Brakes making a Popping/Clicking noise help - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2009, 12:20 PM   #1 (permalink)

Mrfunc is an unknown at this point
Brakes making a Popping/Clicking noise help

Going slow speeds less than 5 mph and apply the brakes they make a popping or clicking noise. I trying to figure out the problem it happens on turns but it only happens when going slow and I can only hear it if the radio is off.
Mrfunc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-27-2009, 01:01 PM   #2 (permalink)

IS300GreenMachine is an unknown at this point
I heard that this is common with this IS model; as I was alarmed when i first heard it too. But it seems that this is due to the "floating calipers" within the brakes.. So it's normal

Carry on and good Luck!
IS300GreenMachine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-27-2009, 03:13 PM   #3 (permalink)

SolarYellow01 is an unknown at this point
Maybe the wear tabs on the brake pads??? How old are the pads? could be ready to change.
SolarYellow01 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 05-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #4 (permalink)

btuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community memberbtuned is an elite community member
floating caliper definitely has something to do with this but please look into a lubricate to place behind the pad ask your local dealer they did mine still under warranty work was done back in 04 havent had a problem with it since not a daily driver 01 MSM E-shift with LSD please dont accept that the noise is normal because that is bullshit no brakes should pop like that believe me i dealt with the problem for many months thinking it was NORMAL ROLL TIDE !!!!!!!
btuned is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-02-2009, 12:49 PM   #5 (permalink)

Mrfunc is an unknown at this point
Thank you I am still working on the problem. Do u know what lubricate they used at the dealer?
Mrfunc is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-02-2009, 01:04 PM   #6 (permalink)
Frequenter

Aspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community memberAspen is an elite community member
It is normal. You notice it most when you go from reverse to forward. The pads are just moving a little in the caliper. No big deal.
Recently I just new Hawk pads in my front and they fit very tightly. The clicking is gone but now I get a slight squeal only when turning left. I think the pads are too tight so don't move enough.
Clicking or squealy, I prefer clicking.
Lubing the pads should stop the clicking temporarily.
Aspen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 06-03-2009, 12:45 PM   #7 (permalink)
Fiend

idriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community memberidriveaIS300 is an elite community member
This may help

http://www.ih8mud.com/tech/tsb/LexusLX450/br003l00.pdf
Old 02-03-2010, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Loyalist

tonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community membertonynca is an elite community member
I'm having the same problem here. That pdf seems like it's for '90-'00 models. I have an 03, shouldn't they fix this already?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > 1st-Gen IS300 > General Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)