User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-05-2016, 08:41 PM Thread Starter
RZC

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Upper arm controls for IS300

I'd like to know if someone has feedback regards the Megan Upper arm controls for IS300.

My concern is because I see the ball joint adjustment and it seems to me the screws are small.

Also I'd like to know if there is another model of car that uses the same upper arm control.

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-10-2016, 07:05 AM
Frequenter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)

Not sure if this helps

Hey, Im not sure if this helps at all but I just had to have my upper ball joints replaced. I bought the replacement ball joint and poly bushings from Figs and was going to have them pressed into my stock UCA. This was my plan to both upgrade the bushings, and stay away from what I was told would be high cost, new UCA (Im new to the car). But the mechanic said bare UCA can be had for cheap from places like Rock Auto. I was charged $80 per side for the new, bare UCA. I then had my FIGS parts pressed in, and the entire stock UCA with ball joint replaced. If I had to do it again, I would do it this way, as it was easy for the shop to install this way, as opposed to trying to press out old parts, and I wound up with quality component control arms for a very reasonable cost.

I am new to the IS300 platform, but from any other car I have owned, I have always been under the impression that Megan products were not of the greatest quality and to stay away from them. If you are looking at a set for adjustability, you can still do that with FIGS components as he even sells a set of bushings that can be adjusted for the UCA. Or, go with a more reputable company such as Cusco.

I learned early in my car modifying life the adage: "Fast and reliable is not cheap; Reliable and cheap is not fast; Cheap and fast is not reliable." Also learned that most times spending the money up front on quality parts becomes cheaper in the long run.

But thats just my 36 cents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page