA
Posts: 2,507
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
           
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSMDuDE View Post
I sent my Green headers in to be made into Reds. Should have them back this week. There will be dyno numbers again to follow.

Stay tuned
They left yesterday to you.
Dezod Motorsports is offline  
post #88 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 08:15 AM
Lurker
 
Mile30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Posts: 94
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by TobiasSing View Post
Heck, you're pretty close to me... if you want to pop over and check out mine, they're just sitting here lol.
Hell yes. I can bring a decent camera and snag a quick video while we're at it. You wanna meet up at the MoCo Meet @ Bruster's this Friday evening? I'll be there with both my cars, anyway.
Mile30 is offline  
post #89 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 12:38 PM
Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,038
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
           
I'm pretty sure that I will be ordering a set soon

14 S197 VERT Tuned by Livernois motorsports
15 S550 Mustang Eco boost, Tuned by Livernois Motorsports
01 Black Onyx E-Shift

Dropped it like its HOTT well sorta kinda... I went with TEIN Basis lolol

Id rather get to drive my Slow car Fast than HAVE to drive my Fast car Slow
willmkent is offline  
post #90 of 354 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
Guru
 
Bezik777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: ILLinoiS
Posts: 9,726
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
           
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by willmkent View Post
I'm pretty sure that I will be ordering a set soon
You won't be disappointed!

Support The Troops - OIF Veteran - SSG of Soldiers - AND PROUD OF IT

-Boosted-
-JCE10 Midwest-
___Go Fast or F*** It___
Bezik777 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome