rvalero's IS300: 2006-present (Update: New motorized nav housing) - Page 6 - Lexus IS Forum
User Tag List

34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #76 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-05-2009, 03:10 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfaromeo3 View Post
------------
My front lip got messed up at Lexus after a service. The vallet guy parked my car and scraped the front lip kit so I got a fresh coat from them for free
Ha, that's why I don't mind minor damage as long as somebody takes responsibility for their actions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by igorski_89 View Post
clean build
Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexzila View Post
I REALLY love this covered monitor idea.

<- Victim of thieves, for days...
Sometimes OCD paranoia works out for you I even have a fake HU Face. With tint and my sun screen in place, it looks kinda weird, but you probably wouldn't think anything of it.

My thread of picture whor@ge: 2003 BO 5MT B01B

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #77 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-08-2009, 09:33 PM
Lurker

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

great looking car.

2004 BO is300 Under Construction. JDM Inspired.
post #78 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 04:50 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
As many of you may know, Fig is pretty much done with his heat shield. I plan on getting an unpainted/non-anodized version, and painting it myself. I plan to paint it flat/matte/satin black. I have also been toying with the idea of masking the "F" and painting it red to match my engine bay. What do you think?

5Zigen || Apex-i || ARC Audio || B&M || BC Racing || Carson Tuned || Centerforce || CUSCO || DEI || EXPEL || Fidanza || FIGS || G2 || Greddy || JDMeyes || JIC || Karl Sport || L-Tuned || MONSTER || Optima || Outerwear || PIAA || Pioneer || PLP || SONY || SRT || Swift || TeCK Pro || Token Solutions ||TRD || Tuned Parts || UGO || WORK || VALOR || Valentine1 || VentureShield || Yokohama ||.

post #79 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 05:13 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvalero View Post
Where did you get that fake face from? Did you pry it off of the original system? I was looking to do the same to cover my screen. I even thought of printing a fake face on paper to cover my screen lol.

By the way you definitely deserve props for all the hard work that you've put in to 'both' of your cars! +rep
post #80 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
Thanks! The Face came from a broken OEM head unit that I bought off a my.is member. Once you get the face off, you have to glue the buttons and knobs in place. I also dremeled the inside to keep it from damaging my screen. As an added measure, I also duct taped the inside for extra protection.

post #81 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-12-2009, 08:24 PM
Extremist

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

^^lol. Good sneak tip. Your engine bay is clean. Yeah you should paint the 'F' red. +rep.

03 BO is300 e-shift - powered by a vortech S/C, work vs-xx with falken fk 452, bilstein shocks with eibach pro kit...pshhh yeah right R.I.P 2/11/09
03 BO is300 HKS/ Koni/ Eibach/ Enkei/ Signal Auto/ Brian Crower/ Titan/ TRD NEO/ EDM/ TRD elegant R.I.P 8/1/13 rear ended. :(
05 BO is300 Tein... bought and sold in a month...lol. The game is not the same

MeVersusThem
post #82 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
Fig said that painting aluminum is tricky. Also, with the part expanding & contracting, the paint may be more prone to cracking/peeling. I googled some DIY's, and it looks like more trouble than it's worth. I will just order one anodized black. Sometimes when I look at the "F", it looks like an "n" lol. Solid black may be the way to go.

post #83 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 07:03 PM

Good job on the car, it looks amazing. I made a head unit cover like that for my integra. No one looked twice with it in place.

+rep for all the great work
post #84 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 07:44 PM
Fiend

Quote:
Thanks! The Face came from a broken OEM head unit that I bought off a my.is member. Once you get the face off, you have to glue the buttons and knobs in place. I also dremeled the inside to keep it from damaging my screen. As an added measure, I also duct taped the inside for extra protection.
Thanks rvalero! I'll try and see if I could do the same.

How do you hold the face in place? Velcro?
post #85 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 08:24 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
If your HU is like the AVIC-Z1/2/3, the screen sticks out a little bit past the dash kit. When you remove the OEM radio face plate, it will have a lip going all around. That lip sits on top of the screen housing.

It's not a perfect setup. If you are sitting in the car, it is very obvious because it sticks out too far. If your windows are not tinted, it will be noticeable. With tint (I only have 50%) and a sun screen, it works well enough.

post #86 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-13-2009, 09:55 PM
Addict

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

This car is everything I want mine to be, just black!

Amazing work my friend!

IS..less
post #87 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-14-2009, 08:16 AM
Fiend

Quote:
If your HU is like the AVIC-Z1/2/3, the screen sticks out a little bit past the dash kit. When you remove the OEM radio face plate, it will have a lip going all around. That lip sits on top of the screen housing.

It's not a perfect setup. If you are sitting in the car, it is very obvious because it sticks out too far. If your windows are not tinted, it will be noticeable. With tint (I only have 50%) and a sun screen, it works well enough.
Ok thanks again. I'll figure a way of doing this.
post #88 of 852 (permalink) Old 09-18-2009, 08:11 AM
Loyalist

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)

im jealous of you're mini-me.
post #89 of 852 (permalink) Old 10-20-2009, 06:34 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
The parts have been trickling in since late last week, and I think I finally have everything I will need to get this taken care of.

Fidanza Flywheel (130301) - THM
Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch (DF522018) - Amazon.com
OEM Release/Throwout bearing (31230-22101) - discounttoyotaparts.com (Note: The part is about $17 cheaper if you look it up by part# rather than vehicle )
OEM Pilot Bearing (90363-12002-77) - discounttoyotaparts.com
Redline MT-90 - Amazon.com
Transmission Drain Crush Washer (35178-30010) - discounttoyotaparts.com

I've heard a lot of good things about this combo, and I can't wait to get it installed. Thanks again to the people who helped me decide on this setup.

Last edited by rvalero; 10-20-2009 at 07:48 PM.
post #90 of 852 (permalink) Old 10-22-2009, 06:33 PM Thread Starter
Guru

Garage
A couple sections of my car were just painted (including the rear bumper), and I have a new Carson rear painted and ready to mount. I know I have to wait 30 days before I wax or apply a new clear bra.

Should I wait 30 days before mounting my rear lip with double-sided tape? I don't want to mess up my paint by not letting it cure properly.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Lexus IS Forum > Member Rides and Builds > Member Build Threads - Lexus IS only

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Lexus IS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. If your address is invalid, you will likely lose access to the site.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Current users viewing this Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page