A tiny crack emerges in the wall of silence - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Site News & FAQs > News > Team Lexus
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-18-2006, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
Übercargeek

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
jruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community member
A tiny crack emerges in the wall of silence

If there's been an overarching theme in the developing story of the rupture between Lexus USA and Chuck Goldsborough's Performance Engineering, Inc. (which, up to now, had been doing business as Team Lexus), it's been silence. A single story appeared on the speedArena.com website, which was duly reported on a recent my.IS Front Page story, and that's it. The speedArena.com community didn't see the story fit to discuss on their forums, and other notable sources of North American racing information, such as AutoWeek, Speed TV and RACER magazine haven't carried the story, either.

Our next step, then, was to contact Lexus USA's Motorsports & Events Consultant Brad Nelson to see if he had any new information to share with us. He confirmed that, indeed, Lexus chose to separate from Chuck Goldsborough's Performance Engineering outfit, the separation process is ongoing, and there are no lawsuits between the two parties. At this time, no overtures or plans have been made towards any other team.

The General Discussion thread on this story contains a particularly incisive post by my.IS member Revman which reads, in part, "Why doesn't TRD just buy Team Lexus out, take control, and run the thing? Clearly, the resources are there (or, are they...NASCAR?). Sounds to me like Team Lexus wanted autonomy while TRD/Corporate wanted control." I asked Brad about this, but he had no comment. He did say, however, that rumo(u)rs that the falling out had to do with the fact that Toyota/Lexus Corporate wanted Chuck Goldsborough to move his operations base from Baltimore, Maryland to Charlotte, North Carolina (to be closer to the fledgling Toyota NASCAR operation) while Chuck resisted are categorically false.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2006, 06:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Twisties Addict

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2006 ToyDrive Participant Poker Tournament Player
bgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community memberbgwillyIS300 is an elite community member
This whole situation blows! What a waste. I feel used and abused. I mean, hell, I have a Team Lexus DOOR hanging on the wall in my office!
04 Turbo IS3--475rwhp@18psi-450rwtq@3400rpm----SOLD :(

StraIght LiNes DoN't MeAn Sh*T when you have lowering springs
bgwillyIS300 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 09-19-2006, 10:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Cone Killer

Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
METEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community memberMETEORO is an elite community member
Kinda of a sad day for the IS communit for one. I think all were anxiously waiting the debut of the 2nd gen IS racecar. For Team Lexus is a slap in the face and the reality of business with a large corporation.

And lastly dissapointed at Lexus NA for not having a clear direction on their motorsport future.

2006 IS350 Blue Onyx|Black Interior|Navigation|18" wheels|6000K HID|Joe Z Intake|HKS Drop In Filter|Tanabe Cat Back|OEM Rear Spoiler|PIAA Superrozzas
Previous - 2002 IS300 Solar Yellow
'04 & '05 SEFL SCCA Solo II -D Stock Champion

Want to know what I think about the New IS 350/250....read about it.
http://my.is/forums/f43/new-ride-drive-handle-265815/
METEORO is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Site News & FAQs > News > Team Lexus

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)