Code p1346 after vvti solenoid and filter replacements. - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-11-2017, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Code p1346 after vvti solenoid and filter replacements.

As the title reads I was throwing a code for the vvti solenoid so I swapped out for a new one and changed out the filter for it. Drove it around and re scanned for codes. Its still throwing it. I'm also throwing codes for b1s1 and b2s1 o2 sensors. My question is can the o2 sensors make the vvti code pop. I already ordered the o2 sensors so they will be replaced regardless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 07:41 AM
Extremist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)

Quote:
I'm also throwing codes for b1s1 and b2s1 o2 sensors.
Slapping parts on the car isn't probably going to fix your issue or at least it's the expensive way to do it. Some O2 sensor CEL's are actually telling you you have a vacuum leak and that there's nothing wrong with the 02 sensors.

Same for the VVTI Cel. what does the trouble-shooting procedure in the manual say? It's possible for something like the VVTI to cause 02 CEL's if the the cam is clocked wrong.

I'd probably start from scratch. Checking the timing marks, read the procedure to diagnose the VVTI cel. Get that fixed first and then see if the 02 sensors still set codes.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

That was the next step in line for me. I had read up that the timing is touchy and if it slips a tooth it will mess with the vvti. Was just curious if the upstream o2 sensors could also cause it. I'll keep ya posted on what I find.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 03-12-2017, 08:40 PM
Extremist

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 493 Post(s)

Quote:
Was just curious if the upstream o2 sensors could also cause it.
The CEL code just tells you where to look in the diagnosis tree. If they're both showing "exhaust is rich" or "exhaust is lean" then it's almost certainly not a problem with the 02 sensors themselves. If it's a heater code, that doesn't prevent the 02 sensors from working, they just light off slower. If both show a heater code, I'd check the heater voltage going to the 02's because it might be a blown fuse or broken wire.

It all depends on which of the many CELS codes is set. Typically being a tooth off can cause misfire codes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page