LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 09:47 AM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contra View Post
well.. it made the same HP.. WITH cats. i'm guessing gains should be a lot more in the version without.
Correct. With cats, she made great power. Without, we would expect to see another 3-7% power increase. Not to mention this is on an auto trans. Manual gains would see more for sure. The auto trans eats power for lunch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy89 View Post
^ Thats true. I cant wait to see the price on these things! I really want to buy a set!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristIs300 View Post
great result ! Good number for a stock engine with cat ! With cam , the result gonna be awesome !

Dont forget , in a n/a motor , its all the detail that's mather.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iSNin0 View Post
good stuff. but quite honestly since theyre not gonna be cheap, im sure i'd be more interested in the 'RED' headers Dezod says will be coming soon if i was in the market for headers, maybe those can close the deal with ~30 HP.
With cams and some tuning, these would REALLY light up for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmur View Post
When will these headers be available?
Soon. Next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad-ass View Post

shame to put such thing over a quality product, should have plastic bagged the whole thing then taped.
You're right. We should have. Again, this was a prototype and things where not pristine to begin with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 11:49 AM
Frequenter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm ready to install the first set on a 5 spd.!!

"The Dude abides..."
post #33 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 02:56 PM
Frequenter

me too but i cant decide on green or red, we dont have e testing in alberta, but i also dont want crazy rasp or drone i will be going with the new greddy sp elite exhaust reguardless.

02-5spd

post #34 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-01-2013, 08:50 PM
Fiend

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Dezod if I buy these and go in for a inspection will these pass? Also is there going to be a group buy discount on these? Last question is what kind of warranty will these have? Thanks alot.
post #35 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 07:21 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Dezod if I buy these and go in for a inspection will these pass? Also is there going to be a group buy discount on these? Last question is what kind of warranty will these have? Thanks alot.
The cats are fully functioning OBD2, 49 state legal cats and should easily pass emissions tests in just about any state except CA.

We are working out the details for an intro pricing.

The cats have a 5yr/50K warranty from the manufacturer.

Last edited by Dezod Motorsports; 04-02-2013 at 08:27 AM.
post #36 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezod Motorsports View Post
The cats are fully functioning OBD2, 49 state legal cats and should easily pass emissions tests in just about any state except CA.

We are working out the details for an intro pricing.

The cats have a 5yr/50K warranty from the manufacturer.
fixed?
post #37 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 08:17 AM
Supporting Vendor

post #38 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
you said 50 year / 50k miles. 50 years seems like much?
post #39 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Contra View Post
you said 50 year / 50k miles. 50 years seems like much?
5 year/ 50K is correct. Fixed.
post #40 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Fiend

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Dezod thanks for answering all my questions so far. You guys seem like a great company with quality products and Im looking forward to buying these headers from you guys and any other parts I decide to buy in the future I will buy them from you guys if you carry the part I need..... Thanks.
post #41 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Dezod thanks for answering all my questions so far. You guys seem like a great company with quality products and Im looking forward to buying these headers from you guys and any other parts I decide to buy in the future I will buy them from you guys if you carry the part I need..... Thanks.
You're welcome. That's how we roll. Those whom have dealt with us know this.
post #42 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 01:18 AM

Love it
post #43 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 09:00 AM
Supporting Vendor

Pricing is just about complete and it appears that we have come in higher than where we wanted to, but the quality and performance of these headers speaks volumes for themselves.

Regular retail will be $1313.00, the intro Group Buy pricing will be $1125.60 for the Green headers. Link to reserve a set at this pricing is below.
Dezod Motorsports Green 6-2-1 Header-IS300 01-05 (Includes y-pipe replacement)

Red:
Dezod Motorsports Red 6-2-1 Header-IS300 01-05 (Includes y-pipe replacement)
post #44 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM
Supporting Vendor

I have had some PMs and emails.....I want to clarify a few things here.

1) You can not have quality without a price tag. China offers the price tag, but lacks HARD in quality.

2) These are all made, designed and tested here in the USA. Be proud of where you live!

3) There are other brands that offer inferior parts (laser cut machined flanges, mild steel pipes, formed merge collectors, 2 bolt flanges, no cats etc). The Dezod headers offer CNC cut flanges with gasket traces, stainless tubes, v-band connections and high flow OBD2 cats). I urge you to check out companies like PPE, Bisimoto and a few others to see their header prices. You will see we still come in VERY competitive. (AGAIN, not dogging any of these companies. They all do excellent work for their niche markets, but comparing raw material quality, we are superior)

4) Let's face the facts. Some mentioned Magnaflow, if you where to buy the sub-par mangnaflow stuff, buying BOTH their header and y-pipe to compare apples to apples, you would be around $950-1000. We are asking a few hundred more LIGHT years of fab quality, parts and performance.

5) Superior design here. We make the same and more power WITH cats than China made headers without cats! Good ol USA wins again! We also have appropriate O2 locations, EXCELLENT ground clearance and better fitment and install than all out on the market.

6) Lastly, we understand not everyone will buy these. These are a premium item and if someone wants an item that is uncompromised quality, then this is your set of headers, hands down.
post #45 of 354 (permalink) Old 04-03-2013, 11:27 AM
Fiend

Dezod about hits it on the head with this one:
Quote:
3) There are other brands that offer inferior parts (laser cut machined flanges, mild steel pipes, formed merge collectors, 2 bolt flanges, no cats etc). The Dezod headers offer CNC cut flanges with gasket traces, stainless tubes, v-band connections and high flow OBD2 cats). I urge you to check out companies like PPE, Bisimoto and a few others to see their header prices. You will see we still come in VERY competitive. (AGAIN, not dogging any of these companies. They all do excellent work for their niche markets, but comparing raw material quality, we are superior)
Once you hold this header system in your hands and look at it compared to anything else. You can instantly tell the build quality. The welds are phenomenal! The runners inside the ports are smooth, fitment is great! Did i mention how light this entire setup is compared to stock? I still have my stock headers and y pipe in the garage. I would be willing to weigh these and have Dezod post how much their Green setup weighs.

Want more pictures of the Dezod Green header installed on my car? I can do that if needed.

2002 IS300 - Crystal White
Manzo Axle-back | JoeZ Intake pipe & modded stock box | Dezod Motorsports Red Headers | Unorthodox Racing Adjustable Exhaust Cam Gear | Toyomoto VB upgrade | B&M Supercooler | Pioneer AVH-X5500BHS | TunedParts Rigid bars | TunedParts Rear Strut Bar | StopTech Front slotted rotors | Stoptech Front stainless brake lines | Hawk HPS front pads| Altezza Grill | Eibach F/R Sway bars | BC Racing BR Coilovers 12k/10k | Enkei Kojin 18x8.5/245/35 tires
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page