User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #106 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

See here: Tuning/Engine Management?

I hope this is seen or passed along to whomever owns/runs this site. My sole intent was to gain information about products and I asked for detailed info more than once since my knowledge base is all but non-existent on my wifes car. Thankfully one or two fellow enthusiasts were able to shed some light on my inquiries before the thread was closed.

Let this serve as prime example to the mods on here that just because a member such as myself has a low post count and rarely frequents a site means said person doesn't moderate on many other sites of equal or larger size. The impatience displayed was pitiful.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #107 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 12:27 PM
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fade 2 Black View Post
See here: Tuning/Engine Management?

I hope this is seen or passed along to whomever owns/runs this site. My sole intent was to gain information about products and I asked for detailed info more than once since my knowledge base is all but non-existent on my wifes car. Thankfully one or two fellow enthusiasts were able to shed some light on my inquiries before the thread was closed.

Let this serve as prime example to the mods on here that just because a member such as myself has a low post count and rarely frequents a site means said person doesn't moderate on many other sites of equal or larger size. The impatience displayed was pitiful.
kponti did a great job of answering your questions, leaving the thread open for more people to comment wasn't going to get you any other answers. The thread was simply closed because your question was answered and it has been addressed before in the past.

Have a question? Try the my.is FAQ or, if you can't find an answer there, search before posting your question (hopefully in the correct forum).

2002 IS300 5mt. MSM stock for now
Cobra Project:
FFR MKIII '65 Cobra Replicar - 427 cid V-8 (thats 7.0 liters) engine 525hp/520lb-ft torque at the flywheel (and this is in a 2200 pound car) Painted Lexus Spectra Blue Mica with GM Arctic White stripes -- now street legal
post #108 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeno View Post
i don't know whether to call myself a noob or not... been here for so long, but didn't start posting until recently. I was afraid, just like many ppl here.. now I could really give 2 shizzles if ppl write "do a search jackass", "it was posted 50 times already".. if I can't find it, I'm posting it. No need to be afraid, are you worried about your image on .net??

This goes out to all those guys who think they are superior to everyone else here on .net...

8=====D [o

I totally agree, I was the same way and just now started posting since I saved up money to finally get a Turbo.

Now, Im going to take advantage of this Thread and ask for help! I posted another thread that has the information of a Turbo I am buying actually today. I have not received any answers or feedback so Im afraid Im going blind to buy it.

Could anyone help me decide????

Help decide on Turbo Setup 2002 IS300

post #109 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 07:36 AM

I think this went into the wrong thread....

Last edited by IS300mora; 05-26-2009 at 07:38 AM. Reason: Wrong thread
post #110 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-03-2009, 08:10 PM

i feel the exact same way. the other day iasked a simple question and got a bunch of smartass answers. makes you not even wanna get on anymore. if u think the questions are stupid then don't even look at the post
post #111 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-09-2009, 12:45 PM
My.is Captain Kangaroo

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Just thought I'd mention, its everyone. Including mods!

I've seen it. Most recently in a few threads which I will provide through PM to whom ever is in charge if that is, they are curious.

I mean, a noob joins. Some are new to forums in general, some have experience on others before making there stay here.

Regardless, it looks totally confusing to them. Well, some if not most of the noob population. Not every forums has the 'Search' tool.

I always do my best to welcome those new to the site and answering their questions even if they have been asked numerous times before. Of course, I'll end it with a prompt generous closing statement that explains what and how to use the search function.

I just find it funny how even mods will bash the hell out of people and not even offer a bit of help, even if they have seen this thread.

Maybe a site clean up or re-furbish should be made. To cleans it of its now bad reputation, and maybe find a way. Other than this simple thread of advise and hope to enforce these rules and guidelines.

Just getting that out there.

Thanks,
-Jared

©2006 my.IS

'02 Lexus IS300 MSM 5AT LSD - RIP
'08 Chevy Silverado 4x4 LS2 Swap - SOLD
'13 Subaru BRZ Limited 6 Spd - SOLD
'11 Mercedes-Benz E350 Black - SOLD
'07 Porsche Cayman S 6spd - SOLD
'03 Corvette Z06 - FOR SALE
'09 Lexus ISF - NEXT :)

"I don't always drive cars, but when I do. I prefer the IS300. Stay in third gear my friends."
post #112 of 135 (permalink) Old 02-16-2010, 06:58 PM
Lurker

This is very true! While I may be new to the IS/2jZ platform, I'm not new to cars especially aspirated ones. I've succesfully built several engines, mosly from DSMs, Starion/Conquest and 3000GT VR4 in my day. Some bits and peices of info. need for my projects have been acquired from site like DSMtalk, Starquest, club 3Si, ect...from very, kool, helpful ppl. I'm new to this site and gotten a few honest respones to my pesky question regarding a GTE swap. But for the most part, I think members, Gurus can do a little better for the new guys than to say "search the forums"
post #113 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Enthusiast

I agree with the OP. We all just need to be more respectful and kind to others. Our world is going down hill lets do our best to slow it down as much as possible.

