post #61 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 08:27 PM
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_is View Post
i tried... pictures below.

thanks man. i was happy with the head lights as well. also wet sanded them and had Xpel film put on them (and the fogs) and they still look good as new

but yeah i tried to get my calipers painted to match my lug nuts... well it didnt turn out how i wanted. i had them done in Duplicolor Metalcast Blue because in pictures i had seen it looked lighter. so i wanted a LIGHT blue with Black decals to make them stand out. but the paint turned out dark so now the decals arent noticable. if i could do it again i'd get white decals... and i told the guy that did them how to put on the front decals... i figured the rears were pretty straight forward. well i was wrong.

this is with the flash directly on it. it looks like it matches here...

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0388.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0389.jpg

here you can see they don't match as well..
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0391.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0393.jpg

they match my valve stems so when it warms up i'm going to try and paint the lug nuts using the same paint. we'll see how long that lasts. i'm also going to lower my car a little more lol.

i also redid my rear emblems and license plate frame. i'm eventually getting satin black tails to match my head lights so i did those in Satin black too.

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0454.jpg

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0453.jpg

the license plate frame used to be all chrome but i taped off the "Southfield" on top and then the "L" and "Meade" sanded everything else down and then painted it to leave the letters chrome. it didn't show up the best in the pictures...

dont paint the lugs. it wont stay. it'll chip and turn out ugly. i'd redo the calipers. DIY is best.

also since you dont have wheel caps i'd take some black spray paint and paint the centers to clean up the rust

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 09:25 PM
SEAHAWKS!!

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 541 Post(s)

Cars looking good.

Phil
2001 IS300
Engine 2jz-ge w/SRT intake; HP header; Toyomoto ypipe
ICE/Interior Kenwood Excelon w/Nav; Fsport shift knob
Exterior JDM headlights; foglights; taillights; SportDesign grille; RX shorty antenna
Suspension Tanabe coilovers; SuperPro bushings; FIGs toe links
Wheels Volk Racing wheels; Staggered 17x8/9; Conti DWS
post #63 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-02-2009, 09:33 PM
Follower

Looks Nice! +rep PM Sent

Last edited by kaizojce; 01-02-2009 at 09:39 PM. Reason: PM Sent....

post #64 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 05:03 PM Thread Starter
Extremist

Quoted: 19 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by immasexyboy View Post
looks hella good
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalero View Post
Your car is coming along nicely. Are you burning the paint on your carson rear? I had my N1 extended to avoid that problem.
yeah i remember asking you about your exhaust in your thread. but yeah my paint right along my rear lip is starting to crack... i wanted to have it extended a little bit but never got around to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xinvazn View Post
looks great, i think you should try relocating your horns.

Relocating Horns-MOD For aftermarket Grills- PICS Finally!
yeah i realized that after i put the grill on. it's just been cold and i've been lazy. i might get around to it one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gout-is300 View Post
nicely done dude!! ever thought about getting clear side markers or color matching them to your car? its a simple mod that would flow with your car..just a thought...love it though!
i'm not a fan of the clear side markers. and i did my front turn signals amber to go with the front side markers. i like them so i'm leaving them thanks though!

Quote:
Originally Posted by baadhabit View Post
dont paint the lugs. it wont stay. it'll chip and turn out ugly. i'd redo the calipers. DIY is best.

also since you dont have wheel caps i'd take some black spray paint and paint the centers to clean up the rust

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/100_0388.jpg
i know what you are saying about chipping... and i've thought about redoing the calipers but they are done pretty nice (other than the rear decals and not being smoothed out). the place that did them took the off and apart before they painted them and i don't know if i can do that. or have time to do that. i saw a thread that Fig had about doing an exchange program with powdercoated stock calipers. for now i'm fine with them and i'm still trying to decide what to do about the lugs... i might just try painting them and if it doesnt work out just buy new ones. or just buy new ones and sell mine.

would it be hard to paint the rusted parts? i thought about painting my hubs black, would that be the same thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IS3_FTW View Post
Cars looking good.
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaizojce View Post
Looks Nice! +rep PM Sent
thank you and you will have a PM shortly.
post #65 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Enthusiast

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

any reason you have your rear caliper decals on that way? just wondering
post #66 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dattt View Post
any reason you have your rear caliper decals on that way? just wondering
i took it to a shop to have them done. and they took the calipers apart to paint them. i'm guessing they didnt pay attention to how the rear calipers sat when installed and guessed at the angle and got it wrong. but you can't tell because the blue is dark and so are the decals. sucks but one day they'll get redone so i'm fine for now.
post #67 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 08:08 PM Thread Starter
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalero View Post
Your car is coming along nicely. Are you burning the paint on your carson rear? I had my N1 extended to avoid that problem.
and by the way... you've made me start thinking about this again. but did the shop cut the tip off and then weld a small piece between where it was cut and the rest of the tip? or did you have a new "tip" welded on?
post #68 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Aficionado

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Garage
gotta rep that southfield connection..haha i think im going to repaint my calipers as well... right now they are a very nasty blue color...i wanted a Carolina blue but it came out retarded... w/e i like the way yours looks.. plus rep

04 IS300 Ultra White
Black suede headliner|Z edition grill
Q45retros|R G B demon eye|GT40R|
Wedssport SA60r|Airlift 3p|L-Tuned

