Lexus IS Forum banner

junkyard finds

2K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  fredo 
#1 ·
man i got lucky today at the junkyard. NEVER EVER see these cars at my local pick your parts but for soem reason i decided to check their website for car inventory and they just happened to have one that was put in the yard almost a month ago so i wasnt very hopeful on parts. decided to go check out anyways and got lucky.

picked up a complete armrest setup, a/c blend module thing, cargo net, and when i bought the car it was only missing the drivers floor mat. (use it for now until i can buy a nice set of floor mats).

See less See more
#14 ·
I thought this was going to be about actual junkyard, 'finds'.

I don't know about down in socal, but up here in norcal, there are TONS of shops/yards parting these things out.

Also, if you're going to the average pick in pull, they might not have IS' just sitting around with the other shitty cars. They usually are in a separate sectioned off area with other newer and more expensive cars which they are parting out.

#15 ·
Hey guys,
Try car-part.com its a site for hundreds if not thousands of scrap yards. I find parts for my Audi, Lexus , jeep and subaru. Body, mechanical or what not if u need it u will usually find it might be far out but they will ship 99% of the time and they won't rob u on the shipping.

#16 · (Edited)
Just went to a local junk yard yesterday and came up on some oem springs that they had on a rear ended IS for $15 for all four. Although, thought they were OEM. And when reading the prints on them they were Eibach did some research and they could possibly be OEM L-TUNED springs. I matched them up with the pro-kits but don't match model numbers. Does anyone know if they are OEM L-TUNED Springs????

#18 ·
Nice pull, I had been waiting for some time here in the DC/VA/MD triangle and people trying to charge off the wall prices like 200 for an arm rest. So I got lucky and pulled all black interior with carpet and plastics for 240, with the exception of the seats though. Didnt have a need for them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.