LinkBack Thread Tools
post #46 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blk02is300 View Post
im glad that someone finally said something because i use this website for info i need to install things on my car and to look at other peoples mod and see what i like. when i started posting i just got the "search button" crap or some stupid ass comment. hope to find more good info
This is true there are also lots of members who just want to be noticed so they post just to post.

2002 Absolutely Red 5-speed, wald , srt, jic, apexi, KEYS RACING, SRT
WORK MEISTER S1 (f)19x9+42(r)19x10.5+36
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 10:50 AM
\/ Awesome \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
I don't understand the whole 'Do a search' mentality. If it's that easy to do the search and find the thread with the information, it seems only the polite thing to do to post a link to the right thread when telling someone to search.

-Justin
Agreed, I think that there should be a forum rule that says you need to post a link to the information requested by the person before flaming. If they choose to not read/ignore the information that you were so nice to give them then it's -rep time...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPoop View Post
This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.
post #48 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 11:31 AM
Enthusiast

I like helping the noobs, makes me feel good. I do not like helping dumbasses and noobs who ask a question when there is an identical thread on the same page.

post #49 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:24 PM
Master Troll

I was going to post a suggestion on the thread, then realized that i already did, almost 4 years ago. (05-19-2003, 02:32 PM)

What's amazing to me is that in 4 years, the search hasn't gotten any better. is there any reason that a google sitesearch hasn't been hooked up instead of the crappy thing that's here?

when i want to search, i don't do it here, with the crazy "you must wait 20 seconds before you search" thing. i got 0 results the first time, you better believe i'm going to search again!

I just search the site using google, using the "site" keyword, like:

site:my.is "dyno tuning" -srt

(http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...tuning%22+-srt)

will find you things at site = "my.is" containing "dyno tuning" and NOT containing "srt".

Results 1 - 10 of about 66 from my.is for "dyno tuning" -srt. (0.25 seconds)

thats a lot more useful than the search here. I used that example because i think a previous post had something about someone searching for dyno tuning and 95% of the crap was about SRT.

Listing mods is over-rated. And so are some of the mods! - After 5 years and 467 posts, a mod tells me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by my.IS user's guide
Outside Links - Only links to pages within my.IS are allowed in signatures. Link to your profile, gallery or an article. Outside links are allowed in the profile under the "homepage" field.
post #50 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 03:26 AM
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMKIV View Post
i'm bumping this for old times sake and i've seen a lot of BS going around lately too...
Jesus this thread is old..

I dont understand.....

I hardly post in this forum b/c it is so much garbage, why dont you just delete this crap?

How many times must the same questions be answered?

How many peoples opinions could possibly be needed?

How low must the IS's resale go before morons just flood through the gates and air bags and lime pearl paint become acceptable modifications?

I dont know the answers to any of these questions, my only question is...

Why hasn't someone stepped up and collected media, pictures, and the like and organized them into appropiate catagories(like John tried to do with his parts list) so that new members had at hand the information most requested?

----467rwhp IS300 -sold----
---402rwhp CTS-V-sold---
--321rwhp M3 vert-sold--
-429rwhp e92 335i- 538rwhp CLS55 -
post #51 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 06:36 AM
Black Hole

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by is300cb View Post
Why hasn't someone stepped up and collected media, pictures, and the like and organized them into appropiate catagories(like John tried to do with his parts list) so that new members had at hand the information most requested?
Because that takes a lot of time. Also, information can become dated rather quickly as new products are released and vendors go out of business or move.

The opportunity is there for anyone who wishes to do that, they would just have to put in the time.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
post #52 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 09:28 AM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgy View Post
Hmmmmmmm........

I don't really understand why anyone would be "afraid" to post anything here.. if some dickheads here give you sh!t... SO WHAT? r u all so frail that a few bytes of rudeness, stupidity & unhelpfulness will put you back in your shell???

Assholes are everywhere.... better get used to it or it will be a REAL hard adjustment to life in the REAL world where assholes can be that way in PERSON, not behind a screen name or keyboard

We all have posted a snappy retort to someone who has posted a lame Q or is just being stoopid... but in the end it's just crap on a screen no one should be hurt & offended & afraid of the backlash.... fhuck them...post up.

I am NOT condoning this behaviour in any way, but untill some people grow up we will have to take the good with the bad & overall this site provides more good than bad for the members here even with a bunch of snot nosed punks ruining it & giving us a bad name...

There are a bunch of snide dicks here more so than other sites for SOME reason...? some are dicks ALL the time & some are snotty only on a bad day or what ever.. .Some are even the Moderators too..!? :shame:

Mods SHOULD set the example for the rest of the members.

I acknowledge that it is a pain to wade thru all the stoopid responses that often get posted up... & I hope as the avg .net member GROWS FHUCKING UP a little bit... they will see the error of their ways begin to look outside their little jacked up world & develop some proper, decent social skills.. we'll see...

Several of the members here are (or SEEM TO BE) snotty rich punkass kids who's mommies & daddies bought them a super nice freaking car at 16 or LESS instead of giving them a little more attention & love,... & these weenies take their unfulfilled life issues & personal frustrations out here & act like assholes & DEFINITELY give the site a BAD rep... not much you can do about that but set the better example & take the higher road as much as possible...

I will do MY part to help bring up the over all level of support here for my fellow member & all newbs too i hope more of us can join in..