[2003 Black Onyx IS300][SRT Intake][Tokico Illumina's+H&R Springs][Gold 18’’ O.Z. Crono’s+General Atlimax HP Tires 225/40][HID 6000K Low Beams][Amuse Front Lip][Altezza Window Visors][3" SRT Catback Exhaust][SRT Intake+Recu]
post #114 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-15-2011, 07:12 AM
Lurker

I bought a few things from other members here in the past but I got neg rep by someone with a million rep points for a comment I made, it has been over a year now since I have been able to see the "for sale" section. Rep needs to be taken away, it's a freaking car community bashing on their own members. If sellers wanted to sell something, why not let past buyers with good purchase feedback buy?
post #115 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-28-2011, 10:37 AM

Garage
IMHO 90% of my searches have me drudging through crap without finding what I was looking for! When I finally get the nerve to post my question it seems that within the first responders, there a super bad ass member who knows where everything is and shoots me a link to what I am looking for. Its almost like this one guy saves everything to his desktop just so he can be helpful. Thanks to those guys!!! I say save the drama for your personal life and help lift the community!!

P.S. it's good to be here I just picked up my first IS on monday.
post #116 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 06:00 AM
Frequenter

As a newb to the ISx community, but a long time member of others such as PBnation.com, LS1tech.com, Thirdgen.org, Supraforums.com, and ClubLex. It hurts me to have to say that the only other places I've seen this much newb bashing/disrespect is on local forums to large cities where the rich and arrogant think because they have more money than the other guy they can talk trash all they want. I sure hope this isn't the case here.
I know that stepping up into the Toyota/Lexus playing field costs quite a bit more than grabbing a LSx series v8 from a junk yard truck and throwing it into an 80's Camaro and running low 12s, but seriously, if 70% of people on here act like dick heads it will keep new members from coming back, and even newer from joining...

Maybe I don't really have any room to say anything here, but I know for a fact that my friends on the other boards would feel the same way.That being said, I want to say thank you to people like MX99204, TECHis300, leonardis300, kaptain86, and a few others who I have asked questions to,and have seen them post very knowledgeable and respectful answers to other newbies here.

-J-
post #117 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 06:37 AM
Black Hole

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primo View Post
IMHO 90% of my searches have me drudging through crap without finding what I was looking for! When I finally get the nerve to post my question it seems that within the first responders, there a super bad ass member who knows where everything is and shoots me a link to what I am looking for. Its almost like this one guy saves everything to his desktop just so he can be helpful. Thanks to those guys!!! I say save the drama for your personal life and help lift the community!!

P.S. it's good to be here I just picked up my first IS on monday.
A big problem with the search is the number of repeated and un-informative threads on the same topic. I haven't checked lately, but I will guess there are 100 or so intake threads. When a Noob comes and posts another thread on the topic, it becomes 101 and so-on.

That leads to the problem of the search being useless (because 90 of your 101 results are going to be crap), and then the subsequent problem of a member who was unable to find his information in the search posting another thread (now 102) on a topic that has been well-discussed.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
post #118 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-14-2011, 06:36 PM
Lurker

I'm a newb and I read this!
post #119 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-30-2011, 11:02 AM

Garage
Thank You

i love cars...something about them just calms me down...i know a lil bit about cars but not really how to fix them....so youd probably call me a newb so ill accept it no problem.....im also a member of ClubLexus and ive been posting on there because these forums get my blood boiling kinda difficult to find good information and to just go threw all the stuff on these forums its endless....anyway so ive been posting and this dude for no reason jumped down my throat when i was just asking a question he said i should have gone threw the threads and found a post related to my question or look for a thread that answers my question honestly i could do that but i like starting my own threads its more personable to me.....but i really do truly appreciate this thread you posted i have skipped by it more then once and iam very glad i took the time to read this thread so again Thank You!!!
post #120 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-23-2012, 08:24 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Garage
Just read this post, and I wanna say that this site is the LEAST littered site I have ever seen as far as flaming and bs posts go. I have been on other sites where someone asks a question and for like 5 pages following that, people talk smack and flame their asses off. In the short time I have been on, I find this site EXTREMELY informative. I mean I have been a mechanic for 10 years and I feel I know nothing compared to the regulars on here. It's quite amazing, actually. So kudos to this post, as it may have made this site one of the best forums out there. And THANKS to all who have helped on all bases.

BLUE 01 IS300-Turbo - 410 whp Mustang Dyno
Anyone selling skirts or a rear bumper w/ diffuser PM me thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page