User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'll be honest, My.IS has gone to shit. I never even sign on anymore and when I do I rarely post. Take the inside and out forum for example, I mean I love looking at pics of what everybody has done to make their IS unique but starting a new thread every couple of days with just one picture each is plain stupid. how about once every 6 months? just because I wash my car every 3 days doesnt mean I need to go out and take a pic then post a thread saying "I washed my car today!!!" is that really that important? does anybody learn anything from it? this forum is meant to be a tool for learning, not showing off or talking shit. I think someone should come up with a "blocker" when starting post. I'm not real sure how to explain it but kind of like if you type in 3 or more words that match a previous it shouldnt let you post, it should show you the matching threads and if you still cant find what you want then you can post. just my opinion. I would really like to see this forum go back to what it used to be, a lot of helpful people are leaving and once they're all gone theres going to be no point in the forum.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 11:16 PM

i am brand new(signed up 4 hours ago) i know that i have asked a question that has been asked by about every noob but i want the question answered with my needs in mind so i started my own thread. i havent even picked up my 300 yet and i would hate to think that IS owners are a bunch of a#* holes that would just make me leave the site and not look back. i registered because a friend told me that this was the best site on the web for IS owners.
post #78 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 12:42 AM
Lurker

Well. I must say this thread is very interesting.

I think basically the biggest problem is the search. With the 1,736,726,023 threads on this site, it's hard to come by sound advice without reading for 18 hours str8.

People think that because they have 15,000 posts, or or 10 red boxes in their rep, they are some how above everyone else. Which is rediculous. Like some one else mentioned, regardless of what a website/forum is about, you want new people...period! When new people don't feel welcome, say goodbye, cause they aint commin back. You don't even have to be the person that own's the website (makes all the money), to want new people to join. This is about comming together because we all love the SAME car.

You would be surprised what some N0oBs may know about YOUR car, that YOU DON'T...Mr. I have 50 million posts and 23 red boxes. So when he asks a question that may be obvious, or already discussed...just give a good answer to the best of your knowledge. If you wana write somthing stupid, why waste your time? Why not just hit the back button and go read another thread that you WILL be interested in, and leave dealing with the noobs up to people that WANT TO take the time to help the noobs?

The search sucks. We all know it. They always do on ALL forums, it's not just this one. Reason being is that their are so many diffrent topics per key word. Not to mention all the threads that say "should I go turbo or SC?" "shut up noob, you suck. Use the search!" Which always seems to be in the top 10 threads on the search might I add. Also, threads that are completely irrelavant. It may have started out about "what does this button do?" and turned into "well, my car is turbo, and ur's is N/A..blah blah blah." Giving that person absolutely nothing.

The point here is, if you plan on telling a noob to search, try searching it yourself first. If you happen to come up with somthing without having to go through 123 threads...just post the damn link. If it's so easy, why not help the noob out and show them how it's done?

And another thing I would like to point out here! Take the "go fast stuff" forum. If all the questions have already been answered, then why does it even exist anymore? That goes for all the forums acctually. If everyone want's to complain about repeat posts, theres pretty much nothing to talk about anymore except "which rims do you think I should get?" or "look at the pics of my new paint job". Think about THAT for a second.

And THAT'S all I have to say about THAT!

Thanks for reading this reply, have a horrible day!
And don't forget to play in traffic you mongoloid!
that was sarcasm by the way, if you coulnt tell by the smiley, so don't get all butt hurt...

Knowledge doesn’t change what is, it only changes what seems to be.

How did my rep get so low?...oh well!

post #79 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-02-2007, 12:51 AM
Lurker

Also it would only seem only right to add here, since the topic is "All members read this now! Newb or not!

There is a better way to search this site. Use Google! Here's a link to tell you how:

http://my.is/forums/f88/newbie-search-tutorial-281495/

Knowledge doesn’t change what is, it only changes what seems to be.

