VSC, Engine, and Traction Control light ON - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2006, 09:54 AM   #1 (permalink)

RML700 is an unknown at this point
VSC, Engine, and Traction Control light ON

Hey I'm new the My.IS and just want to say hello to everyone here.

I had my "Check VSC", Engine light, and Traction light come on. I went to the lexus service department in westminster to see what the problem was. It took 2 weeks to finally find what was wrong. First they said I had an emission leak, but when they couldn't find it they said that I had to replace charcoal canister. When they replaced the charcoal canister and my piping it still didn't fix the problem and finally they found something called a C-ring, not too sure what that is, near my gas cap was cracked and letting out fumes...

Has anyone had this kind of problem with their is350 o_O?
RML700 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2006, 10:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
Crester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community member
So... is the problem fixed already?
Crester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-20-2006, 11:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

RML700 is an unknown at this point
yeah, the problem has been fixed and so far it hasnt come up again.
RML700 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-20-2006, 11:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Geezer

my.IS Supporter 2006 ToyDrive Participant Poker Tournament Player
bartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community memberbartkat is an elite community member
Yeah, the same thing will happen if you don't put your gas cap on tight after filling up.

Sometimes people put on intakes and don't hook up the little vent lines properly and get into the same problems.

It all has to do with the fuel evaporation control system.
bartkat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-21-2006, 10:45 AM   #5 (permalink)

king1999 is an unknown at this point
bartkat is right. i take it your car have not been hit in the back cause sometime you crack your Evap system in the back of your trunk. or if you have hook up wrong or remove the intake the system will malfunction. however it will cut the Evap system out so you could drive your car. they should not have charge you for any part since this is a known problem with lexus, is 300, is250. All the have to do is reconfigure or reset the Evap system by itself while your engine is running. if you have any problem with your lex ei. parts,services , im in westminster.
king1999 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-16-2009, 12:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Metal Lord is an unknown at this point
I have a 2008 IS 250 and I too have had my "Check VSC", Engine light, and Traction light" come on. Took it to the dealer and they want to replace the transmission but the car drives fine. They seem to think it has over heated and the A & D solinoids that are responsible for shifting are frozen due them being damaged from a loss of fluid. The car has never dripped or leaked anything.

I think it may be an instrumentation issue but they are supposed to be the experts. I don't want that kind of work performed on my car if it is not necessary even if it is under warranty.

Anyone else hear of or experience this?
Metal Lord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-16-2009, 12:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
Crester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community memberCrester is an elite community member
Why don't you try taking it to other dealers and seeing what they say?

2001 IS300 MSM | EIBACH | BORLA | FIGS | VALEO | PIONEER | JOE Z | EAGLE F1 GS-D3 | LSD | STOPTECH | BILSTEIN | AFE POWER | POWERSLOT | 5000K | OZ ULTRALEGGERA | HARD RACE
Crester is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-16-2009, 08:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Metal Lord is an unknown at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crester View Post
Why don't you try taking it to other dealers and seeing what they say?
That is my next move. Also thinking about taking it to a non Lexus place and getting their opinion.
Metal Lord is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-10-2009, 08:44 AM   #9 (permalink)

doubledawg is an unknown at this point
I had this problem several times. All the lights would come on and the car would be misfiring. Started at about 45K on my 2006. They said valve springs/covers were getting carbon buildup, and that they replaced them. Problem happened again a few months later, the misfiring and shaking car was not a good feeling. This time, they kept it 2 weeks, told me they couldnt get the symptoms to repeat and that it was likely a "stray piece of carbon" that didn't get cleaned out last time. Happened again a few months later, this time they said they replaced the valves. Hasn't happened since, but I'm not feeling good about the long term.
doubledawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-03-2009, 10:48 PM   #10 (permalink)

PJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community memberPJStyles is an elite community member
I've had the exact same issues except when my check engine light comes on, it flashes on and off and the display says "Check VSC". The problem I'm having is that after I turn the car off and back on again, the warning lights are all gone and the car is back to normal without registering any error codes in the car's computer.

So when I take it to the dealership, they can't find anything wrong with it because there are no error codes and they can't reproduce it. It only seems to happen 2 times a month or so but it's extremely frustrating.

My warranty is good until 60,000km's I believe and the car has 46,000km's. I want this fixed before the warranty is up. Any suggestions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubledawg View Post
I had this problem several times. All the lights would come on and the car would be misfiring. Started at about 45K on my 2006. They said valve springs/covers were getting carbon buildup, and that they replaced them. Problem happened again a few months later, the misfiring and shaking car was not a good feeling. This time, they kept it 2 weeks, told me they couldnt get the symptoms to repeat and that it was likely a "stray piece of carbon" that didn't get cleaned out last time. Happened again a few months later, this time they said they replaced the valves. Hasn't happened since, but I'm not feeling good about the long term.
PJStyles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-01-2009, 11:17 AM   #11 (permalink)
Lurker

codeflux is an unknown at this point
/me messaged RML700, asking for more info. hate it when someone posts a problem, and then "oh, it's all fixed, thanks anyway". c'mon!
codeflux is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-01-2009, 08:18 PM   #12 (permalink)
Extremist

Knightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community memberKnightshade is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by codeflux View Post
/me messaged RML700, asking for more info. hate it when someone posts a problem, and then "oh, it's all fixed, thanks anyway". c'mon!
He states the solution in the post-

Quote:
Originally Posted by RML700 View Post
finally they found something called a C-ring, not too sure what that is, near my gas cap was cracked and letting out fumes...
Basically the car thought his gas cap wasn't on properly due to that, thus, CEL/VSC/etc
Knightshade is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-01-2009, 08:32 PM   #13 (permalink)
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
He states the solution in the post-
Basically the car thought his gas cap wasn't on properly due to that, thus, CEL/VSC/etc
this may be true - our car did this soon after fuel fill-up.

now she's also showing P0303 code and MIL ON (thank you OBDII). taking her to the dealer tomorrow morning.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by codeflux View Post
now she's also showing P0303 code and MIL ON (thank you OBDII). taking her to the dealer tomorrow morning.
they've had the car since last Wednesday (it's Monday) - looks like they'll be doing this TSB:

LexusTSB.com - Free Lexus FAQ, TSB, TSIB, Repair, and More! :: TSIB EG019-06 ('06 IS250): M.I.L. 'ON' DTC P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, P0304, P0305 Or P0306

Valve lash adjuster and valve springs. they're saying they're gonna keep the car until end of the week. got RX350 to drive in for now. it's a friggin' boat, with lazy-boy chairs for seats.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:28 PM   #15 (permalink)

x_guun is an unknown at this point
check VSC Engine Light

This is my second time seeing that light last time i pressed on my breaks and start the engine over and over again, somehow it turned off. Then i went to dealer to change my oil they said water pump is leaking and it cost $700 bucks to fix it so i went to non lexus dealer they said there is nothing is leaking so today that check engine and VSC check light came on again and i tried to do the break and start engine didn't work please help me
x_guun is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)