DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 05:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2

So I just replaced my own 0xygen sensor and wanted to put my input on here to hopefully help out other owners in my situation.

I own a 2005 Lexus IS300 and the engine light came on. Went to Autozone and for free had it diagnosed as my Bank 2 Sensor 2. They had Bosche and Denso for $95, so instead I just borrowed their oxygen sensor socket.
DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2-new-o2-socket.jpg

I purchased Denso (great reviews) from Amazon for $52 with shipping. (Part # for B2S2 is 234-4517 Oxygen Sensor) DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2-denso-kit.jpg

The B2S2 sensor screws in from under your car by the T-pipe.
DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2-new-o2-sensor-location.jpg
Make sure to spray plenty of lube 1 day before to make it easier to unscrew since there will be rust. The other end of the harness will go from under the plastic cover to inside your car from under the passenger seat rug. In the picture description, I called it a "cargo" but i meant plastic cover, sorry.
DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2-new-o2-sensor-under-showing-cargo-remove.jpg DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2-new-black-rubber-plug.jpg

Unplug your negative terminal from battery and remove your front passenger seat. Some say just move it all the way forward which I did, but was way easier to just take seat out since you will need to be passing the o2 wires under the rug

DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2-new-o2-sensor-under-seat.jpg

I jacked up my car and couldn't unscrew the o2 sensor since it was so rusted and not much leverage from laying under car so I went to local oil change/smog shop and paid $10 for them to loosen it for me.

Unscrew the o2 sensor from under the car with the special socket and follow the wires from under the plastic cover leading into your car. Unplug the harness from the old one.
DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2-o2-sensor-harness-direct-view.jpg

You will be leading the other end of the o2 sensor, which is the harness from the outside to the inside. Plug in both ends of the harness and you are done.

Denso o2 threads do not require anti-seize since they come pretreated with it already and you do not need to splice wires since other end is a simple harness. Saves you the trouble
DIY: How to replace O2 sensor for B2S2-new-02-sensor-anti-seize.jpg

I forgot to point out that the bottom picture is where the harness end of the o2 sensor comes in from. This is located pretty much center to end of where your passenger seat will be. After you pull the harness end from that opening, then you will plug in harness to the other harness inside your car, which will be located under the rug approximately on the front end of the passenger seat as shown from above pics. Sorry if its not organized properly, I need to shower and eat but wanted to try and help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new black plug from inside.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	1.24 MB
ID:	107426  

Last edited by 714is300; 03-18-2017 at 06:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page