User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 07:39 PM
Enthusiast

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'll be the first to admit, I have bashed a couple of the newer members, BUT I have also helped a couple. I dont mind helping with repeated questions because I was flamed pretty bad when I was new but read a couple of threads with flaming in them, most of the time they're asking for it. I've noticed that when you tell someone that they should search first they get all defensive and try to start acting all big and bad. theres no reason for that, just take the advice and use the search. the only reason I would flame someone would be because of that, it drives me insane. take RAspecC for example. him and I are not on good terms because the way he acts. bringing money and everything into it. and if your asking for opinions expect to get a couple that are negative. its an opinion and you asked for it. dont act all immature about it. thats just my opinion on things.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 07:56 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
Because that takes a lot of time. Also, information can become dated rather quickly as new products are released and vendors go out of business or move.

The opportunity is there for anyone who wishes to do that, they would just have to put in the time.

-Justin
Well, the specs on the coilover thread doesn't change much, and shouldn't, this way, you can compare coilovers that are NLA for comparison sake.

We've requested the coilover spec thread be stickied, but when AZNHYPNOTIQ asked, he was denied for reasons unclear to me.

I wouldn't mind spending some time in a dedicated sub-forum to organize it. I think the biggest problem is in the inside and out, where things tend to be to subjective.

You cannot expect a solid answer for which bodykit looks best.

If anything, the thread I hate most, is the often appearing "let's see" threads. I like how someone stickied the show me threads, that was brilliant.

I would volunteer myself to organize the stop drop and roll forum. We still need mods who see that there are 2 greddy lip threads, and merge them as one.

What about deleting FS threads that all items are sold and whatnot. Those are of little to no value in most instances.

Oh well. the 20sec limit sucks, but the search is good enough IMO. I have not had an instance where I couldn't find what i needed.

Nick
MMSport
ISfanatics MW Member
1st pro-efi pro48 powered IS300 Turbo. 452whp, 450tq

HellaFunctional

LC_MW008
post #63 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 08:05 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by richter View Post
i know im kinda new here, but there does seam to be a alot of negativity here. I see alot of the (for lack of a better term) burnt out older members becoming crotchity old men, and instead of spending their time trying to educate the masses would rather spend that same amount of time, if not more, griping because someone didnt use the search function. Lets face it, sure, good content was posted back in 03... but unless it has a recent post its at the bottom of the search results, sometimes on page 300 or so. so yes, you have answerd the questions before, but you also answerd them a long time before some people came here and that information is burried in the cespool of BS that seems to always float to the top....
The know-it-alls rarely post anymore because you get people like mo and tsop that CONSTANTLY go at it. That HAS to STOP. If it were up to me, I would have temporary bans for useless arguments and attacks that dilute a thread. That, combined with the fact that now the IS300 is getting cheaper to own, so younger crowds with distinctly different tastes have started to show up.

Most people here would last a week posting in some of the BMW e30 boards (the cars cost anywhere from a couple thousand), it's a very young crowd that doesn't have as much knowledge as some of us.

I work as an EE for a building automation company, and some of our clients are schools. Currently, I have an addition at a middle school, and obviously, the kids are immature, but I still find myself thinking "I can't believe I acted like that when I was in middle school."

You'd be foolish to think you knew everything before posting on the boards. The difference is, I read more, and posted less. Not the case with many newbs.

Let's bring in the temporary bans. People would argue less if all they could do is lurk for a week. There are no consequences for diluting the forums. There are some forums you can't pull that non-sense in.

Nick
MMSport
ISfanatics MW Member
1st pro-efi pro48 powered IS300 Turbo. 452whp, 450tq

HellaFunctional

LC_MW008

post #64 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-15-2007, 09:10 AM

I will go ahead and say it too. Im as noob as it gets for this site as far as posting stuff, but I have been keeping up with this site since i purchased a IS about a yr ago. As i was sitting here reading this thread I noticed a post that is a perfect example. o2blackis-sent a post in the go fast section-verifying that he's a noob to and asking a question - though a very BROAD question. The first 5 or 6 post are a bunch of smartass remarks about using the search engine and crap.

