How can i get my car out of "safe mode"?? - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2008, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)

Beato is an unknown at this point
How can i get my car out of "safe mode"??

please give me a helping hand with this, was told my car is stuck in "safe mode" and that the dealer can get it out of this mode, only issue there is no way i can get it to a dealer....

can a code reader clear it?
Beato is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-21-2008, 09:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
Enthusiast

Onyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community memberOnyx5spdSportx is an elite community member
try taking out the battery plug and putting it back in like restarting everything

thats what i do

2003 IS300 | Black On Black |5 Speed| Sports Design| LSD
Onyx5spdSportx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-21-2008, 10:04 PM   #3 (permalink)

i already disconnected the negative battery terminal for a few secs but changed nothing.
Old 03-21-2008, 10:18 PM   #4 (permalink)
Fiend

LexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community memberLexusSport04 is an elite community member
try leaving it unplugged for like an hour or so
Old 03-22-2008, 09:38 PM   #5 (permalink)
Frequenter

peelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community memberpeelsIS is an elite community member
whats safe mode?
peelsIS is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-22-2008, 09:46 PM   #6 (permalink)

i couldnt tell ya, i was just told in another thread thats whats up with my car....

when i rev it up in neutral, its a loud hollow intake sound with a little spin at the end, and if in gear it will not rev past 2000 rpms in any gear.....have been told this is a MAF sensor issue, and that the car switched to safe mode, i have the new MAF on but it still apparently is in this mode so the cars symptoms still remain....any other thoughts??
Old 03-24-2008, 11:44 AM   #7 (permalink)
Altruist

Poker Tournament Player
AZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community memberAZTEZZA is an elite community member
After you disconnect the battery step on the brake pedal for awhile. That should always clear the ECU and get you out of 'safe' mode. If that doesn't work you have some other problem and maybe you should get an OBD-II scanner and try to see if any codes are popping up. If that doesn't get you out of 'limp' mode then you should take it to the dealer. This is all assuming your car is stock...
AZTEZZA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-25-2008, 09:34 AM   #8 (permalink)
Frequenter

cwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community membercwtt is an elite community member
Why are you trying to take it out of safe mode. Obviously there is a problem. You need to fix the problem first, not just try to hide it. Get an OBDII Scanner and see what codes the ecu is throwing. Then you can fix the problem and the car will be operable again.
Race Logic Traction Control
06 IS350
cwtt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 03-26-2008, 09:47 PM   #9 (permalink)

ok well i reset the ecu and now the car wont even turn over....no clue as to what is going on, the check engine light is on but i hooked up my code reader and it says its not throwing any codes.

so now im sure if i replace the MAF that will not fix the problem, im trying to get it out of safe mode so i can actually drive it to the dealership, but now it wont even start.....it atleast started before the ecu was reset
Old 04-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #10 (permalink)

bump in hopes of someone knowing whats up
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)