HELP! Engine Light and Traction Control Flashing .....again - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #1 (permalink)

Pats37rule is an unknown at this point
HELP! Engine Light and Traction Control Flashing .....again

I have a 02 IS300 4 door sedan, car is a 5 speed stick, has 109k miles on it, had since new, engine light has been on due to needing a new Cat converterfor a while, then the Traction control light started flashing the other night and I lost power after 4k RPM's...the car still makes a sound but I lose all pull (feelslike I am towing something). I have since replaced the CAT and the mass Flo sensor in the intake, car worked a lot better but still some hesitation, after driving about 100miles the Engine light and the flaqshing traction control lights are back on!! I have already replaced the O2 sensors as well.....car hasan Lsportline exhaust on it and a K&N air filter was just replaced.....any ideas, or help are greatly appreciated as I just don't know what to do and can't keep throwing money into a hopeless cause....I have maintianed car very well and the car is only driven in the summer if that helps diagnose it!

Last edited by Pats37rule; 07-16-2009 at 04:18 PM.
Pats37rule is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-16-2009, 04:29 PM   #2 (permalink)
Lurker

VTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community memberVTIS300 is an elite community member
I am in exact same situation right now, 02 5spd with 80k miles.
replaced maf sensor, air filter, scanned and it's throwing a no code at all.

does your lights (abs and trac off) stay on?

my abs light comes on and trac off light flashing, if I restart the car, then they all go off.

I will keep you updated if I get mine fixed.
VTIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks bud...I am going to my mechanic tomorrow who is a buddy of mine to see if there are any codes....let you know what I find out also!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)
Frequenter

Jet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community memberJet Mazinger is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pats37rule View Post
Thanks bud...I am going to my mechanic tomorrow who is a buddy of mine to see if there are any codes....let you know what I find out also!
It sounds like your car is misfiring. Can be a bad coil, bad injector or fouled out spark plug. Your mechanic should be able to dig a little deeper for you. Good luck!
Jet Mazinger is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

MrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community memberMrGregski is an elite community member
Just visit a local parts store and have them scan the codes for free, post results.
BMWs are built for f0**ers who appreciate an engaging driving experience. Lexus cars are designed for anal retentive people who feel the feedback from the road is a nuisance instead of a bonus.
I'm a f#$%&r then
MrGregski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-17-2009, 02:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
Frequenter

Ghazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community memberGhazali_GTE is an elite community member
I have an 03 with 76k miles and after installing my SRT intake and Race-ECU I got the same thing...but two weeks later. I don't know what it is yet, my code says p0442 Evap Emissions System Leak (small). I've been recommended to check for cracked pipes or something of that nature. Also could be a cracked gas cap. I don't know if this helps but maybe someone else will come across it with the same issue..
Ghazali_GTE is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-21-2009, 11:54 AM   #7 (permalink)

Got code read...P0101..MAF, replaced it, drove 100 miles lights came back on P0101 again....turned car off for a while, started back up no error......SO FRUSTRATED WITH ERRORS!
Old 07-28-2009, 12:54 PM   #8 (permalink)

GTRILLO is an unknown at this point
I am having the same problem with the Trac light flashing and my check engine light coming on. There sounds like there could be several problems. I have not done any modifications to my car everything is stock and I have about 97k miles and it's an 02. What do I do?
GTRILLO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 07-31-2009, 07:59 AM   #9 (permalink)

tallen33 is an unknown at this point
Hi, I am new to the Forum and thought it might be helpful to pass along my experience with the Trac off flashing and CEL light on... I have an 02 IS 4 door Sedan 5 speed with a little over 85k miles. I took it to the Dealer for routine maintenance last month and both lights came on 1 wk ago along with . After reading the FAQS on this forum I took it to Auto Zone on WED for an ODB reading and got P0300 code- Random Misfire. My Husband changed the sparks last night however the CEL and Trac light are still on. I read you can reset the CEU or disconnect battery to reset the lights.

I failed to mention... once the Trac off and CEL lights came on, the car was sluggish and jerking in 2nd gear. It runs fine now but my Husband did something to the Throttle wire which causes noticeable tension when accelerating.

Last edited by tallen33; 07-31-2009 at 08:15 AM.
tallen33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 11-30-2009, 05:10 PM   #10 (permalink)

joshlax12 is an unknown at this point
Sorry to bump a somewhat old thread but was this ever resolved?
joshlax12 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-06-2009, 03:43 PM   #11 (permalink)

wabasso is an unknown at this point
hey i have that exact same problem. did u ever figure out how to fix it??
wabasso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-06-2009, 03:47 PM   #12 (permalink)

wabasso is an unknown at this point
hey pat37, my engine light and trc off light is flashing is on. and now my rmps wont go over 3. idk what the heck is up with it. did u ever get yours fixed??
wabasso is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 12-06-2009, 08:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Addict

IanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community member
if it wont go over 3 k rpm sounds like its in limp home mode.
get your codes read.
IanH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-19-2010, 07:23 AM   #14 (permalink)
Addict

IanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community memberIanH is an elite community member
guess what...today driving to work the CEL and Trac flashing happened to me....
Will get codes and post...
IanH is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 10-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #15 (permalink)
Immortal

my.IS Supporter
jasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community memberjasonm4 is an elite community member
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanH View Post
guess what...today driving to work the CEL and Trac flashing happened to me....
Will get codes and post...
Don't ya just hate that little light. For your sake Ian...I hope its gas cap related or something minor and not an 02 sensor or such..lol
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)