LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-13-2008, 01:46 AM
Under House Arrest

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnights View Post
Because every car has its quirks and tricks to it, a large base of knowledgeable people is one of the most helpful things you can have. Just because you know a lot about cars doesn't mean you know everything about a specific model.
Yep that is absolutely correct
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:37 AM

I Have Been Register On This Site For Over A Year. Don't Get On Alot, Because Of A Busy Schedule. I Guess Because I Don't Have Enough Posts, I Am Still A New B. I Have An 02 Is, And Love The Car. Wouln't Drive Anything Else. But I Have To Say, I Have Been Turned Off By Some People On This Site. Before I Post, I Make Sure My Question Has Not Been Answered. I Have A Ste Of Baccarat Wheel With Toyo Zr1 Proxys I Wanted To Sell, I Tried To Contact The Administrator, About Posting Them, But I Don't Have Enough Posts. Then They Say If You Just Start Posting To Bump Up Your Score, They Will Spam You. So I Try To Find Out The Best Way To Go About It, And This Guy Won't Even Answer My Emails. I Have Sent Him 2 Already. Anybody Have Any Suggestions?? So I Can Relate To People Disrespecting New B"s
post #93 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-09-2008, 10:42 AM
Extremist

In order to post in the member sale/trade forums, you need to have 30 posts on the site. This is a measure to keep people from simply signing up and selling things right away, which could lead to scamming, since there is very little effort involved (and they don't contribute either if they don't stick around). We don't like it however, when a newbie comes on and starts bumping random old threads with random comments (and we will notice). Just stick around the site for a while and try to comment on some current threads. Add your input, toss out some ideas.

NB: don't capitalize the first letter of every word, it makes it a bit harder to read.

Have a question? Try the my.is FAQ or, if you can't find an answer there, search before posting your question (hopefully in the correct forum).

2002 IS300 5mt. MSM stock for now
Cobra Project:
FFR MKIII '65 Cobra Replicar - 427 cid V-8 (thats 7.0 liters) engine 525hp/520lb-ft torque at the flywheel (and this is in a 2200 pound car) Painted Lexus Spectra Blue Mica with GM Arctic White stripes -- now street legal

post #94 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 11:16 AM
Lurker

Well, I pretty much skipped from page one to seven of this forum because its repetitive (not a bad thing, just not what I want to read right now) and I've got a comment to make - I'm new as hell to this site. The first time I ever came on was a couple of weeks ago, and the first thing I did was post - I haven't stopped posting. I dont care if someone jumps down my throat - I simply pm them, weinsult each other and then smooth things over with sorries. Its happened a few times already. I completely agree with what everyone is saying about allowing newbs, like myself, a little slack - but come on, it definately aint all bad. this site is awesome!!!
post #95 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 11:18 AM
Lurker

newbie.....maybe the problem is the fact that the label "newbie" sounds like some kind of munchkin. They should just call us munchkins. or bloobers. or pepe's. no respect i tell ya, no respect.
post #96 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 11:58 AM
My.is Captain Kangaroo

Location: With Jerry, Elaine, George, and Kramer at the Coffee Shop.
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I'm glad this is being said to all of us.

Honestly, I've been one of those members giving a sarcastic response or telling a newbie to search when they need to just get the feel of the place. But in all honesty, who hasn't?

There newbies, what do you expect. If you have nothing 'informational' to respond about in a thread. Then leave your 0.02 out.

This forum does not need this.

The new guys need to be respected or weather they have hopes of owning a Lex, or recently have. And we are here to welcome them. Not scare them away.

So on behalf of my mistakes. I apolozize. And +rep to the thread starter.

©2006 my.IS

'02 Lexus IS300 MSM 5AT LSD - RIP
'08 Chevy Silverado 4x4 LS2 Swap - SOLD
'13 Subaru BRZ Limited 6 Spd - SOLD
'11 Mercedes-Benz E350 Black - SOLD
'07 Porsche Cayman S 6spd - SOLD
'03 Corvette Z06 - FOR SALE
'09 Lexus ISF - NEXT :)

"I don't always drive cars, but when I do. I prefer the IS300. Stay in third gear my friends."
post #97 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-24-2008, 12:06 PM
Follower

freakin noobs. screwing it all up for everyone else........ggggeeeeeeeezzzzzzz

"Just remember dude...when your driving...1 gear, 2 gear, red gear, blue gear"
post #98 of 135 (permalink) Old 08-17-2008, 09:33 PM

Plus Rep to the thread starter. Oh and think about this. Just because someone is a newb to this forum means they are new to the is300, lexus, the 2JZ or cars period?????? No so maybe people on the forum should think about that b4 they go jumping all over someone b/c their title is new or they have a low post count.
post #99 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Frequenter

As a New person I appreciate this thread and wish people would re-read it every once in a while. I have only been on here a few weeks and am a New IS owner. So far I have received more Rude unneeded replies then I actually have received help or advice from. While reading previous topics I see more childish replies. I'm a member of allot of other car forums and have been on them for years and I have NEVER seen so many useless replies and complete lack of respect towards new people or people asking simple easy questions that may be common sense to allot of other people.

