1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 135 (permalink) Old 05-30-2003, 07:45 PM
Guru of Supercharged ISs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Hmmmmmmm........

I don't really understand why anyone would be "afraid" to post anything here.. if some dickheads here give you sh!t... SO WHAT? r u all so frail that a few bytes of rudeness, stupidity & unhelpfulness will put you back in your shell???

Assholes are everywhere.... better get used to it or it will be a REAL hard adjustment to life in the REAL world where assholes can be that way in PERSON, not behind a screen name or keyboard

We all have posted a snappy retort to someone who has posted a lame Q or is just being stoopid... but in the end it's just crap on a screen no one should be hurt & offended & afraid of the backlash.... fhuck them...post up.

I am NOT condoning this behaviour in any way, but untill some people grow up we will have to take the good with the bad & overall this site provides more good than bad for the members here even with a bunch of snot nosed punks ruining it & giving us a bad name...

There are a bunch of snide dicks here more so than other sites for SOME reason...? some are dicks ALL the time & some are snotty only on a bad day or what ever.. .Some are even the Moderators too..!? :shame:

Mods SHOULD set the example for the rest of the members.

I acknowledge that it is a pain to wade thru all the stoopid responses that often get posted up... & I hope as the avg .net member GROWS FHUCKING UP a little bit... they will see the error of their ways begin to look outside their little jacked up world & develop some proper, decent social skills.. we'll see...

Several of the members here are (or SEEM TO BE) snotty rich punkass kids who's mommies & daddies bought them a super nice freaking car at 16 or LESS instead of giving them a little more attention & love,... & these weenies take their unfulfilled life issues & personal frustrations out here & act like assholes & DEFINITELY give the site a BAD rep... not much you can do about that but set the better example & take the higher road as much as possible...

I will do MY part to help bring up the over all level of support here for my fellow member & all newbs too i hope more of us can join in..

BUT...but I DO reserve the right to SLAM that buttwipe IS300er as many times as needed untill HE pull his head outta his ASS or grows the hell up.

Edge
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-06-2003, 06:23 PM

I can't agree with you more. When I first registered and asked a question forbidden to be asked in open forum, becasue I wasn't aware of the search, I got my ass chewed out and it started quite to-do. Bottom line is I felt uncomfortable askng anything else. All that happened was that I got into a pissing contest and talked shit to the others that were rude to me. Thanks for bringing this up and I respect the way you wrote the post.
post #18 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 02:29 PM
Lurker

hmm

post #19 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-08-2003, 09:43 PM

I'm a "New B" to this site and it happens this is the first post I've opened and read. Thanks for the heads up and consideration for the new folks joining.

From a 99' Altezza Owner
Jimpn
post #20 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-09-2003, 09:33 AM
Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpn
I'm a "New B" to this site and it happens this is the first post I've opened and read. Thanks for the heads up and consideration for the new folks joining.

From a 99' Altezza Owner
Jimpn
Sweet a true JDM owner here, welcome to the site....

2002 Turbo IS300 ~ 6spd ~ 659rwhp 562rwtq 30psi ~ cast iron mani medium boost

To Boost or Not to Boost.... That's not the question. The question is do you
have enough Captial to fund your decision.....

Still the 1st IS300 Owner to realize mo is a complete idiot...
post #21 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-15-2003, 06:54 PM
Interior Handling Expert

I also commited the "sin" of asking about What people thought was the best body kit for the money when I first registered.

I got flamed with pictures of people doing dumb things and also received so many "Do a search" that I was hesitant to ask anything again. :noway:

What I don't understand is that most of the time it would take just as much time to answer the questions than to write "Do a search dumbass!" and post a picture.

When I see a question that I know has already been answered, instead of flamin' the guy, I do the search and post the URL for the member.

I mean, isn't that why we're really here...to help each other? 8)
post #22 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-16-2003, 01:56 PM Thread Starter
Am I Hype-R???

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by luke722
I mean, isn't that why we're really here...to help each other? 8)
i like to think so...