How did my rep get so low?...oh well!
post #80 of 135 (permalink) Old 10-03-2007, 05:52 PM
Lurker

okay, i read it and feel a part of the cause
post #81 of 135 (permalink) Old 11-28-2007, 06:52 PM
Enthusiast

When i was new to this site, i searched around quite a bit. I didn't ask stupid questions that resulted in "do a search". There's alot of info here, but u just have to search. And I still search till this day!
post #82 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM

if your friend is such a "guru" why is he depending on a forum for answers?
post #83 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 06:45 PM
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinthelexo View Post
if your friend is such a "guru" why is he depending on a forum for answers?
Because every car has its quirks and tricks to it, a large base of knowledgeable people is one of the most helpful things you can have. Just because you know a lot about cars doesn't mean you know everything about a specific model.

Have a question? Try the my.is FAQ or, if you can't find an answer there, search before posting your question (hopefully in the correct forum).

2002 IS300 5mt. MSM stock for now
Cobra Project:
FFR MKIII '65 Cobra Replicar - 427 cid V-8 (thats 7.0 liters) engine 525hp/520lb-ft torque at the flywheel (and this is in a 2200 pound car) Painted Lexus Spectra Blue Mica with GM Arctic White stripes -- now street legal
post #84 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:00 PM
Fiend

Im new to this forum and there is a few things that i don't understand. If somebody could answer that would be great. I don't really understand what is "PM" and 'bump" means..

02 Lexus IS 300
5spd, LSD, Nav.,Smoked Taillights,K&N 2 Gen IntakeRed ALTEZZA Grille, HKS axle back
Looking for Radiator Cooling Plate
Parts for sale [/COLOR]NTERIOR,DOORS, ROOF
post #85 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:18 PM
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratva4 View Post
Im new to this forum and there is a few things that i don't understand. If somebody could answer that would be great. I don't really understand what is "PM" and 'bump" means..
PM is a private message, where you can send messages to other, kinda like email, but just for the site.

Forums are usually set up to read the most recent post first, therefore on for sale threads and threads people find important, they will write something...anything to get the post back to the top of the forum so it is visible to anyone that looks inside that specific thread.

Hope that helps.

NASA PT-F/SM #938
post #86 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISZach View Post
PM is a private message, where you can send messages to other, kinda like email, but just for the site.

Forums are usually set up to read the most recent post first, therefore on for sale threads and threads people find important, they will write something...anything to get the post back to the top of the forum so it is visible to anyone that looks inside that specific thread.

Hope that helps.
Thank you!!
What about "bump" ??

02 Lexus IS 300
5spd, LSD, Nav.,Smoked Taillights,K&N 2 Gen IntakeRed ALTEZZA Grille, HKS axle back
post #87 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratva4 View Post
Thank you!!
What about "bump" ??
his second paragraph describes a bump, its just adding a post, typically to a for sale post, in order to get it displaying at the top of a forum again.

Have a question? Try the my.is FAQ or, if you can't find an answer there, search before posting your question (hopefully in the correct forum).

2002 IS300 5mt. MSM stock for now
Cobra Project:
FFR MKIII '65 Cobra Replicar - 427 cid V-8 (thats 7.0 liters) engine 525hp/520lb-ft torque at the flywheel (and this is in a 2200 pound car) Painted Lexus Spectra Blue Mica with GM Arctic White stripes -- now street legal
post #88 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-07-2008, 07:52 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by longnights View Post
his second paragraph describes a bump, its just adding a post, typically to a for sale post, in order to get it displaying at the top of a forum again.
thanks..

02 Lexus IS 300
post #89 of 135 (permalink) Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 AM
Lurker

i agree... im new here i need info for doing things to my IS correctly... then you got some cocky punks on here gettin on my case... im with you guys... its all about the IS... why are people hatin?
post #90 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2008, 08:51 PM
Patriot

Bumpity bump bump

I thought this should surface again, and not so you can just skip to the last page and read this post you are reading now, stop reading what I'm typing and go back to page one

2003 GGP IS300 manual
1986 BMW 325e
2007 Harley Davidson Nightster
XL1200N (1200cc)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page