Crashed my Baby - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2002, 08:52 AM   #1 (permalink)

Playa4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishment
Crashed my Baby

It was wet out (yes, I had trac off) and lost the back end in the right hander near my dad's house. I hit the a tree pretty hard with passenger side rear door. Fortunately, I'm OK and nobody else got hurt. It was pretty dark so it was hard to tell how focked the car was.

I know I'll get flamed for asking this, but yesterday I got new tires (S-03). Last night, I washed my car. I armor all'ed the sidewalls and thought since the tires were new I would put armor all over them so the whole tire would be jet fockin' black. It looked hella sweet. You guys don't think this might have caused my wreck, do you? I know Armor All is a little slick but I wonder if there was something else wrong with the tires also, or something?
Playa4Real is offline   Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2002, 08:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Frequenter

Lebanon Balogna is an unknown at this point
You put armor all on the tread?
Lebanon Balogna is offline   Quick reply
Old 09-05-2002, 08:57 AM   #3 (permalink)
Follower

NY IS300 is an unknown at this point
Armor All could of definitely have been part of the problem...Especially driving in wet conditions afterwards
NY IS300 is offline   Quick reply
Old 09-05-2002, 08:59 AM   #4 (permalink)
Guru

HoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community member
I am pretty sure there is a warning specifically against that as well as putting it on the steering wheel, your face, your genitals, etc.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Fiend

trentin5 is very well likedtrentin5 is very well likedtrentin5 is very well likedtrentin5 is very well liked
:-? :-? :-?
trentin5 is offline   Quick reply
Old 09-05-2002, 09:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deity

texcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community membertexcon is an elite community member
I am 100% positive that was what caused it. Good job man. Nice to know that you could have easily prevented this accident if you weren't such a moron.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:11 AM   #7 (permalink)
Black Hole

Justin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community member
Re: Crashed my Baby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa4Real
I know I'll get flamed for asking this, but yesterday I got new tires (S-03). Last night, I washed my car. I armor all'ed the sidewalls and thought since the tires were new I would put armor all over them so the whole tire would be jet fockin' black. It looked hella sweet. You guys don't think this might have caused my wreck, do you? I know Armor All is a little slick but I wonder if there was something else wrong with the tires also, or something?
You are an absolute fool.

Yes - the armor all is the cause of your accident. Of course, the fact that you were an idiot at the wheel with traction control off in the rain means that you were bound to crash eventually. Maybe the armor all saved your life by not allowing you to get up to speed before plowing yourself into stationary objects.

Hmm... I covered my tires in slick liquid - do you think that could hurt traction? I hear that sraying Pam on your brake rotors makes them look 'hella sweet' maybe that will be your next detailing project.

-Justin
http://www.saltgod.org
Justin.b is offline   Quick reply
Old 09-05-2002, 09:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Guru

HoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community memberHoustonGGP is an elite community member
MUAHAHAHA!

Old 09-05-2002, 09:24 AM   #9 (permalink)

Playa4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishmentPlaya4Real is dangerously close to banishment
Jerkoff

You guys don't have to be such fockin dicks. There was probably somthing wrong with them anyway if they caused the wreck. I'm gonna go down to NTB and complain this afternoon.

You think you're funny, HoustonGGP, why don't you meet somewhere tomorrow night and tell me and my boys about it, brah.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Black Hole

Justin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community memberJustin.b is an elite community member
Re: Jerkoff

Quote:
You guys don't have to be such fockin dicks. There was probably somthing wrong with them anyway if they caused the wreck. I'm gonna go down to NTB and complain this afternoon.

You think you're funny, HoustonGGP, why don't you meet somewhere tomorrow night and tell me and my boys about it, brah.
There was nothing wrong with the damn tires. Well, nothing wrong until you LUBRICATED the traction surfaces!

How are you going to blame this on a prefectly good tire. The only way you'd have a chance os if the tire physiclally failed - blew out or threw its tread.

And if you're planning on meeting HoustonGPP, please take public transportation and keep the streets safe for the rest of us.

-Justin
Old 09-05-2002, 09:30 AM   #11 (permalink)
Black Hole

Hey, you stole my Salty! Do you know how much clipart I had to bastardize to make that?

-Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGGP
MUAHAHAHA!

Old 09-05-2002, 09:33 AM   #12 (permalink)
Guru

Re: Jerkoff

Quote:

Hmm yeah thats realistic. Don't be another chat forum tough guy. Those guys won't have armorall on their tires too will they? If so they may be late for our date :roll:

You must be in highschool. If not I feel sorry for that thing you call your "maturity level". You even admitted you'd get flame. Enjoy it and move on.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:34 AM   #13 (permalink)
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin.b
Hey, you stole my Salty! Do you know how much clipart I had to bastardize to make that?

-Justin

just giving you props. thats some good humor.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:38 AM   #14 (permalink)

WTF

I was hoping to get some real opinions. Not be called a moron.

Whether putting AA on the tires was stupid (probably so) or even caused the wreck (probably not), i'm still the one that got focked here.
Old 09-05-2002, 09:41 AM   #15 (permalink)
Guru

Re: WTF

Quote:
I was hoping to get some real opinions. Not be called a moron.

Whether putting AA on the tires was stupid (probably so) or even caused the wreck (probably not), i'm still the one that got focked here.

[size=1]sorry[/size]

at least your not hurt and no one else is either. it's just a car and everything on it cam be redone and/or replaced
Advertisement

Closed Thread

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)