Lexus quietly reveals the color choices for the upcoming Lexus IS C. - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Site News & FAQs > News > Industry News
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2009, 05:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Übercargeek

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
jruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community member
Lexus quietly reveals the color choices for the upcoming Lexus IS C.

Lexus quietly reveals the color choices for the upcoming Lexus IS C.-auto-show-photos.jpgAlthough the Lexus IS 250C that was on the Lexus stand at the 2009 Detroit Auto Show was the same well-traveled Matador Red Mica exterior with Alabaster interior car that went from Paris to Sydney to Los Angeles to Detroit (with Lord knows what other stops in between or still to come), showgoers at California's second-tier Auto Shows in San Diego (which ran from 31 December 2008 to 4 January 2009) and San José (which ran from 8 to 11 January 2009) got an unexpected treat: an IS 250C in the Lexus IS F's signature Ultrasonic Blue Pearl exterior colo(u)r, and yet another IS C-exclusive wheel design.

Just as quietly, the multiple exterior and interior colo(u)r combination options available for the IS C were placed in the "build your Lexus" kiosks located throughout the carmaker's Detroit Show stand. Besides Ultrasonic Blue Pearl, the IS C gets a second exclusive shade of blue, Cerulean Blue Metallic, which, if the computer monitors are anything to go by, appears to be a slightly darker riff on Breakwater Blue Metallic (which is NOT available on the IS C and thus remains a sedan-only color). As to interior colo(u)rs for the convertible coupe, three choices are available: Alabaster (the white-looking shade that we mistakenly assumed was the same Alpine White hue available on the IS F), Black and a somewhat unexpected Blue and Alabaster two-tone combination. The latter places the dark blue on the seat sides/bolsters and the alabaster along the wide central portion of the seats. Contrary to logical expectations, neither of the blue exteriors are available in conjunction with the Blue and Alabaster two-tone interior, as the diverse shades of blue seemingly would all clash.

Here, then, is a list of the Lexus IS-C U.S.-market color combinations for its first model year (which remains unclear whether it will debut as a 2009 or as a 2010), listing exterior color first, followed by available interior colors:

Starfire Pearl / Alabaster, Black or Blue/Alabaster two-tone
Tungsten Pearl / Alabaster, Black or Blue/Alabaster two-tone
Cerulean Blue Metallic / Alabaster or Black
Ultrasonic Blue Pearl / Alabaster or Black
Matador Red Mica / Alabaster or Black
Smoky Granite Mica / Alabaster, Black or Blue/Alabaster two-tone
Obsidian / Alabaster, Black or Blue/Alabaster two-tone
Attached Thumbnails
Lexus quietly reveals the color choices for the upcoming Lexus IS C.-auto-show-photos.jpg  

Last edited by jruhi4; 01-16-2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: Fixed minor typo
jruhi4 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-13-2009, 10:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Blue Devil

my.IS Supporter
LO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community memberLO 21 is an elite community member
Awesome write-up, Joaquín!!!

It finally seems like Lexus is heading in the right direction in terms of their IS lineup. Two-tone interiors and more "young", bright colors should have always been a given, knowing what the general IS enthusiast would probably prefer as opposed to people who are more interested in Lexus' other models.

IS F '12 - Ultrasonic Blue Mica | ISS Forged Exhaust | WALD Diffuser | Ventross Trunk | Lexon Roof Spoiler |
LO 21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 01-14-2009, 09:18 AM   #3 (permalink)
Übercargeek

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
jruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community member
Glad you liked it, Leon.

The two-tone interiors seem to be a new (and good, in my book) trend at Lexus. The HS250h hybrid will offer one, as well. Stay tuned for that Front Page article, which should be up later this week.

As to brighter exterior colors, I'm with you as well. In fact, I urged the Lexus corporate folks I spoke to in Detroit to offer the Ultrasonic Blue Pearl in the IS 250 and IS 350 sedans, and to offer something like the burnt orange shade on the SEMA IS 350 F-Sport. Unfortunately, they don't see either of those happening...
Old 01-14-2009, 10:34 AM   #4 (permalink)
Immortal

2006 ToyDrive Participant
acumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community memberacumenhokie is an elite community member
Great write-up as usual. Sorry you had to make the trip from sunny Florida to freezing Detroit to get the scoop.
Old 01-14-2009, 02:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Übercargeek

I had a fantastic time, actually, and I was barely outside, since the hotel-to-show trek was via a small monorail train that linked the two. It was cool being around so many industry people and journalists, and I even got to chat one-on-one with the Lexus HS250h's Chief Engineer Hiroyuki Koba, GM's head of design Ed Welburn and Fisker's interior designer Fairuz Jane Schlecht (a Paula Abdul lookalike, but much smarter and more articulate)
Old 01-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #6 (permalink)
What's all this, then?

my.IS Supporter
rmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community member
Still no new info on lexus.com, though. I was hoping there would be an update during the Detroit show.
rmbracalente is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #7 (permalink)
Lurker

zoup is an unknown at this point
It's been a while, since I've been on here, but I've been obsessing about this car lately.

The convertible should be a 2010 model.

I see the black interior as traditional leather, but the blue and white will likely be a variant of the pseudo-suede and not available on base models.
zoup is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Old 02-13-2009, 07:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Übercargeek

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoup View Post
I see the black interior as traditional leather, but the blue and white will likely be a variant of the pseudo-suede and not available on base models.
The blue and white is not pseudo-suede/ecsaine/alcantara, but two-tone leather, just like the terra cotta and black interior option on the IS F.
Old 03-16-2009, 10:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
What's all this, then?

my.IS Supporter
rmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community memberrmbracalente is an elite community member
Was hoping for a yellow in the convertible, though...
rmbracalente is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Site News & FAQs > News > Industry News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)