User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-13-2017, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Quik latch bumper fasteners

I'm trying to see if anyone has installed the quik latch bumper fasteners. I am interested in installing them and trying to avoid the ones where you have to use a rubberband. I just could not find any write ups or videos of people doing it to the is300
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4384_1487016803074.PNG
Views:	78
Size:	249.0 KB
ID:	106338  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-15-2017, 06:48 AM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)

Bump to the top
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 10:10 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 39 Post(s)

Garage
yess i run these latches but i only ran these in the front. Its very simple to install for the front, first you need to remove that headlight bracket support on the bottom then you can utilize the 3 mounting holes. you can use any on of them, mount the rod into one of those holes and mock fit it with your bumper, then take some grease and put a glooop onto the tip of the rod, this will allow you to get an estimate of where you gotta drill into your bumper. What you want to do when drilling your bumper is to drill the hole where the circular retainer can pop in snuggly, its better to have it fit tighter then loose. After you got the retainer popped in you thread in the lock nut. Tighten down the lock nut but dont over tighten it to the point where it pulls the retainer through the plastic. Lastly what i did was pop the retainer into the rod and then adjust the rod to the desire length where you want your bumper to sit.

I can tell you these retainers are amazing, alot cleaner vs the typical rubber-band type retainers. In addition these retainers are very very very strong they are able to support my weight which is 145lbs. I also did a track day on these with no issues. Highly recommended.

02 GGP 234k on chassis
BD11A supercharger/dezod headers/greddy catback/bc264/hks cam gear. 285whp 260tq@6000rpm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page