How much do Lexus Salesman Make? - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2000, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Immortal

EricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community member
I was curious as to how much Lexus Salesman make. I've heard that some BMW salesman make over $100K a year. The BMW salesman that just sold my friend a 330i has a 328i, M3, and 528i himself. So they must not be doing too bad ehhhh? Lexus salesman couldn't be that far off (however, they do sell much less cars).
Eric.....
EricK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2000, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lurker

HapaHaole is an unknown at this point
Salespersons do have quotas to make and they average from 430K a year to $200K a year. The average per new car is $200 to $500 per deal. Now if they do 2 a day at $400 and work 20 days a month that is $16k per month not bad. Yet there are season and besides when you work for a dealership you get discounts on the car. I know that if you are a BMW salesperson you get 30% off your monthly lease statements as a spiff. Now if you finance you get it lower than Invoice + all the hidden dealer fees. basically around $4K under invoice on average. Not bad yet most of them do have bad credit since it is seasonal and they dont know how to save money for times like that.
HapaHaole is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2000, 03:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Immortal

EricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community memberEricK is an elite community member
Salesman make that much??? A lot of salesman don't even have college degrees. 16K a month??? Wow..!
Eric....
EricK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2000, 03:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lurker

CodeBoy is an unknown at this point
Erick,

Remember that's 16k in one month. That means that the next month there may be no sales!!!

CodeBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2000, 03:42 PM   #5 (permalink)
Guru

brad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community memberbrad is an elite community member
Hey Hap, I don't think so. I have been told specific numbers that aren't nearly that rich. Those are not average numbers. Come on, people. What the hell is going on in this forum, today?
brad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2000, 04:08 PM   #6 (permalink)
Frequenter

Benster is an unknown at this point
I read an article from Yahoo couple months ago saying that newbie sales (1-5 year experience working at Honda, Ford etc) make between 30-40K. The more experienced ones (naturally moving up the chain to Lexus, BMW etc) make 50 - 60K. Sales managers are the ones that are making the big dough.
The actual topic of the article was about how stressful the job is and hence the huge turnover rate.
Just spilling out what I remembered from the article.

btw, I had a friend who worked as a car salesman and I know for fact that he doesn't make anything close to the numbers that were thrown around in prior posts.
Benster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2000, 05:08 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lurker

SFOdriver is an unknown at this point
I heard they make 27K AND they get a free turkey at Christmas!
SFOdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2000, 06:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lurker

Quote:
Originally posted by CodeBoy:
Erick,

Remember that's 16k in one month. That means that the next month there may be no sales!!!

Yup and the typical sales person sells 3 cars a week. And average around $300 a car. so go figure. Heck I know one guy who is a sales person here and he makes $3K a month on average.. yet they got to work their ass off

Now people he did ask LEXUS SALES PERSONS.. and BMW sales persons.

[This message has been edited by HapaHaole (edited August 09, 2000).]
Old 08-09-2000, 09:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Fiend

atomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community memberatomicbombpinoy is an elite community member
My uncle works at the MB dealer in Beverly Hills. Let me tell you, he isn't that rich. He has a MB M320. Not that fancy.

------------------
Official member of the ClubSi.com So. Cal Fuddrucker and Boba Crews. Westside Represent!
  • 1999 EBP Honda Civic Si
  • AEM CAI
  • DC Ceramic 4-1
  • Greddy EVO Exhaust
  • Eibach Pro-Kits
  • Sprint Camber Kit
  • Razo Carbon Fiber Pedals
  • KYB AGX Adjustable Shocks

[This message has been edited by atomicbombpinoy (edited August 09, 2000).]
atomicbombpinoy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2000, 09:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
Extremist

mrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community member
i think 16k a month is stretching it. getting paid taht much for having no college education means taht everyone would want to do it. selling cars can be a pain as you might want to work late into the night trying to get a sale. saying they make from 400ka year to 200k is absolute crap..thats' nto possible.
mrclam is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2000, 09:47 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lurker

Well I can say the Closers and Floor managers make $200K a year each. and the owners make close to $1,000K if the dealership is huge. i.e. the owner of Beverly hills Mercedes averages $3,000K a year.. man now that is money.
Old 08-09-2000, 09:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lurker

Emerald is an unknown at this point
I can't answer this question. What I can say is that the salesman that leased me my RX300 last year and the guy I just leased an IS300 from were both far gone right after my dealings with them.
I know it wasn't my fault because Lexus likes to stick it to me when it's signing time, but I have to wonder about the turnover rate.... which in Florida, I must say, is high in any line of work.
Sincerely,
E. Marshall

Emerald is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 08-09-2000, 11:15 PM   #13 (permalink)
Extremist

mrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community membermrclam is an elite community member
wow. forgive me for being stupid but what do closers and floor people do?
Old 08-09-2000, 11:51 PM   #14 (permalink)
Extremist

i've been thinkign about different career paths. i considered general manager at a car dealership but i'm wondering how much do they make? like a span with the different brands? what does it take to get there? and what does the job involve? paperwork, service, that kind of stuff? thanks
Old 08-10-2000, 01:16 AM   #15 (permalink)
Frequenter

Benster is an unknown at this point
You probably start out as a floor sales at lower end dealerships getting "27K AND they get a free turkey at Christmas" (that's really funny [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]).
If you are a proven above avg. sales over next few years, you earn the right to work at higher end dealerships. As for mgmt position, I've never seen a dealership manager younger than low 30ish.
If you think you are a good sales, try the stock market instead.
Benster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)