The 2013 Lexus IS F suspension tweaks - my.IS - Lexus IS Forum
Welcome to the newly redesigned my.IS website - Your source for IS200, IS250, IS300, IS350 and IS-F Information.

b

Register | Home | Forums | News | Photos | Content | FAQ | Advertise | Store

Go Back   my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Site News & FAQs > News > Industry News
Register Home Forum Photos Active Topics / Realtime Garage iTrader User's Guide Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowAuto LoansInsurance

My.is is the premier Lexus IS Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Übercargeek

my.IS Supporter Roundtable Panelist 2005 ToyDrive Participant 2006 ToyDrive Participant
jruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community memberjruhi4 is an elite community member
The 2013 Lexus IS F suspension tweaks

As we noted in our previous Front Page story, the 2013 Lexus IS F receives "refined suspension tuning", without further elaboration. We reached out to Lexus and promised a follow-up as soon as we received more information. Now, thanks to the good graces of Jason Schell, Senior Product Planner for the Lexus IS, GX and LFA lines and, most specially, Paul Williamsen, National Manager of Lexus College, we have our answers.

The overriding goals were further improvements to turn-in response and dynamics (roll, pitch, ride, comfort, etc.). Based on notes from Lexus IS F chief engineer Yukihiko Yaguchi, we can inform you of the following component changes:

- All springs and shock absorbers have been revised and are new parts.

- The front coil spring rates are reduced, and are now about 2.5% softer than in 2012.

- The rear coil spring rates are increased, and are now about 13% stiffer than in 2012.

- The rear suspension control arms & bushings are new and retuned, but Lexus did not provide any further information on what this entails nor how they compare to 2012.

- As was the case in 2012, the IS F shocks absorbers are supplied by German supplier ZF affiliate Sachs. In their 2013 iteration both front and rear shocks (or dampers) are retuned for increased damping force in compression at mid- to high-speed motions. There are changes to the rebound springs inside the Sachs shocks, which resist motion of the shock at large extensions. The front rebound springs have lower rates and the rear rebound springs discontinued, which increases ride comfort during low piston-speed motions. The 2013 IS F rear shocks may well be the only ones in the Lexus lineup without rebound springs.

Left unchanged amidst all this are the front and rear stabilizer (or anti-roll) bars.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2012, 02:14 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deity

IS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community memberIS-F-I-Found is an elite community member
Great info!
Debt without regret! :)
IS-F-I-Found is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

my.IS - Lexus IS Forum > Site News & FAQs > News > Industry News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the my.IS - Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)