User Tag List

1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-17-2004, 09:52 PM
Addict

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

What everybody's said here is valid...and I've got a lot of good help on my questions, some of you all seem to have ignored the original post on this thread about not saying stuff like ^^yea what he said, because I read through this, and read the same information about 8 times. In all seriousness, I love this community, and I've visited it for almost a year. It is a great fountain of knowledge, and cheers to all the work that is done maintaining this site. All you IS-savvy people, keep the good info coming!!!!

Still Learning...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-19-2004, 10:28 AM
Follower

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMKIV
Quote:
Originally Posted by luke722
I mean, isn't that why we're really here...to help each other? 8)
i like to think so...
I'm here to learn, and that's all I'm interested. But from time to time I ask a question that "seems" similar to a FAQ and get flammed with "noob" remarks..

I've actually been reading this site since it first started, but didn't register and post until I bought an IS last year... Also, I don't post much because there are many people that have much greater knowledge than me so I have very little to offer. My posts are often about pointing others the info that they're looking for, because sometimes people asks questions that interest me as well as I learn more about my car.

Some people treat this forum as "their territory". If a noob comes a long and has a certain opinion/taste that them "vetran members" don't agree with, they think they have to right to insult the noobs. It's sad...

cheers

2011 A4 2.0QT S-Line 6MT
2001 TT 180 QT 5MT (Sold)
2003 IS300 RWD 5MT (Sold)
2007 IS250 RWD 6MT (Sold)
post #33 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-29-2004, 09:58 AM Thread Starter
Am I Hype-R???

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i'm not as active as i used to be due to the heavy workload i've been seeing at my job...but from now on, if i see stupid posts, posts that make no sense or a post that contributes nothing, i think i'm going to start deleting them...

"John Hwang" (8:05:05 AM): i have my left hand
"John Hwang" (8:05:07 AM): and my right
"John Hwang" (8:05:10 AM): best gfs in the world

post #34 of 135 (permalink) Old 02-12-2004, 08:10 AM
Lurker

NEW B

WORD UP!

*edit*

i was about to delete this one, but i'll let you slide on this...
post #35 of 135 (permalink) Old 08-19-2004, 08:14 PM
Lurker

bump
post #36 of 135 (permalink) Old 09-12-2004, 10:55 AM
Lurker

Im a Newbie too, I like this post a lot. thank u guys for been patient and suported with the newbies.

So far no complains about this site, it had help me alot to learn about my car, I thank u all.

Thanks.

-Sosa-
post #37 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 01:50 AM Thread Starter
Am I Hype-R???

i'm bumping this for old times sake and i've seen a lot of BS going around lately too...
post #38 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:54 AM
Enthusiast

that is true, is there anyway to could somewhat start over? like deleting old pointless threads and merging threads that actually help together then stickied for quick reference. I hate using the search, I'll get 20 threads on the same topic but only like 3 or 4 of them actually help me. Its pretty rediculous IMO.
post #39 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Extremist

man this thread is an eye opener. i mean we were all newbs at one point looking for advice. ppl join this forum for someone to help them out. and i know there is something anyone can contribute.

-MikE
R.I.P. Alex & JR

2004 IIP IS300 "Stock"
2005 Mercedes Benz E55 AMG "The Mountain Mover" **Sold**
2007 GPW Honda S2000 **Sold**
2006 BB Honda S2000 "SCCA Build"

Midnight Modify
post #40 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:17 AM
\/ Awesome \/

I usually try to help out where I can, especially in the Mobiletronics section since that is the area I know the most about. I don't mind so much when people ask legit questions, even when they have been asked millions of times before (yeah in my short time at this site). I actually enjoy helping them because I remember when I did my entire stereo system in my car and was lost at the beginning. So I for one know how good it feels to get the EXACT answer you need

What really gets to me is when someone gets on here and types something close to the following...
"Yo sup boyz, I wuz gonna start modin muh IS300 and I want TONS of hp! I hurd tha SRT intake is mad cool yo and fronts like 50hp...wha chall think?!?!"

Thats when I just want to kill people like that. I don't ever really flame people but I refuse to help the ignorant. My only hope is that people like that crash their IS300 soon so they don't give the rest of us a bad name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPoop View Post
This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.
post #41 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:23 AM
Black Hole

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Please send the newbs to the PL. We're hungry.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
post #42 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:25 AM
Follower

im glad that someone finally said something because i use this website for info i need to install things on my car and to look at other peoples mod and see what i like. when i started posting i just got the "search button" crap or some stupid ass comment. hope to find more good info

Current-2008 Smoky Granite Mica IS350 F-Sport Intake

SOLD-2002 Onyx Black Lexus IS300
Tanabe Medallion Hyper/35% Tints/AAC Black Chrome 10k halos/Trd CF grille/Black Calipers/JVC/Kicker/Eclipse/Prokit/Bilstein/OBX headers
post #43 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 AM
\/ Awesome \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b View Post
Please send the newbs to the PL. We're hungry.

-Justin
Will do...I can see it now

Noob- "I want more power, what should I do?"
Me--- "I think you should go to the parking lot section, ask for Justin"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJPoop View Post
This is the future of engine technology. There is a replacement for displacement, and it's called efficiency.
post #44 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:47 AM
Addict

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItalynStylion View Post
I usually try to help out where I can, especially in the Mobiletronics section since that is the area I know the most about. I don't mind so much when people ask legit questions, even when they have been asked millions of times before (yeah in my short time at this site). I actually enjoy helping them because I remember when I did my entire stereo system in my car and was lost at the beginning. So I for one know how good it feels to get the EXACT answer you need

What really gets to me is when someone gets on here and types something close to the following...
"Yo sup boyz, I wuz gonna start modin muh IS300 and I want TONS of hp! I hurd tha SRT intake is mad cool yo and fronts like 50hp...wha chall think?!?!"

Thats when I just want to kill people like that. I don't ever really flame people but I refuse to help the ignorant. My only hope is that people like that crash their IS300 soon so they don't give the rest of us a bad name.
lol!!! i just think the majority of of the newbies are kids......and that brings down the maturity level of the site. when i first joined, i used to read some post on people getting flamed like crazy. i ddidnt start posting officially untill late last year. its just really sad.im a very strong minded individual, so im in no way "crying"....but on the other hand i thought this was IS300.NET... a lexus website. if i wanted to read immaturity, i would go to the honda acura forums. i know alot of the kids on here have upgraded from the honda acura camp to an IS300, but god damn...act like you drive a lexus, not a riced out civic. its all about maturity. ive personally known people who has sold or upgraded there lexus because they did not want to be associated with the new crowd of immature new lexus owners who want 50 horsepower out of an intake, or "i made more power in my civic with a type r swap". all in all, its the reallity of things. im sure people will be offended by this, but its the truth.

2002 Custom pearl Yellow IS300 turbo SOLD
1994 Toyota Supra 6spd// New Toy
Built by Induction Performance
Tuned by Alpha 825whp@31 psi
2013 Ford Eplorer Limited// Daily Driver
post #45 of 135 (permalink) Old 04-02-2007, 09:52 AM
Black Hole

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I don't understand the whole 'Do a search' mentality. If it's that easy to do the search and find the thread with the information, it seems only the polite thing to do to post a link to the right thread when telling someone to search.

-Justin

Cunt. Cunt. Cunt.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page