"John Hwang" (8:05:05 AM): i have my left hand
"John Hwang" (8:05:07 AM): and my right
"John Hwang" (8:05:10 AM): best gfs in the world
post #23 of 135 (permalink) Old 06-23-2003, 09:14 PM
Lurker

Well, I always do a search first to see if I can find relevent info. But sometimes when a newb asks a question, they get flamed way too hard. Anyway, back to working on my car....
post #24 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 02:19 PM

I think most of these problems could be resolved with a better categorization of the topic. For instance, in Go Fast Stuff I would like to see some sub-categorization that includes: intakes, exhausts, superchargers, turbochargers, ecu, etc. This would allow for focused groups of discussions and refinement of search results.

Another way to clear this up is to move or link improtant threads to a thread for newbies. If there is a good discussion about supercharger vs turbocharger, an admin should link it to a newbie thread.

Just some suggestions.

Since this is my second post in the last year, you can see I am lurker
post #25 of 135 (permalink) Old 07-07-2003, 02:23 PM
Altruist

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsomatic
I think most of these problems could be resolved with a better categorization of the topic. For instance, in Go Fast Stuff I would like to see some sub-categorization that includes: intakes, exhausts, superchargers, turbochargers, ecu, etc. This would allow for focused groups of discussions and refinement of search results.

Another way to clear this up is to move or link improtant threads to a thread for newbies. If there is a good discussion about supercharger vs turbocharger, an admin should link it to a newbie thread.

Just some suggestions.

Since this is my second post in the last year, you can see I am lurker

That is a very valid point, I will discuss this w/ the Owners of this site...

Thank you for your imput...

2002 Turbo IS300 ~ 6spd ~ 659rwhp 562rwtq 30psi ~ cast iron mani medium boost

To Boost or Not to Boost.... That's not the question. The question is do you
have enough Captial to fund your decision.....

Still the 1st IS300 Owner to realize mo is a complete idiot...
post #26 of 135 (permalink) Old 08-17-2003, 01:55 AM
Lurker

boost

I'm a new bie that is changing from a super chared integra that ran13.3 @106,so I now a little bit about cars and now I want to try a tubro kit for an IS . I will need some help.it looks like two kit are reputable thank for the info, but when it comes to the hard stuff I will need some help but right now I'm learning. bottom line don't treat the newbies to bad you might need are help when we have 7000 post thank you very much jasin.
post #27 of 135 (permalink) Old 09-09-2003, 12:50 PM
Extremist

On the subject of what is covered in this forum, I say about 80% of it is TUNER'S WAR!!!! One out of every three posts I see in here goes into a 5 or 10 page battle between PFS and SRT. I think they should have their own forums!!! Turbo vs. Supercharger, sure. best intake/exhaust, sure. These can be made stickys. The Tuner Battle is the biggest thing going on right now and the biggest waste of space. There should be an entire forum or a sticky comparing ALL the tuners products and pricing, and that's it. Other people should ask their questions freely about certain tuners if they want.

Just my $.02
post #28 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Aficionado

Search just comes up with hundreds of garbage hits. How do you narrow it down?
post #29 of 135 (permalink) Old 12-15-2003, 08:59 AM Thread Starter
Am I Hype-R???

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by is300sam2002
Search just comes up with hundreds of garbage hits. How do you narrow it down?
use more specific words.

for example, turbo will pull up tons right??? how about turbo performance, or turbo kit, turbo problems, etc...basically like using a search engine on the internet...

hope this helps a little...

"John Hwang" (8:05:05 AM): i have my left hand
"John Hwang" (8:05:07 AM): and my right
"John Hwang" (8:05:10 AM): best gfs in the world
post #30 of 135 (permalink) Old 01-13-2004, 08:38 AM
Latex salesman

Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Ditto!

I couldn't agree more. I am a new person to this site...just joined about 30 minutes ago. I'm also a huge NY Giants fan and I frequent a similar forum on the Giants website called the Corner Forum. It's sad when people jump on other folks for asking legitimate questions whether they're "intelligent" or not. This is a great site. Let's take care of eachother.

Mayo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > Go Fast Stuff

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page