BUT...but I DO reserve the right to SLAM that buttwipe IS300er as many times as needed untill HE pull his head outta his ASS or grows the hell up.

Edge

Agreed with most everything said. One of my other vehicles uses a mailing list for information, it is the most technically minded source of information that i can find for any single make of road going car on the net. The newbies do not come on looking for quick answers, they do more themselves, they do research, and look around before asking a question.

Too many people are lazy. That is what it comes down to. You have a dozen or so people doing the work for the rest of the group. These are the people engineering the parts, solving the problems and what not. Then you have the rest of the people asking how to install and intake or which intake is better instead of talking about engineering parts that aren't produced...etc. Items like "help me decide which exhaust" wear on you when you are in a technical forum rather than a newbie forum.

It becomes frustrating for people trying to develop the newest stuff to break into the next step of NA performance to have new people coming spouting off stuff they do not know instead of sitting back and listening. It is not a problem with the existing members, it is a problem with the new ones. I am by no means a veteran compared to some people, but when i know something, i can fully discuss it instead of google searching for answers from another forum filled with hacks.

Maybe there should be sub sections. Ones for general questions of NA performance and one that is a technical forum. Figuring out which greddy exhaust is sold where for how much is a matter of a general question. Talking about header design, intake design, cam timing and phasing and other intricacies that need to be explored are technical rather than picking up a parts catalog. Using your brain vs not using your brain. That is where the problem comes in.

I have asked on occasion to a few members if there are places where technical and engineering type of IS300 questions can be proposed and thoroughly examined, with no avail, i love the site, but it gets frustrating when misinformation is given out.

So in conclusion, use the search function.

More horsepower than the Amish Furniture Store.
post #53 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Altruist

i know im kinda new here, but there does seam to be a alot of negativity here. I see alot of the (for lack of a better term) burnt out older members becoming crotchity old men, and instead of spending their time trying to educate the masses would rather spend that same amount of time, if not more, griping because someone didnt use the search function. Lets face it, sure, good content was posted back in 03... but unless it has a recent post its at the bottom of the search results, sometimes on page 300 or so. so yes, you have answerd the questions before, but you also answerd them a long time before some people came here and that information is burried in the cespool of BS that seems to always float to the top....

From my expierence with sorting threw 3 pages of threads that were returned as a result and read countless posts that held absolutly no bearing on what i was looking for i have come to the point where i really dont bother searching unless its something i know SHOULD have been asked about 10000 times. like earlier, i was trying to figure out how to disable the VSM on the 02+ autos. Sure, it took me about 5 searches to come close to what i was actualy looking for, but it did happen. Not as fast as i would have anticipated, but none the less the search feature did work... after i reworded the search string about 5 times.

I have an idea, threds that do have good content on a certain subject, ie dyno numbers for certain exhausts, who makes the stiffest sways, best ride quality for what suspension setup vs best handleing, etc can we get the thred starter to edit the title of the thred to reflect this? or maybe a helpful moderator could? it would make the search feature alot more user friendly, seeings how the thread title pretty much desides whether i am going to waste the time looking threw 100 posts of drivel. just a suggestion...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazdaspeed View Post
unsuccessful troll is unsuccessful.
post #54 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Am I Hype-R???

it does take a lot of time to moderate and we do this on our own free time...i see a lot of good suggestions and there are things we could do but like was said earlier, it takes time...for now we just need to try to control the comments and the BS...

if you have something to contribute, great...if not, don't just post useless banter. if we keep doing that, then we'll have more and more ppl not wanting to visit the site.
post #55 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 01:19 PM
Loyalist

i could not agree more. i like this site but i was treated rudely when i first joined and it was a turn off. but i just chilled and ignored the forum nazi's. i just dont understand... if you feel the tread is such a waste of your time then why waste your time replying with a smart a$$ comment. lets keep people coming here. and big ups to the starter of this thread. +rep for you sir!

LEXUS / LSD / VOLK / GREDDY / SRT / TEIN / PLP / TRD / VIS / MM SPORT

"Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder"
post #56 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Addict

I totally agree. I dont post much on here anymore because of all the rude people. This forum isnt as good as it used to be...

03' IBP 5-Speed
post #57 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Loyalist

Quoted: 5 Post(s)

I agree so much to the original post. Folks should tone all the nonsense bs and leave all that in the parking lot section. This community was simply made to help each other out. It should be kept this way.

I'm new here, but I already sense the hostility everytime someone new posts.

2002 Graphite Grey Pearl Under Contruction Since 2006 LOL
post #58 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 04:20 PM
\/ Awesome \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMKIV View Post
it does take a lot of time to moderate and we do this on our own free time...i see a lot of good suggestions and there are things we could do but like was said earlier, it takes time...for now we just need to try to control the comments and the BS...

if you have something to contribute, great...if not, don't just post useless banter. if we keep doing that, then we'll have more and more ppl not wanting to visit the site.
If you need a mod for the mobiletronics section I know just the man

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPoop View Post
This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.
post #59 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
Am I Hype-R???

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
If you need a mod for the mobiletronics section I know just the man
send an email to tony...he's the main guy here. i'm just a reg mod (and only for this forum) so i really don't have that much pull here...
post #60 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-03-2007, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Am I Hype-R???

i'm gunna make this a sticky for a bit...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page