[PHOTOS] Blue Onyx Pearl - The Best Paint for The IS? - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2009, 04:28 PM   #1 (permalink)

is350speed is an unknown at this point
[PHOTOS] Blue Onyx Pearl - The Best Paint for The IS?

Instead of buying a black IS 350 we've chosen to get a Blue Onyx Pearl. I must say, I have never seen a paint that looked so good on a car.

Here are some pictures. In my opinion, blue onyx pearl and black sapphire pearl are the two best colors you can get on the IS Lexus.

Note how sunset skies are reflected by this paint... Simply amazing...

And a bright daylight version.

Now, the only thing left is to put the two different types of blue paint one next to another and shoot a set of good pictures. Anyone got a black sapphire in South Jersey area?

BTW I love to photograph cars. I can take professional pictures for free, so anyone in my area - feel free to contact me!
is350speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-15-2009, 10:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Under House Arrest

8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment8speed is dangerously close to banishment
very nice, and TTYTT get rid of the front plate already
8speed is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Cone Killer

Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
METEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community member
Its one of my fav colors too!!!! I love how it almost looks black at night, yet when the sun hits it just right it turn to a blue/purplish color.

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
http://my.is/forums/f43/new-ride-drive-handle-265815/
METEORO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cone Killer

METEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community member
Some pics of mine.

Here is one that I took at night after I had washed the car. I wanted the purplis/pearl to come out on the pic.

This is on a bright day, around noon, the color looks totally different. These I took when I still had my first gen

This one is called "reflections of the past"

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265815

Last edited by METEORO; 02-16-2009 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:16 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guru

MY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community memberMY2J is an elite community member
it's too bad the paint chips easy on our cars

i would look into the vinyl if i were you... it's a must!!!
Old 02-18-2009, 07:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Cone Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MY2J View Post
it's too bad the paint chips easy on our cars

i would look into the vinyl if i were you... it's a must!!!
you aint kidding! after 3 years my car looks as if it has gone thru a sandstorm! The front bumper is all chipped. I need to have it repainted badly.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=265815
Old 02-21-2009, 11:10 PM   #7 (permalink)

Kevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community memberKevin.IS is an elite community member
I agree Blue Onyx Pearl is soooo nice. Here's some pics

Kevin.IS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-22-2009, 09:10 AM   #8 (permalink)
Maxed out Rep Club Member

my.IS Supporter
02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member02isjw is an elite community member
^^ Nice shots!

"Wheel gap is like vagina... The more fingers you can fit, the worse off you are."
Praise the lowered!
02isjw is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)