Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Boston, MA
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Sounds like you have alot of things you need to take care of anyways! So...
1) Get an alignment.
- When I dropped my car 1", the wheels were so out of whack, the car just felt like shit to drive. $100 for a 4-wheel laser alignment (camber, caster and toe)
2) You need new tires...at least two anyways.
- Get yourself some tires, $200 a pop?
3) Driving on bent rims? WTF
- So they're fixed right? balanced too?
4) All the other things, tire pressure, check your rotors for warpage
All else fails, you can always take the car to Lexus for diagnoses and get it fixed elsewhere.
I've seen this type of issue many times before at the speeds you describe. It is almost always a shifted belt inside the tire. Basicly your tire isn't round while rolling with a load.
Wheel balance issues (unless its reall really off) will start around 50, and get worse as speed picks up.
you said yourself you have a bad tire. What more do you want? replace the tire, actually, replace two tires.
|Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)|