- If these people want to get on here and bash people all day, then there not helping this site become the type of forum website all u guys want it to be
-start reporting these people for bashing-

Last edited by indever44; 04-15-2007 at 09:21 AM. Reason: there a report button -im dumb
post #65 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-16-2007, 09:30 PM
Fiend

i am a new b on this site. but personaly i dont care if people make fun of me for a post i asked for help on. i do alot of research before i come here. and when i do come here and ask for some help. only a few will actually give me helpful tips and information. and for those that do i appreciate it.

i love my IS. and i do all my own work on my car, but i still would like help from other people out there.
post #66 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 09:00 PM
Lurker

i like this. one of the reasons im still here and not out there with the rest of the IS owners and getting info straight from the source was because when i first saw this, it gave off a good vibe. i saw the meets and the casual conversations and the jokes. it'll be cool if we can keep it that way and not flood forums.
i did a buncha searches on stuff like intakes and exhausts. what i found were threads telling people to go do searches -.-
so im really no one to talk, but it's kinda cool when everyone takes their ritalin and just kicks back on here
post #67 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 09:45 PM
Enthusiast

Agreed. The flaming is why I avoided this site for over a year until recently. I always try to do a search first, but so many here are quick to namecall and just be an ass in general, so I stayed away. This is a great site and a great community when we try to have a little respect for one another. I try to help out with what I can, when I have experience with something. We were all newbs at one point.

Brian Torok - Leander, TX, by way of San Diego, CA
g2usa.com/installs09.shtml
2004 IIP IS300 /// E-Shift Auto / NAV / LSD / 18" Katana ZR5's/ KNN FIPK2 / Tanabe Medallion Series Cat-back / Swift Springs / Tint / JL Audio / D&XSR / painted calipers / clear side markers / and a couple stickers...
post #68 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-30-2007, 10:27 PM
Fiend

This thread should have to be read every time you log on. My question is, will people actually do the right thing or will they continue to be idiots? This is a car forum for car enthusiasts, not for people looking to start trouble.

'02 msm IS300 E-Shift
Future 2jzgte prospect!
post #69 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:07 AM Thread Starter
Am I Hype-R???

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxracer3 View Post
This thread should have to be read every time you log on. My question is, will people actually do the right thing or will they continue to be idiots? This is a car forum for car enthusiasts, not for people looking to start trouble.
i would say ppl do this because they can...so they do it. plain and simple i guess...
post #70 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 01:52 PM
Relaxed

Isn't the idea to learn? You can learn by asking questions and by reading. The threads may not answer the question and differnt input is helpful. If you see a question repeated, don't friggin answer it! If it angers you, suck it up and move on. If you want to be nasty and show how incredibly smart you are and impress everyone with your vast expanse of knowledge by putting down novices and newbies DON'T, take a moment, get some K&N Oil and squat on a cold air intake... you need it.
Now for my question...
I have a new IS... what can i do to it????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

2003 Blk IS300/K&N Drop-in/YOKO AVS ES100 18"/Black, Ultra Compact Air Horns (Italian) - Tru Sports Car sound/More to add... I hope...
post #71 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruBuckeyeFan View Post
Isn't the idea to learn? You can learn by asking questions and by reading. The threads may not answer the question and differnt input is helpful. If you see a question repeated, don't friggin answer it! If it angers you, suck it up and move on. If you want to be nasty and show how incredibly smart you are and impress everyone with your vast expanse of knowledge by putting down novices and newbies DON'T, take a moment, get some K&N Oil and squat on a cold air intake... you need it.
Now for my question...
I have a new IS... what can i do to it????
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Editted to not hurt feelings.

More horsepower than the Amish Furniture Store.
post #72 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 01:25 PM
Relaxed

I should have edited the typos, sorry...
As long as you get what I mean.
I am here to learn. You can try all you want to tear me a new one if a I ask a question that has already been asked, but no chance...
I know I lack knowlegde on cars and IS300's... I laugh at it.
So in the idle banter of some responses I can dig out some good info.

2003 Blk IS300/K&N Drop-in/YOKO AVS ES100 18"/Black, Ultra Compact Air Horns (Italian) - Tru Sports Car sound/More to add... I hope...
post #73 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-11-2007, 07:57 PM
Frequenter

awe inspiring and oh so beautiful, I love it!
post #74 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 09:31 AM
Deity

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Garage
^^^ what he said

I agree with what was said, but how many threads do we need on "can I swap a GTE motor into my IS" or "what intake should I use"...I think that there should be a beginning tutorial or something that they HAVE TO READ before they start posting (not like a sticky that says newbs read this) that shows them how to search and that there are very few topics that havent been covered. Im just throwin ideas out there, but I'll start being nice

©2006 my.IS

2013 Focus ST
post #75 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 11:03 AM
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by lextasyis300 View Post
^^^ what he said

I agree with what was said, but how many threads do we need on "can I swap a GTE motor into my IS" or "what intake should I use"...I think that there should be a beginning tutorial or something that they HAVE TO READ before they start posting (not like a sticky that says newbs read this) that shows them how to search and that there are very few topics that havent been covered. Im just throwin ideas out there, but I'll start being nice

In a matter of like 3-4 days, there were about 4 members with titles of threads saying "New, how can i modify my car"

And the body of the thread was asking what can be done to a car to make it faster. Isn't this covered in like reading stupid street or something?

More horsepower than the Amish Furniture Store.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page