'12 IS350 Nebula Gray
Intake|Invidia Exhaust|Airlift 3p | AG M550|RGB demon eyes|

'17 IS350 F Sport USB 2.0
Greddy Intake|Invida exhaust| J5 Coilovers| AG M652| TRD|
RGB demon eyes|
post #69 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 12:07 AM Thread Starter
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteis33 View Post
gotta rep that southfield connection..haha i think im going to repaint my calipers as well... right now they are a very nasty blue color...i wanted a Carolina blue but it came out retarded... w/e i like the way yours looks.. plus rep
yup Lexus Meade of Southfield lol.

but yeah my calipers didn't turn out the color i wanted but i've got acouple ideas to make it work. or i'll just leave everything as is. we'll see when the time comes.

i've also got a few more things planned. it's just a matter of time for some and then money for others
post #70 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 09:41 AM
Guru

Quote:
and by the way... you've made me start thinking about this again. but did the shop cut the tip off and then weld a small piece between where it was cut and the rest of the tip? or did you have a new "tip" welded on?
what the shop should do is not touch the canister or the tip they should cut the pipe and added a piece to it pushing the canister out
post #71 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 09:44 AM
Guru

Quote:
thanks

i know what you are saying about chipping... and i've thought about redoing the calipers but they are done pretty nice (other than the rear decals and not being smoothed out). the place that did them took the off and apart before they painted them and i don't know if i can do that. or have time to do that. i saw a thread that Fig had about doing an exchange program with powdercoated stock calipers. for now i'm fine with them and i'm still trying to decide what to do about the lugs... i might just try painting them and if it doesnt work out just buy new ones. or just buy new ones and sell mine.

would it be hard to paint the rusted parts? i thought about painting my hubs black, would that be the same thing?

powder coating the lugs is the only way. i dont know if i would do it with work lugs though. get some generic chrome lugs powdercoated the blue you want

about the rust. just take the wheels off and spray some black paint on the hubs and you should be good
post #72 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
Extremist

Quote:
what the shop should do is not touch the canister or the tip they should cut the pipe and added a piece to it pushing the canister out
i'll have to look at mine. it seemed like the canister was pretty close to my rear lip so i dont know how much room there is. but i guess i only need like an inch or inch and a half... i'll check it out though.

Quote:
powder coating the lugs is the only way. i dont know if i would do it with work lugs though. get some generic chrome lugs powdercoated the blue you want

about the rust. just take the wheels off and spray some black paint on the hubs and you should be good
well my work lugs have some scratches and stuff on them but i didn't think about buying some generic ones and powdercoating them. thats a good idea though so we'll see what happens.

and thanks for helping me. when it warms up i might paint the hubs. or buy the center caps. but the center caps are silver... looks like i've got some work to do lol.
post #73 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 01:20 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

^^ Yeah that's exactly why I never got the centercaps. I don't think they will match and I got the MGS color. Imagine with the bronze.... On a side note though I got a set for my pops (he has the bronze also), I don't think he put them on yet. I'll get some pics when he does. +rep for a fellow xd9-er...lol. Oh yeah I like the headlights. I more thing you should have went staggered.

03 BO is300 e-shift - powered by a vortech S/C, work vs-xx with falken fk 452, bilstein shocks with eibach pro kit...pshhh yeah right R.I.P 2/11/09
03 BO is300 HKS/ Koni/ Eibach/ Enkei/ Signal Auto/ Brian Crower/ Titan/ TRD NEO/ EDM/ TRD elegant R.I.P 8/1/13 rear ended. :(
05 BO is300 Tein... bought and sold in a month...lol. The game is not the same

MeVersusThem

Last edited by kraven9; 01-04-2009 at 01:54 PM.
post #74 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 01:27 PM Thread Starter
Extremist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraven9 View Post
^^ Yeah that's ecactly why I never got the centercaps. I don't think they will match and I got the MGS color. Imagine with the bronze.... On a side note though I got a set for my pops (he has the bronze also), I don't think he put them on yet. I'll get some pics when he does. +rep for a fellow xd9-er...lol. Oh yeah I like the headlights. I more thing you should have went staggered.
man that'd be awesome if you could get some pics of the bronze with silver center caps. it might look ok but then again it might look horrible. and yes i know i should have gone staggered i'm some what trying to find some 18x9 +43's that i could trade for or buy.. i'd rather not buy 2 new and then be stuck with 2 used wheels. but it's just one more thing on the list of things i want to get done lol.
post #75 of 1790 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 01:53 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

^^^That's what I did. I made the same mistake in the beginning. I bought 17x8.5 all around. Then sold one pair and bought brand new 17x7.5. I don't see why you wouldn't want too...lol.

03 BO is300 e-shift - powered by a vortech S/C, work vs-xx with falken fk 452, bilstein shocks with eibach pro kit...pshhh yeah right R.I.P 2/11/09
03 BO is300 HKS/ Koni/ Eibach/ Enkei/ Signal Auto/ Brian Crower/ Titan/ TRD NEO/ EDM/ TRD elegant R.I.P 8/1/13 rear ended. :(
05 BO is300 Tein... bought and sold in a month...lol. The game is not the same

MeVersusThem
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page