User Tag List

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 (permalink) Old 02-26-2017, 09:26 AM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)

Went by my friends shop to make some changes to the alignment today. Added a little more negative camber up front and took some out of the rear. Ordered a set of 225/40/18 BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp2's to throw on the summer wheels sometime next week. Should be a fun setup for the warmer months. I wasnt planning on buying them until march but we've been having lots of 75 degree days this winter and I dont like driving around on the mushy winters when its this unseasonably warm.

2004 IS300 Eshift
BRZ 4.1 LSD - 18x8.5 Evo X Enkei's - Koni
- Tein - Stoptech - EBC - Tanabe
Thread: http://my.is/forums/f219/tvl3rds-2004-is300-565586/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 (permalink) Old 03-05-2017, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Frequenter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)

Wrapped a few things up this weekend. I've had this tanabe rear under brace sitting in my house for about 6 months. I was scrolling through eBay auctions and this one didn't have any bids on it. I bid a whopping $0.01 on it with 5 minutes left and won it. Paid the shipping and they actually sent it! Was fully expecting an email saying reserve wasn't met or something. Went ahead and threw it on yesterday when we were putting the summers back on.

The summer wheels are 18x8.5 + 38 enkeis off of an evo x. Last year I ran them at stock height with a 245/40/18 which rubbed like crap even without being dropped. I picked up a set of 225/40/18 bfgoodrich gforce sport comp2's to gain some space. Still ended up needing to do some more work on the front but with -2.5 degrees of camber I'm not rubbing at all. Went and drove some fun backroads to test out the setup. Feeling really good about it. Has a ton of grip in the twisties.

Last edited by tvl3rd; 03-05-2017 at 11:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page