If you see a comment or thread that has already been covered then why bother wasting your own time telling them it's already been covered? All that does it make you look like a Jerk. Allot of the threads are years old. Maybe it's time to ask some of the same questions to get NEW answers or different input.
post #100 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-05-2008, 10:16 AM
Fiend

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

I'm a newb here. Forum seems pretty typical of most automotive forums I'm a part of. Some boards have abusive admins and their population, while knowledgeable is worthless. This one doesn't seem that way. I will say there is a lot of conflicting information if you spend any time reading posts so it's easy to see how someone would put in the due diligence searching for answers only to be more confused than they started. In any case, seems like a good forum. Happy to be a part of it!
post #101 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:00 PM
Fiend

what a great post.food for the thoughts!

5-speed manual
Electric Green Mica (EGM)
ROTORA SLOTTED ROTORS
AXXIS ULTIMATE PADS
STOCK FOR NOW N/A
post #102 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 08:22 PM
Technical Poseur

Quoted: 29 Post(s)

When I joined, I read through the FAQ, Stickies and other resources before I ever asked a single question. I have yet to have "search" screamed at me...you know why? Because I found 99% of the info I needed to know by searching.

Poster, I mean poster. What have I done?
post #103 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 02:20 AM
Frequenter

I Also agree. i'm new and nobody trying to help me out. most of the time i use google and it's links me to this site and thread i needed. weird that google dose a better job than the search in here. i still havent figured out how to find people in a thread near me or in my area. i want to get a MEET together or maybe even a show/BBQ. I'll have booths and displays for people trying to trick or SUPe up their rides. i really think the rep idea is a waste of time you'll know a persons rep by the kind of info the provide or things they give to this site. Anyways not trying to talk people to death. Thanks for pointing this problem out. IS300DUAL
post #104 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-18-2009, 02:25 AM
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS300DUAL View Post
I Also agree. i'm new and nobody trying to help me out. most of the time i use google and it's links me to this site and thread i needed. weird that google dose a better job than the search in here. i still havent figured out how to find people in a thread near me or in my area. i want to get a MEET together or maybe even a show/BBQ. I'll have booths and displays for people trying to trick or SUPe up their rides. i really think the rep idea is a waste of time you'll know a persons rep by the kind of info the provide or things they give to this site. Anyways not trying to talk people to death. Thanks for pointing this problem out. IS300DUAL
Take a look in the regional forums, some are far more active than others but you might be able to get a group together for a meet.

Have a question? Try the my.is FAQ or, if you can't find an answer there, search before posting your question (hopefully in the correct forum).

2002 IS300 5mt. MSM stock for now
Cobra Project:
FFR MKIII '65 Cobra Replicar - 427 cid V-8 (thats 7.0 liters) engine 525hp/520lb-ft torque at the flywheel (and this is in a 2200 pound car) Painted Lexus Spectra Blue Mica with GM Arctic White stripes -- now street legal
post #105 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-19-2009, 04:03 AM
Lurker

Quoted: 14 Post(s)

Garage
Its funny that I'm reading this now becasue i just go slamed for -76890 Rep becasue i posted a question about Exhaust Systems and im the newest one in this thread. It was just a simple question and the reason for that question is because I'm currently in Afghanistan and I don't have the pleasure to be on a computer every day like some other people who live there life in front of it. Its easier for me to ask a 5min question then spend time I don't have available looking for something. I mainly get on the computer to talk to family but that day and like today I'm using 5 minutes from my 30min allowed to use the MWR (military rec center) to get some information, some was good and thanks them for helping. Like windex who was the only one that actually put something I can use. I was looking at your All Members Read This Now!!! Newb Or Not!!! thread and I found something interesting "also, if there's a newb asking a legit question...treat them with a little more respect. be nice...unless of course they're rude too...then go flame for all I care."and "when I go into a new forum, I expect people to treat me nice and not jump down my throat...so please don't do the same here...PLEASE." But its ok thanks for your help windex and when I can find more time after convoys I will search what I need to find even though the seach is not to helpful. Have a good day.........

Graphite Gray Pearl IS300 (stock for now)

Last edited by montypr20; 04-19-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page